Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NK
Feb 24, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

TL
Sep 30, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

426 - 450 of 5,253 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Paul E

Feb 9, 2017

Very interesting and worthwhile course, especially for overseas students. English used and speakers are very clear and concise. The content was excellent and opened our eyes to nutrition values and the sneaky psychology of supermarket logistics and planning.

By Dhananjay J C

Sep 8, 2020

A great course for a basic insight into into existing food trends driven by the food industry with an ulterior motive.

The course also has very helpful guidelines on how to inculcate healthier food and eating habits into our lifestyle.

A quick and easy course.

By Megan E O

Feb 25, 2020

this is a wonderful course everyone should take. Being introduced to nutrition and healthy eating in an approachable and easy to understand way makes becoming more healthy seem more achievable and less overwhelming. This is an important subject for everyone.

By Anna H

Feb 7, 2016

Every human being must take this course to be conscious on what they are eating and what they are feeding their children. The lecturer's clear voice and pronunciation will be very easy to understand, especially for those who are not native language speakers.

By PATRICIO F D C

Apr 11, 2020

PARABÉNS PELO CONTEUDO, MUITO ESCLARECEDOR E COM DICAS BASTANTE VALIOSA, PRINCIPALMENTE, NOS DAR UM NOVO OLHAR SOBRE PRODUTOS, INDUSTRIALIZADOS. E COMO É IMPORTANTE COMERMOS VEGETAIS E COZINHAR EM FAMILIA.

MUITO OBRIGADO POR EU FAZER O CURSO.

PATRÍCIO FÁBIO

By Alisha R

Dec 19, 2019

Very informative and easy to follow! I'd consider myself to be a healthy individual but I did learn a lot more from the biological side of maintaining a healthy diet. I would recommend this course to any beginners who would like to improve their lifestyle.

By Ekaterina

It was my first course on this platform and it was really amazing. Enjoyed each lessons especially last weeks (on the 1st week the material was a little bit difficult, but extremely useful). All in all, the course is great!!! Thanks to all creators of it!

By Sri V

Jul 14, 2019

I'm hereby to thank Ms.Maya Adam and Mr.Michael Pollen for providing an online course like this to encourage students and other people to know what's food,diet,organic eating etc.Through this basic platform they can understand what to eat and what not to.

By MATHAVAN A

Jun 5, 2017

Basic course which gives guidelines about making good choices in everyday nutrition care. It creates awareness about misleading marketing gimmicks and actual information conveyed in ingredients/nutrition data listed in commercially available food products

By Pablo M D P

I liked the course very much, learnt how to improve my nutrition by choosing wisely and healhier food and components mix and sizing of the plate contents. Found very good advise when going to the supermarket and reading the tags and also cooking tips.

By Daniel A P

Apr 1, 2020

Me gusto mucho este curso, ya tenia conocimientos de nutricion tanto domestica como deportiva, pero este curso fue muy practico y resolvio muchas dudas sobre todo en la cocina saludable desde un punto de vista 100% practico. Maya es una excelente guia...

By Ima K

Oct 19, 2020

Great material. The importance of good nutrition and exercise as well as how to prepare simple, healthy meals should be part of primary learning experience. It would help children develop an appreciation of whole foods and their value on general health.

By Boukoro-Moungabou D K

Jan 18, 2020

I really appreciated the materials. Clear, simple and straightforward. Thanks to this course, I committed myself to have a healthier diet, to cook my own food as much as I can, and most importantly, to eat while sitting at the table.

Thank You very much.

By Supot S

Oct 27, 2019

The course packs with abundance of useful information regarding to food and health. Furthermore, I gain more understanding on this what we often thought it was simple; however, it gives you accurate information and correct your misunderstanding to food.

By Gulalai H

Thanks alot Coursera! I have learnt alot about the basic thing in our lives...the food...that we eat daily but we are not aware of what to eat and in hiw much quantity. Now I am able to eat a healthy diet enough to maintain my weight and to be healthy.

By Smirnova Y A

Dec 1, 2019

I am very grateful for this course! I have a lot of knowledge about the benefits of homemade food, how to eat, how to choose products. I now know that home-cooked food is much healthier. I'm glad I'm increasing my health. Thank you very much!! Low bow!

By Filiz Z S

Sep 21, 2017

I LOVED this course. Maya, you and your children are great. I loved them. I even watched cooking vdos with my mother having fun. Please kiss the children for me... I love the recipes and will try them as soon as possible. lotsa loves from Turkey, Filiz

By Julia S

Oct 25, 2016

I loved this class! It was so interesting and a great overview of food and nutrition. I especially enjoyed watching the videos and having the recipes at the end. I am so excited to incorporate the information I gained into my cooking and everyday life!

By Isabella M

Feb 26, 2019

Excellent approach to healthy eating. Making it simple, not talking about biochemystry, but focusing in real food and homemade cooking. Thanks a lot Maya and Michael! I will give this simple yet powerfull recommendations to my patients and loved ones.

By Endri H

May 31, 2016

What a wonderful introduction to food and health, simplified so well! I thoroughly enjoyed this course, as it presents the information with clear examples and helps us become more informed consumers for our own, as well as the environment's, benefits.

By Tori C

Jan 20, 2020

This course is giving me incredible insight and understanding of food habits, how to eat well, and a bit of the food politics of why we have the relationship we have with our food.

I absolutely am enjoying it. It is very well organized and digestible.

By Viktoriya M

Feb 3, 2017

Very nice course for introduction to food nutrition. The material was pleasant and easy to follow. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a better understanding of what they are eating and what can be done to have better and healthier diet.

By Nicole P V

Jun 27, 2020

EXCELENTE CURSO, ME HA DADO UNA PERSPECTIVA MÁS AMPLIA DE LAS DIETAS, LAS COMIDAS SALUDABLES Y LAS COMPRAS EN LOS SUPERMERCADOS, DEFINITIVAMENTE ESTE CURSO POSIBILITA LAS OPCIONES DE UN NUEVO ESTILO DE VIDA, HÁBITOS SIMPLES Y CONSCIENCIA DE CONSUMO.

By Yamilette P A

Mar 17, 2020

Realmente un curso muy educativo , muy completo para despertar la conciencia a la sana alimentación.

El conocimiento adquirido me ha resultado de mu ho enriquecimiento familiar. Mi familia y yo disfrutamos mucho de lo que se cocina en casa.

Gracias

By Adarsh S

Mar 6, 2019

Super helpful and informative, without being complicated. I feel each and every one of us should have this basic knowledge about the food we eat, and I'm so grateful to the creators of this course for spending the time and effort to put this online.