Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

CS
Aug 26, 2019

476 - 500 of 5,606 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Pablo M D P

I liked the course very much, learnt how to improve my nutrition by choosing wisely and healhier food and components mix and sizing of the plate contents. Found very good advise when going to the supermarket and reading the tags and also cooking tips.

By Daniel A P

Apr 1, 2020

Me gusto mucho este curso, ya tenia conocimientos de nutricion tanto domestica como deportiva, pero este curso fue muy practico y resolvio muchas dudas sobre todo en la cocina saludable desde un punto de vista 100% practico. Maya es una excelente guia...

By Ima K

Oct 19, 2020

Great material. The importance of good nutrition and exercise as well as how to prepare simple, healthy meals should be part of primary learning experience. It would help children develop an appreciation of whole foods and their value on general health.

By Ian M

Jan 18, 2020

I really appreciated the materials. Clear, simple and straightforward. Thanks to this course, I committed myself to have a healthier diet, to cook my own food as much as I can, and most importantly, to eat while sitting at the table.

Thank You very much.

By Supot S

Oct 27, 2019

The course packs with abundance of useful information regarding to food and health. Furthermore, I gain more understanding on this what we often thought it was simple; however, it gives you accurate information and correct your misunderstanding to food.

By Gulalai H

Thanks alot Coursera! I have learnt alot about the basic thing in our lives...the food...that we eat daily but we are not aware of what to eat and in hiw much quantity. Now I am able to eat a healthy diet enough to maintain my weight and to be healthy.

By Smirnova Y A

Dec 1, 2019

I am very grateful for this course! I have a lot of knowledge about the benefits of homemade food, how to eat, how to choose products. I now know that home-cooked food is much healthier. I'm glad I'm increasing my health. Thank you very much!! Low bow!

By Julia S

Oct 25, 2016

I loved this class! It was so interesting and a great overview of food and nutrition. I especially enjoyed watching the videos and having the recipes at the end. I am so excited to incorporate the information I gained into my cooking and everyday life!

By Isabella M

Feb 26, 2019

Excellent approach to healthy eating. Making it simple, not talking about biochemystry, but focusing in real food and homemade cooking. Thanks a lot Maya and Michael! I will give this simple yet powerfull recommendations to my patients and loved ones.

By Endri H

May 31, 2016

What a wonderful introduction to food and health, simplified so well! I thoroughly enjoyed this course, as it presents the information with clear examples and helps us become more informed consumers for our own, as well as the environment's, benefits.

By Tori C

Jan 20, 2020

This course is giving me incredible insight and understanding of food habits, how to eat well, and a bit of the food politics of why we have the relationship we have with our food.

I absolutely am enjoying it. It is very well organized and digestible.

By Viktoriya M

Feb 3, 2017

Very nice course for introduction to food nutrition. The material was pleasant and easy to follow. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a better understanding of what they are eating and what can be done to have better and healthier diet.

By PISAÑA V N

Jun 27, 2020

EXCELENTE CURSO, ME HA DADO UNA PERSPECTIVA MÁS AMPLIA DE LAS DIETAS, LAS COMIDAS SALUDABLES Y LAS COMPRAS EN LOS SUPERMERCADOS, DEFINITIVAMENTE ESTE CURSO POSIBILITA LAS OPCIONES DE UN NUEVO ESTILO DE VIDA, HÁBITOS SIMPLES Y CONSCIENCIA DE CONSUMO.

By Yamilette P A

Mar 17, 2020

Realmente un curso muy educativo , muy completo para despertar la conciencia a la sana alimentación.

El conocimiento adquirido me ha resultado de mu ho enriquecimiento familiar. Mi familia y yo disfrutamos mucho de lo que se cocina en casa.

Gracias

By Adarsh S

Mar 6, 2019

Super helpful and informative, without being complicated. I feel each and every one of us should have this basic knowledge about the food we eat, and I'm so grateful to the creators of this course for spending the time and effort to put this online.

By Jason S

Nov 19, 2020

This is a great introduction to food and health for our Western culture. Navigating misinformation and marketing is diffucult, and this class presents in a accessible way basic and accessible tools for staying healthy or changing unhealthy habits.

By Briana L

Jun 26, 2017

This course was very basic but very helpful. This is really good information to teach in youth high school classes, parenting classes, and general food & health classes. Very easy to understand with reasons why to change your diet and how to do so.

By Brook M

Jan 29, 2016

This course was short, easy to understand, and provides excellent information. I enjoyed it. This might not be new information to some, but I liked this format and think it will appeal to people who like straight-forward talk about food and health.

By Thiuchelvi R

Oct 20, 2020

Hi, this course is very much useful to understand in very crystal clear that what is food and how it influence our health. If we want to stay healthy we want to know what to eat and how much amount? I strongly recommend this course for everyone!!!

By Gustavo M P A

May 3, 2020

Excelente curso, sencillo de comprender pero los conocimientos que uno adquiere son sumamente utiles para la buena salud y alimentacion diaria , obtuve consejos muy utiles para corregir errores que tenia en mi alimentacion, altamente recomentable.

By Tamara R

Apr 20, 2020

I am really satisfied with this course! Teachers made this course very helpful and interesting and I have enjoyed every second of it. Also, this whole course had huge impact on my way of thinking and I am really grateful that you made this course.

By Lam S K

Apr 9, 2019

This is a very professional course that allows me to understand how to counsel people with uncoordinated diets and patients with diseases. For example, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular obstruction. this can all be conditioned by diet.

By Joshua S W B

Jun 22, 2017

Was a lot better and simpler than I expected. Gives you real-life, easy to follow pointers that can really change for the better the way you eat, instead of complicated discussions about carbohydrates, proteins, etc. I really enjoyed it. Thanks :)

By Elizabeth M

Feb 17, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The information was clear and easy to understand. I especially appreciated the validation of my cooking habits with onions! I'm really excited for the GF crepes recipe, and grateful for this opportunity to learn.

By DIMITRA M

Dec 14, 2020

Very well explained and to the point! I am really happy that I took this course. I knew most of the things but it really helped me to get an idea of how to transmit the knowledge to other people and my clients (I am a personal trainer).

Thank you!