Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

VI

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

AE

Jun 22, 2018

401 - 425 of 4,641 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Joshua S W B

Jun 22, 2017

Was a lot better and simpler than I expected. Gives you real-life, easy to follow pointers that can really change for the better the way you eat, instead of complicated discussions about carbohydrates, proteins, etc. I really enjoyed it. Thanks :)

By CHETTI D P

Sep 13, 2019

nice course after completion of this course you will better to know how the home based food is diff from processed food and what are the causes and draw backs of processed food and after completion of course there will be a cooking workshop also

By Joseph S

Jun 28, 2018

Maya was a great instructor! Her material was very well-organized and succinctly communicated. She was able to clear up some of the confusion brought on by all of the health gimmicks that are out there in the market today. Thank you so much Maya!

By Alina H

Oct 03, 2017

This course is very interesting and useful for everyone who wants to know more about health diet. If you would like to improve your daily nutrition but don't know how to start this course will lead you to wellbeing in everyday life by easy steps.

By L G

Mar 01, 2020

I am really happy about doing this course as i gained lots of knowledge about food & health. Got the opportunity to identify the bad food habits and now when i am shopping i really care about the facts i got to know from this course. Thank you.

By Mustafa Z

Jan 13, 2020

This a wonderful time i had in studying this course as it offered me a lot of motivation with a spice of Information as well as knowledge with it to lead the next generation with full health fringe benefits to their basic dietary needs.

Thanks,

By Kaili C

Apr 14, 2020

This course is quite simple and enjoyable, introduce the basic information of nutrition and simple skills to identity it on the label, highly recommended to all the people, we all need to concern about our health and what we eat in daily life.

By Harine S

It was a wonderful course. After completing the course it made us a feel of cooking nutritious recipes using simple methods of cooking. It was interesting to learn more about the metabolism of nutrients and its importance for human well-being

By Valli d l G

Jun 02, 2016

Very easy to understand, and gives you the most important aspects of nutrition. The focus of the course is for the student to understand how to make a balanced diet part of their lifestyle, and not rely on fad diets for short periods of time.

By Sofia U

Jul 14, 2020

This course allowed me to expand my knowledge of food by having an online learning experience with great professionals. I have been inspired to create healthy food habits, look for recipes, cook at home, care about my health, etc. Thank you!

By Peter Z

Feb 10, 2020

Although it's a short course compared with those with programming homework, it teaches me a lot about how to build a healthy habit, which is quite important for everyone. Besides, each video is very attractive and each test is designed well.

By Heather A R

Mar 24, 2019

This is an extremely informative course. I learned quite a bit on food and healthier relationships with food. I believe this is a course that every cook, parent, and person paying into the fast food industry should take-- and take seriously.

By Shirley B L

Jul 05, 2018

It is a great reminder to educated modern community to look closely to our grandparents recipe and lifestyle in science view especially when it comes to food and nutrition. They live longer without packaged food/ nutrition labels. Thank you.

By Roseane M

May 07, 2020

This course shows in a simple way how important to invest in a better health style for you and your family. Isn't to difficult to choose a better options.

I really enjoyed this course, it helped me to improve my knowledge about nutrition.

By Cornelia S

Apr 17, 2020

The structure of the course is very structured. The content is presented in a way that is easy to understand and remember. It was a pleasure to participate in this course. I have learned a lot. I can present what I have learned well myself.

By Catherine V

Jan 16, 2018

Nice course, good information provided. Videos were a bit boring (and included some of what I thought was common knowledge) but short enough to pay attention. Overall, it was worth it and I really appreciated the healthy recipes at the end!

By Mary A R P

Apr 08, 2020

Lessons were brief yet concise. Videos were not that long so they do not easily bore. I appreciate that this course does not only intend to increase your knowledge on food and nutrition but also to change behavior by giving practical tips.

By Somtoo N

Jul 31, 2020

This course is very informative. I have known more about healthy feeding than I have over the years. Thanks to the course, and Maya's videos, I can confidently make healthy meals and plan myself ahead of time. Thanks to the Coursera team!

By Carla R

Jun 07, 2020

I did this course a few years ago (around 7 years ago) and I had to do it again because it disappeared from my list. I do not regret it. I like this course and I found a benchmark of healthy eating and great eating ideas that I still use.

By Igana, A A M

Jun 03, 2020

Its my grateful and honor to take this course when specially my wife introduce to me this Coursera. As cook also big advantage for me cooking simple dish for your breakfast, lunch or dinner even snacks than consuming processed food items.

By Grisell S M G

Apr 21, 2020

Fue una experiencia educativa muy útil. De igual forma puedo aplicarla en mi vida diaria y compartirlo on familiares, compañeros de trabajo y amigos. Con el fín de crear un cultura alimenticia que agregue valor salud y vida a largo plazo.

By Xhoni S

Dec 16, 2019

Excellent course. One of the most important ones in coursera. Mrs. Maya did a great job explaining the most intricate details with regards to food and health. Highly recommended for everyone, because with no health, there is no success ;)

By Maite C V

Apr 18, 2019

I am very pleased with the information and the way it is presented. The lecturer explained it all in a very simple way, which is fantastic in every way. I think I learned a lot and I would definitely recommend this course to other people!

By Feris K

Mar 11, 2019

Very informative. Removes dilemma of nutrition calculation and how to divide food into different types. Got to know art of cooking with basic items one can find easily in nearby supermarket. For beginners in nutrition, one must go for it.

By PABBISETTY V S M

Mar 13, 2018

i had learnt the introduction to food and health.i liked the way of presentation of course.content and quality of this course by stanford university is excellent .thanks to coursera & stanford for this high quality online course material.