Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

CS
Aug 26, 2019

TL
Sep 30, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

4326 - 4350 of 5,250 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Dimitri A

Apr 7, 2020

The information shared in this course is very basic, and most probably as a European or an Asian you will not learn much. However, the quality of the videos, animations and interviews is on a very high level!

By salman R

Sep 20, 2017

Very good course, provides appropriate amount of information on nutrition needed, not so much to become a professional nutritionist but just enough to understand the right kind of diet to lead a healthy diet.

By Carmen M

Aug 16, 2017

The course provides very useful information and a basis for starting to live a healthier life. It is explained quite clearly and concisely. It is very short though. would enjoy going deeper into the subject.

By Debry W

Feb 10, 2016

Information: excellent

Visual aids: beautiful but sometimes tedious and repetitive, sometimes unpredictable, more creative ways of visual aids can help understand and remember better.

Overall excellent course.

By Cornelis J K

Dec 7, 2018

If you are considering this course just know that it is a lifestyle guide and not a course on Nutrition in of itself, which is my fault as i did not know that when i was going into it but still pretty good.

By Lexie K

Mar 31, 2017

High quality videos make this course entertaining as well as educational. Even if you have a basic understanding of nutrition, this course contains good information that will make you thirsty to learn more.

By Mauricio D A C

Jan 29, 2016

Its a good and simple intro. the the very important world of eating healthy, ergo being happy.

I would complement it with Michael´s Pollan book "In Defense of Food".

Excited to continue my learning journey...

By Andrea R V

Jul 17, 2017

Es un muy buen curso para aprender sobre la importancia de la alimentación balanceada y su impacto en la salud, aprendí mucho de las clases y también de los interesantes talleres de cocina. Muchas gracias!

By Trang H M

Apr 15, 2020

This course is very useful for me to enrich my knowledge about how to maintain long term health. In addition, I spend a little time a day to join this course so it really suitable for people who are busy

By Melissa D

Mar 1, 2020

Great introductory course that has helped me think about the food I consume, and what I need to do to adapt my diet to ensure I am eating for health and limiting the amount of processed foods in my diet.

By Amanda M

Nov 7, 2017

This class was a good introduction for people who are looking to make healthier eating habits. It did not provide as much education as I would have liked it to but number of course hours, it makes sense.

By Rui Z

Jul 1, 2019

It is simple and could be helpful for people who do not have much knowledge about healthy eating. It was too easy for me. But I enjoyed learning some simple rules which I could share with other people.

By Akiko N

Jul 5, 2020

This course was a good review of general health and nutrition with added information. The quizzes seemed unproductive since the answers were obvious where I did not have to read much of the questions.

By Patricia B

Jun 25, 2019

This course builds a good foundation and specialised knowledge in food and health. I would have liked to build skills by solving real-world problems through case studies and practice weekly exercises.

By Antonio P D

Jun 17, 2019

Though It's a very (very very) basic course, it provided clear information, which acts as a kind of wake-up-call for not abusing on processed foods. I'll definitely adjust my diet based on it. Thanks!

By Aaron B

Aug 23, 2017

I know supplements and vitamins were not necessarily recommended as opposed to healthy foods, but they didn't really cover the scientific reasons why not. I would like more information on this topic.

By Megha M

Aug 23, 2017

This course helped me a lot in order to understand about the importance of planning a good meal. It would be even amazing to have recipes at the end that more vegan and also without the use of sugar

By Joe M

Feb 13, 2017

Decent course. I really liked the instructor -- very well spoken, and the interviews were interesting. I would definitely take another course with this instructor. Course was pretty short, and easy.

By Raul J R G

May 6, 2019

I found it really enterteaning. I would have liked a little bit more info about healthy cooking and basic recipes. Maybe some tips and tricks and so on. Overall really good, short and to the point.

By Maggie L

Sep 24, 2018

the course is simple and understandable for a freshman interested in food and health. The recommendation is that it would be more wonderful if the course talk more about different culture of foods.

By Tzvi S

May 11, 2017

This is a great course for those interested in learning more about what goes on their plate and how to make it healthier. There are some very interesting insights about how we view food culturally.

By Gisela L T

May 1, 2020

Me parecio un curso sencillo e interesante, me faltaria un poco mas de informacion de como estan compuestos los alimentos y me hubiese gustado que el examen estuviese tambien en español, gracias

By Vani S

May 5, 2020

i think it was an amazing course. it will help you value home cooked food a lot more .well i did understand a lot of things in here and ofcourse not to forgot the importance of home cooked food.

By Aakanksha C

Jul 3, 2018

It was very informative. Though it could have included more topics related to beverages like green tea, black coffee, or about metabolism, different types of fruits and nutritional value of each.

By Juan G

Jul 10, 2017

It was a good learning experience, I do wish it was more in depth with regards to meal planning and grocery shopping. But i guess I'd have to talk to a nutritionist directly with regards to that.