Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

CN
May 13, 2021

Really good as an introductory guide to general human nutrition. Gives great insights on cooking, planning meals and health diet habits. It's a rather short course with actually impactful information.

CS
Aug 26, 2019

6301 - 6325 of 6,647 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Maria B

May 4, 2020

Very basic. It could use much more in depth material. I would recommend it to someone who was absolutely no knowledge of food and nutrition, even basics like "do not eat processed foods". For someone who has basic knowledge, this is not very useful.

By Kim H J

Oct 2, 2018

This course is too easy and too simple that we don't have to learn from the lecture. We already learned most of this course's information from high school, news, or SNS posts. Also, I'm a little doubted about the recipes if these are really healthy.

By Marilyn P

Jun 2, 2020

The course was very simplistic but I guess it was an introduction. I stopped watching the recipe videos when everything had sugar and/or Nutella. Nutella has zero nutritional value. Really? A program on health and all the recipes have sugar?

By Kyuhyun C

Oct 9, 2020

Probably not for people who are looking for academic knowledge or a lecture that takes a theoretical approach toward nutritional science. It seems to be more fit for the general public who want to learn how to make healthier choices for eating.

By L A

Jul 15, 2017

It was really easy... perhaps too easy IMO. I barely had to focus or think throughout the lecture videos or the quizzes. The course provided me with facts that I already knew about. However, I found that the recipes were creative and helpful.

By William H

I was hoping there would be more breakdowns of nutrients at a molecular level, and why your body needs them. This course offered a superficial understanding of those nutrients. However it offered a guideline of how to organize your plate.

By Peter S

Nov 28, 2017

A very enjoyable course, but a little on the 'light side'. Good fun to watch, but not as rigorous as many other MOOCs. Though to be fair, the course only claims to be an introduction to the topic. The lecturer is certainly not boring.

By Sandra M

Apr 6, 2017

I actually enjoyed this class very much, but it doesn't go very deep in the topic. The questions to the quiz are very easy to answer to. In my opinion, this class is great for a general public, but it is not an university level course.

By ApointB

Mar 4, 2021

Very useful for starters and for those who have just begun to implement some changes for the better in their nutrition, but there's not much for those who are a bit ahead in the journey. Perhaps should consider making a part two.

By Garry L

Jan 25, 2020

Great course. Very interesting. I skipped all the recipes etc at the end. I think if they were more practical using very simple ingredients on a budget with each meal taking no more than 20 minutes with least labels?

By Patricia S

Nov 16, 2020

This course serves as a part of a foundation to healthier eating with practical tips on shopping,choices of foods and cooking. So because the content had these several areas,it made the course more realistic

By joseluis

May 6, 2020

Foi um curso incrível que me permitiu ser muito mais consciente do que eu estava comendo e me forçou a me esforçar para alcançar um estilo de vida mais saudável. No geral, foi muito divertido e informativo!

By Courtney D

Oct 4, 2019

I found this course very basic and almost all of what was said was pretty obvious to me. I would say this course is more suitable to people who have absolutely no knowledge about nutrition, food and health.

By Juan H C

May 4, 2018

I expected more depth in the nutrition side, like meals and drink that prevent some nutrients absortion and shouldn't be mixed with the meals providing those nutrients. But I guess it's ok for introduction.

By Ilona G

Nov 1, 2020

The course itself is a really basic intro for people who have no clue what is managing diet and healty eating. It is done really well, but if you are looking for some more detailed basics it't not for you.

By Турбина А Э

Mar 28, 2020

As for me eastern european was not so many things new. In my country we don't have such problems. We always eats at home homecooked food. Only first 2 modules give me some new and introduction. Thanks.

By Evan C

Aug 1, 2017

Well produced and informative, but very very basic. I thought that it would be a little more in depth and require a little more study. I think I could have passed the quizzes without watching the videos.

By Ruchika M G

Sep 28, 2017

Loved the video sharing experience about foods and nutrition. Would be more helpful if mre case studies were added to explain the benefits and side effects of ingredients found on processed food labels.

By Daphne G

May 5, 2016

This was a very baseline introduction and basically a summary of Pollan's books and ideology. The positive is that is was very accessible in time and presentation however provides little insight to ins

By Valeria C

Feb 8, 2016

Interesting and well presented information. I wished the course had been more interactive and had spent more time on the chemistry of nutrition. Also the lectures and quizzes could have been longer.

By Jessica S

Feb 26, 2021

I thought there would be more science and depth to this course. I was looking for a deeper level of knowledge, felt very basic to me. Love Michael Pollan but would have been nice to see more experts

By Roberta C

Aug 25, 2021

T​his was a basic/fundamental course for beginners. Awesome topic, good content, and very useful. However I need to move on to a more advanced course in nutrition, wellness, and health.

T​hank you

By Holo D

Feb 10, 2021

Some Case studies should be included to make reader feel that Change in Food Habits can make a real difference. Doctors are too eager to put people on Metaphor (something like that)and Crestor.

By Debbie C

Feb 19, 2016

It was well presented but a little light on, I was hoping for a bit more "meat" to it. But interesting none the less, & a fascinating insight into how few people apparently cook their own food.

By Andy N

Feb 3, 2016

If you have some basic knowledge about food and nutrition, then this course is not the right for you. It's very basic and sometimes trivial. But the lecturer and course itself was really nice.