Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

AE

Jun 22, 2018

VI

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

3226 - 3250 of 3,985 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Livnat B

Feb 27, 2016

The course was informative, condense to be easily understood, and was well done. I left the course eager to learn how to cook!

I think the course could have demanded / pushed the students a little more to think about this deeper.

I am excited to try out the recipes!

By Shannon H

Jan 24, 2016

Michael Pollan is wonderful! Great fundamental tips. Music can be distracting. Maya's speech is a bit slow...Pollan's pace was stronger. Visuals were clean and easy to digest. Content was succinct and memorable. Appreciated the brevity of the videos. Thank you.

By ankur s

Apr 10, 2020

I got a good basic insight abot food and eating habits. The way Maya makes her receipes is too orgasmic. I mean she has taken cooking and eating healthy to a new level of awareness. Overall a good course to study the concepts of food, nutrition and health. Thanks.

By Michelle B

May 11, 2018

Great, very short, introduction to health. A very good starting point. I would love to learn a lot more, but I think this is something you can go through in an hour and take something away from. Would not pay for this certificate, but would still recommend taking!

By Mitch B

Jan 30, 2016

Great information, but in some instances I would have liked to see the course delve a little deeper into the topic. This was a minor concern however, overall it provided the information that mattered, and did so in a simple and "easy to digest" manner. Well done!

By Julia S

Jul 24, 2017

A pretty good course for beginners, or for those who simply wanted to be more educated on food and nutrition for the daily person. It is a little simple for those who have approximately a high school level knowledge of biology, but nevertheless, contains good ti

By Charl l R

Apr 07, 2019

Very simple yet informative course to familiarize yourself with the basics of nutrition. It really gives you the opportunity to also think about what you put into your body, and gives you the knowledge necessary to make better decisions regarding your own diet.

By dv

May 07, 2020

I already knew most of this, but it is very helpful and I like the easy A.

It's nice to have an easy course once in a while and it will still look good on a resume.

And it's nice to have what you already know reinforced. Though I do wish it had more content.

By Victoria A R

Jun 11, 2017

El curso me pareció muy interesante y dinámico. Preferiría que en los cuestionarios pusieran preguntas de mayor reto y omitieran las que verdaderamente no tienen ningún sentido.

Felicitaciones! Me encanta coursera y me inscribiré a otro curso.

Gracias y saludos.

By Mostafa M E

Aug 28, 2017

this amazing and useful course is a great opportunity for everyone to really know more about food and how to improve the quality of it for a better health with amazing and very easy and useful explanation. it was really great opportunity to take this course

By Yokebec S

Jun 09, 2017

All the videos are very well produced and the information is easy to understand. Maybe is a good idea explore more content because a lot of information is available free in the documentary "In defense of food" (Michael Pollan) also in these video lessons.

By Shannon R

Aug 10, 2016

Good course. It would be nice to have 1 or 2 healthy meal recipes at the end of the course as an example. I like that I can work on the course as I have time. The only downside is posting comments for each chapter because it is not an active discussion.

By Jiwan T

Mar 09, 2018

Great course to learn about the history of the western diet, contemporary debates and the implications on health and disease. Highly recommend this course for anyone interested in learning about one of the most important aspects of our health - FOOD!

By Julie T

Nov 18, 2019

This course is interesting and provides a basic understanding of healthy eating, with simple tips, supported by science-based evidence. The structure of the course is well-though, which makes it easy to follow. Thank your for creating this course!

By Shruti N

Nov 16, 2018

This course provides an overview about food trends, nutrients and composition. It provides a basic understanding of the main food groups and what makes them healthy/unhealthy. There are helpful tips on how to start leading a healthier lifestyle.

By Rares M

Jul 01, 2018

The course was very helpful and informative. Nevertheless the level of information delivered in the first session was way higher than the sessions to follow. Overall, it was a good course, but it could benefit from more in-depth information!

By Neha v

Sep 20, 2017

Being a mother i want to give best food to my kid and my family. There is no comparison to tasty and healthy food. What I learnt in this course is how to choose and prepare a healthy food and make it a habit to include it in your daily diet.

By Nida J

Oct 24, 2018

This is a very good course and i enjoy it .bus i want some practical ,so please add some practical work in course and tell us about food in market . Thank you for this oppounity and give me the certificate of this course with out any cost

By krishna s

Jul 24, 2019

first thing first , it opens my eyes to eat healthy , not too much but in moderation .

second thing it helped me to understand food relation with human body .

how can we live a better and a healthy life without suffering from diseases .

By Ming E L

Dec 18, 2019

Simple to understand and to cook recipes. Nutritional knowledge. I have learnt some of these in home economics class in school before but this is nonetheless a good refresher. Could put these knowledge to actual use in everyday life.

By Camila L

Nov 05, 2016

A great introduction to a healthy lifestyle, very useful to be aware about our daily food consume and how this can change our health and wellness.It does not go very deep into many topics but was entertaining and very well explained.

By Gustavo A C L

Sep 19, 2018

It has some key elements on the present food-health panorama, but I believe there could be a bit more depth into the subject and reduce some repetition. Otherwise very light, appropriate for an introductory course and entertaining.

By Affan E

Mar 19, 2020

It was a very helpful course for me as i am becoming a nutritionist. Getting new ideas and ongoing things in nutrition was a good thing to learn. It is a course filled with knowledge and practically how things are in the world.

By Harsimranjeet S

Apr 08, 2020

I really enjoyed the coarse and it help me to understand the needs of nutrients in food. It encourages to eat home cook meal over fast food. It explains the process in detail to avoid the fast food and follow healthy routine.