Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Aug 27, 2019

4451 - 4475 of 4,674 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Jekaterina S

Jan 23, 2017

Too superficial, basic and short vs my expectations. It might be because high expectations or another target audience for the course, but full course content could be fit to the first week.

By Jakob J

Jun 01, 2020

Course is informational but due to it being multiple choice instead of peer graded writing one can do the entire course by guessing on the quizzes and skipping the videos in a few minutes.

By Ana M C R

Aug 03, 2020

This is a very very basic nutrition course. I would say it is more addressed to the American public who is not used to cooking and eating at home. The recipies at the end are really nice.

By Elise D

Apr 05, 2017

This course had a lot of valuable information but in the quizzes it was only the most basic questions asked. And I would have liked more practice quizzes. Over all a good course though!

By Guillaume L

Apr 09, 2020

Nice course, clear and beautifully executed, but it is interesting only for people having absolutely no clue about cooking at home, I mean even just making a salad. Very USA focused.

By Alexis G

Oct 08, 2018

A good guide for beginners. I was expecting a University course in Nutrition, so I was disappointed. I wish I could reference the videos for my Health Coaching clients, though.

By Stacey O

Jan 04, 2017

This is all information I already have in my arsenal after researching health trends and learning more about how I should eat. I was hoping for something a little more detailed.

By Amber R

Jul 26, 2017

I enjoyed this course and thought it provided helpful, but very basic, information. I would recommend it for anyone who has little to no knowledge about the subject matter.

By Liga S

Aug 05, 2020

More suitable for people who rarely cook at home and struggle with weight and health problems. Very basic and simple information. All course can be finished in few hours.

By Adhitya J

Jul 07, 2017

Great informational and short course that you can finish in a day, but didn't go too in-depth into the nutrition side. Focused on obesity trends and fighting those.

By Sampath K , R

Feb 25, 2020

A short but informative introduction to Food and Health. Practical insights withe examples. After doing this, one can go for more detailed courses on the subject.

By Fernando E

Apr 07, 2020

Es un curso muy básico acerca de la nutrición pero ayuda a que te interese y que comiences a aprender acerca de la relación entre lo que comemos y nuestra salud.

By gaby z

Jul 17, 2020

creí que el curso tenia información mas científica y especifica. Me parece que es muy útil para obtener conocimientos básicos y aplicarlos en la vida diaria.

By Holger E

May 27, 2016

Interesting, but not so much new things to know when you've already learned about healthy food. It's ok.

It's quite hard because of the english language. :(

By Sol A

Jan 23, 2016

an easy course, i would reccomend it to novices to nutritional science. If you're a more seasoned nutritionist, move on and find a more challenging course.

By Kuo K T

Feb 10, 2016

Way too easy.. I was expecting more information in nutritional science.

Still there's some useful tips for us to choose good food and improve our health

By Kay V

Apr 09, 2020

Good info, but very basic. I live in The Netherlands and in our culture this is all common knowledge. I was hoping for something a bit more complex.

By Scott A L

Jan 14, 2020

As a fitness professional, I already knew that the "Western Diet" was replete with added sugar, the most deadly and addictive drug on the planet.

By Tyra E

Aug 16, 2017

Interesting, wish there was more depth. Some information seemed biased, most recipes weren't all that "healthy." Needs more plantbased research.

By Hilary P

Aug 28, 2019

Good course, but it would be better if it delved into more information about the nutrients in food and how to balance your diet in that sense.

By Marya D M

Sep 11, 2016

Really basic info that most foodies will already know. I liked the cooking demos but I am vegan, gluten-free and eat mostly organic already.

By Marissa D

Jul 30, 2017

Great course more so for helpful reminders and less of class knowledge. Most information I was already aware of so it made it a bit easy.

By Cheryl C

Jul 23, 2017

This is a nice course for a reminder about common sense human nutrition. It contains information that most everyone should already know.

By Maia D

Feb 10, 2020

i wish the course was a little bit more technical and went deeper into scientific explanations than home made cooking and recipes.