Back to Introduction to Forensic Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Forensic Science by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

We have all seen forensic scientists in TV shows, but how do they really work? What is the science behind their work? The course aims to explain the scientific principles and techniques behind the work of forensic scientists and will be illustrated with numerous case studies from Singapore and around the world. Some questions which we will attempt to address include: How did forensics come about? What is the role of forensics in police work? Can these methods be used in non-criminal areas? Blood. What is it? How can traces of blood be found and used in evidence? Is DNA chemistry really so powerful? What happens (biologically and chemically) if someone tries to poison me? What happens if I try to poison myself? How can we tell how long someone has been dead? What if they have been dead for a really long time? Can a little piece of a carpet fluff, or a single hair, convict someone? Was Emperor Napoleon murdered by the perfidious British, or killed by his wallpaper? *For Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students, please be noted that this course will no longer be eligible for credit transfer....

NU

Jun 18, 2020

The training and instruction received in the course of the program were an excellent one. It exposed me to various techniques used for crime investigation. Generally, I had an awesome experience.

DR

Jul 09, 2019

This was a good course for reviewing forensic medicine. Some detail part of medicolegal aspects are insufficient but as a package, it is most essential for the expert to upgrade their knowledge.

151 - 175 of 354 Reviews for Introduction to Forensic Science

By Sahar I

Aug 31, 2020

very informative course and the instructor discuss various examples so that the concept could be cleared.

By Nicolas D n

Jul 02, 2020

Great Course. I enjoy it very much.

Congratulations to the teacher!!! Great way of explaining and talking

By Rachel N

Mar 26, 2018

Excellent course! Kept me interested from beginning to end. I learned an immense amount of information.

By Adel G

May 03, 2020

Solid course, though a tad on the easy side. It serves as a nice introduction to the subject indeed !

By Andrea A

Apr 28, 2020

Excelente curso. Combina la teoría con casos para evaluar las aplicaciones de cada técnica utilizada.

By Mahima S

Jan 28, 2020

I loved this course. Absolutely perfect for beginners who want understand the basics of forensics.

By Irina S

Aug 05, 2018

A very interesting course. Careful choice of material. Roderick Bates is an excellent teacher!

By Marsha J

Jun 26, 2018

Awesome course if you want an introduction to the forensic science and the labs that they use.

By Neharika A M

Oct 15, 2020

It was an amazing course, perfect for juniors and totally made me want to get into this field

By Mario A G

Dec 17, 2018

Excelente estructuración del curso así como la selección de los temas. Altamente recomendable

By Ujwal V S

Sep 21, 2020

It was a great experience learning. I have learnt a lot from this course. Thankyou very much

By Darla L K

Oct 07, 2020

I loved this course. I learned a lot. I hope to continue in Forensic Science in the future.

By Devangi C

It was an amazing experience to be able to do this course, Helped me learn a lot, thank you

By María V A L

Oct 07, 2020

una excelente herramienta de aprendizaje para iniciar en el mundo de las ciencias forenses

By Karla E P O

Aug 10, 2020

Amazing course. I learned so much and I want to keep learning. Thank you very, very much!

By Sveva P

Loved this course! The material is very good, a lot of cases and the assegnments are fun!

By Anna F

I ENJOYED LEARNING THIS COURSE IT WAS INFORMATIVE AND WOULD HELP IN MY CAREER. THANK YOU

By Zarhaan K

Apr 18, 2020

Excellent course, very interesting, excellent video sessions and extremely informative.

By 徐丹妮

Feb 09, 2019

Some videos do not have Chinese subtitles……So there are some difficulties in learning.

By Ruwaya A

Dec 26, 2017

very interesting course that is explained in an easy way to understand, soooooo useful

By Yin C T

Feb 26, 2017

Many case study examples to illustrate forensic techniques, interesting and inspiring!

By Yusuf H

Sep 30, 2020

A marvellous selection of topics for the beginners. I strongly recommend this course!

By Cristina L F

Nov 16, 2019

Really interesting course, if you are curious about this topic, you should choose it.

By Eddie d J G B

Nov 11, 2019

A great update opportunity in forensic sciences, in a pleasant, didactic and fast way

By Josephine C

May 14, 2018

Super interesting course and the assignment were very interesting. Highly recommended