Back to Introduction to Forensic Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Forensic Science by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

We have all seen forensic scientists in TV shows, but how do they really work? What is the science behind their work? The course aims to explain the scientific principles and techniques behind the work of forensic scientists and will be illustrated with numerous case studies from Singapore and around the world. Some questions which we will attempt to address include: How did forensics come about? What is the role of forensics in police work? Can these methods be used in non-criminal areas? Blood. What is it? How can traces of blood be found and used in evidence? Is DNA chemistry really so powerful? What happens (biologically and chemically) if someone tries to poison me? What happens if I try to poison myself? How can we tell how long someone has been dead? What if they have been dead for a really long time? Can a little piece of a carpet fluff, or a single hair, convict someone? Was Emperor Napoleon murdered by the perfidious British, or killed by his wallpaper? *For Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students, please be noted that this course will no longer be eligible for credit transfer....

SF
Nov 12, 2020

Thanks to Mr Roderick Wayland Bates for his simple and vivid explanation .....I liked his way of presentation... The course was really very useful and the case studies were thought provoking......

NU
Jun 17, 2020

The training and instruction received in the course of the program were an excellent one. It exposed me to various techniques used for crime investigation. Generally, I had an awesome experience.

151 - 175 of 386 Reviews for Introduction to Forensic Science

By Mari A B C

Aug 14, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed this course! Excellent materials, assignment/quizzes, and instructor. Thank you, NTU and Prof Bates!

By Stefania V

Jul 27, 2020

Amazing course! I recommend it to every person that wants to learn more about this field. The teacher is great as well.

By Debjit P

Nov 5, 2020

Awesome course to get the basic knowledge of Forensic Science. This is a must have course for the interested people.

By Fatima F B

Feb 18, 2018

It is a very interesting course! I like the way that it was explained and the answers that were given on the forus.

By Deiby F A

Aug 17, 2020

Es un excelente curso para entrar al mundo de las ciencias forenses, tiene mucho material de estudio para aprender

By Daniel K

Feb 26, 2018

A very well taught course that explains complex, but at the same time very interesting topics in forensic science.

By Marisa L

Jan 10, 2017

Extremely interesting and informative. It is an excellent option for understanding and knowing about these topics.

By Kenneth B

Jul 31, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. It was really an interesting course and I also recommended this to my friends.

By Dakota T

Mar 26, 2019

I am so excited to continue! Already, this course has provided amazing articles and resources to help me learn!

By Shiz

Nov 4, 2019

Amazing!! As a beginner in Forensic science, I gathered so much knowledge. The professor is SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

By Dr. L H A

Oct 4, 2020

I can get all the knowledge about forensic science. Thanks you for your contributions, prof. and University

By Szimona N K

Jun 29, 2020

Professor Bates is extremely engaging and informative. Loved his lectures, his class was a pleasure to take!

By Vimal K B B R

Jul 27, 2020

A great course which teaches you the broad fundamentals of forensic science in a duration of mere 8 weeks!

By Sahar I

Aug 31, 2020

very informative course and the instructor discuss various examples so that the concept could be cleared.

By Nicolas D n

Jul 2, 2020

Great Course. I enjoy it very much.

Congratulations to the teacher!!! Great way of explaining and talking

By Rachel N

Mar 26, 2018

Excellent course! Kept me interested from beginning to end. I learned an immense amount of information.

By Adel G

May 3, 2020

Solid course, though a tad on the easy side. It serves as a nice introduction to the subject indeed !

By Andrea A

Apr 28, 2020

Excelente curso. Combina la teoría con casos para evaluar las aplicaciones de cada técnica utilizada.

By Mahima S

Jan 27, 2020

I loved this course. Absolutely perfect for beginners who want understand the basics of forensics.

By Karla S V

Nov 10, 2020

El material del curso está muy bien explicado y es muy didáctico. Recomiendo mucho este curso.

By Irina S

Aug 5, 2018

A very interesting course. Careful choice of material. Roderick Bates is an excellent teacher!

By Marsha J

Jun 26, 2018

Awesome course if you want an introduction to the forensic science and the labs that they use.

By Neharika A M

Oct 14, 2020

It was an amazing course, perfect for juniors and totally made me want to get into this field

By Mario A G

Dec 17, 2018

Excelente estructuración del curso así como la selección de los temas. Altamente recomendable

By Ujwal V S

Sep 21, 2020

It was a great experience learning. I have learnt a lot from this course. Thankyou very much