Back to Introduction to Forensic Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Forensic Science by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

We have all seen forensic scientists in TV shows, but how do they really work? What is the science behind their work? The course aims to explain the scientific principles and techniques behind the work of forensic scientists and will be illustrated with numerous case studies from Singapore and around the world. Some questions which we will attempt to address include: How did forensics come about? What is the role of forensics in police work? Can these methods be used in non-criminal areas? Blood. What is it? How can traces of blood be found and used in evidence? Is DNA chemistry really so powerful? What happens (biologically and chemically) if someone tries to poison me? What happens if I try to poison myself? How can we tell how long someone has been dead? What if they have been dead for a really long time? Can a little piece of a carpet fluff, or a single hair, convict someone? Was Emperor Napoleon murdered by the perfidious British, or killed by his wallpaper? *For Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students, please be noted that this course will no longer be eligible for credit transfer....

AP
Apr 16, 2021

HI, I am student of forensic science and as per my knowledge this is the best course i come across.\n\nyou just need to have basic knowledge, the cases given in the course are awesome.\n\ni loved this

SF
Nov 12, 2020

Thanks to Mr Roderick Wayland Bates for his simple and vivid explanation .....I liked his way of presentation... The course was really very useful and the case studies were thought provoking......

226 - 250 of 456 Reviews for Introduction to Forensic Science

By Yin C T

Feb 26, 2017

Many case study examples to illustrate forensic techniques, interesting and inspiring!

By Yusuf H

Sep 30, 2020

A marvellous selection of topics for the beginners. I strongly recommend this course!

By Cristina L F

Nov 16, 2019

Really interesting course, if you are curious about this topic, you should choose it.

By Eddie d J G B

Nov 10, 2019

A great update opportunity in forensic sciences, in a pleasant, didactic and fast way

By Josephine C

May 13, 2018

Super interesting course and the assignment were very interesting. Highly recommended

By Tammi M L

Aug 16, 2016

Great course, very interesting, and actually quite fun! You will learn a lot from it.

By Mohammed M

Mar 4, 2021

Very interesting course i get unforgettable experience towards the forensic science

By davis e

Dec 11, 2019

its really been a wonderful time learning this course because i have learnt so much

By Nicolo G C

Aug 24, 2016

Super interesting course.

Would be great to have more Courses about forensic science

By Cindy B

Jun 25, 2020

Excellent course! Interesting and challenging. I enjoyed doing the assignments.

By Arón L S

Apr 13, 2020

Un excelente curso, debería haber más información del tema o una especialización.

By Marco A M O

Feb 17, 2021

buen curso que desarrolla las habilidades de creatividad en los alumnos, gracias

By Lean F G

Mar 12, 2020

The lessons are mostly basic but still very helpful for future related endeavors

By Susan F

Apr 9, 2020

Very interesting class. I would take the next level of this course if offered.

By Hardik G

Apr 10, 2019

A very very good course. Well explained. Lab demonstrations should be increased

By Carla P

Amazing course, amazing instructor, amazing knowledge gained from it.

Loved it!

By sara s

Oct 17, 2020

loved this course so much. It's so interesting and useful full of great info!

By Kelvin C

Sep 28, 2020

An excellent course. The course exercises are well designed and interesting.

By Zuzana D

Feb 20, 2018

This was the first course I took with Coursera and I found it very rewarding.

By Addie F

Feb 8, 2021

Amazing course! I love Mr. Bates and his sense of humour. I learned so much.

By Noris G

Nov 11, 2020

Muy interesante, para mí fue un éxito aprender más procesos forensic science

By Ishita P

Jun 20, 2020

Great course! All i needed! Helped me fall in love with the field even more!

By Makhado T T

Jan 21, 2020

I've learned so much and it will help me starting a career in Forensic world

By LARA A A

Feb 9, 2019

I would recommend the course to everyone who loves smart learning Thank you.