Back to Introduction to Forensic Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Forensic Science by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

We have all seen forensic scientists in TV shows, but how do they really work? What is the science behind their work? The course aims to explain the scientific principles and techniques behind the work of forensic scientists and will be illustrated with numerous case studies from Singapore and around the world. Some questions which we will attempt to address include: How did forensics come about? What is the role of forensics in police work? Can these methods be used in non-criminal areas? Blood. What is it? How can traces of blood be found and used in evidence? Is DNA chemistry really so powerful? What happens (biologically and chemically) if someone tries to poison me? What happens if I try to poison myself? How can we tell how long someone has been dead? What if they have been dead for a really long time? Can a little piece of a carpet fluff, or a single hair, convict someone? Was Emperor Napoleon murdered by the perfidious British, or killed by his wallpaper? *For Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students, please be noted that this course will no longer be eligible for credit transfer....

AP
Apr 16, 2021

HI, I am student of forensic science and as per my knowledge this is the best course i come across.\n\nyou just need to have basic knowledge, the cases given in the course are awesome.\n\ni loved this

SF
Nov 12, 2020

Thanks to Mr Roderick Wayland Bates for his simple and vivid explanation .....I liked his way of presentation... The course was really very useful and the case studies were thought provoking......

326 - 350 of 446 Reviews for Introduction to Forensic Science

By Gaitrie C S

Nov 27, 2020

Eexcellent course! I learnt quite alot!

By A. F M M H B

Aug 13, 2020

Very Good funny and instructive course.

By IC2002 L Y Y

Very informative and interesting course

By Chitrakara H

Jul 9, 2020

very interesting & informative subject

By Abhinav P

Sep 1, 2020

One of the best and detailed courses!

By Rajatendra R

Nov 9, 2018

Excellent course.Got to learn a lot.

By Yvette D

May 19, 2017

This is absolutly an amazing course

By Anne-Marie S

Jan 17, 2021

I loved the section on toxicology!

By Mohammed S A

Jul 29, 2020

Very interesting and useful course

By Manjaree p

May 23, 2020

Most interesting course. Loved it.

By José M

Nov 7, 2019

One of the best course of Coursera

By Yogita K J

Jul 13, 2020

Amazing course. So much to learn!

By briyith a

Jan 7, 2019

bastante interesante y divertido!

By Anagha J

Oct 1, 2020

Loved Forensic Science Actually.

By Tracy S

Feb 15, 2021

The hardest course I have taken

By Catalina C

Aug 19, 2020

everything I expected and more

By Amber v H

May 1, 2017

Nice course, very interesting.

By Henrik J

Jan 26, 2017

Wonderfull, I loved so much

By INJILA S S

Jul 3, 2020

it was overall good course

By Miul k

Nov 25, 2020

I really loved the course

By Ganna L