Back to Introduction to Forensic Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Forensic Science by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

We have all seen forensic scientists in TV shows, but how do they really work? What is the science behind their work? The course aims to explain the scientific principles and techniques behind the work of forensic scientists and will be illustrated with numerous case studies from Singapore and around the world. Some questions which we will attempt to address include: How did forensics come about? What is the role of forensics in police work? Can these methods be used in non-criminal areas? Blood. What is it? How can traces of blood be found and used in evidence? Is DNA chemistry really so powerful? What happens (biologically and chemically) if someone tries to poison me? What happens if I try to poison myself? How can we tell how long someone has been dead? What if they have been dead for a really long time? Can a little piece of a carpet fluff, or a single hair, convict someone? Was Emperor Napoleon murdered by the perfidious British, or killed by his wallpaper? *For Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students, please be noted that this course will no longer be eligible for credit transfer....

NU

Jun 18, 2020

The training and instruction received in the course of the program were an excellent one. It exposed me to various techniques used for crime investigation. Generally, I had an awesome experience.

DR

Jul 09, 2019

This was a good course for reviewing forensic medicine. Some detail part of medicolegal aspects are insufficient but as a package, it is most essential for the expert to upgrade their knowledge.

101 - 125 of 247 Reviews for Introduction to Forensic Science

By Patricia F

Jan 18, 2017

The course was brilliant I just wish we had been given more mentor, lecturer input and when do we get to know the right answers.

By Dr T P J

May 11, 2017

Best course I had completed. Learn many modern instrumental techniques. I am fascinated by case study involving brain storming.

By IH202Y J P Z Y

This is a very fun course, can relate quite a bit to it because I like to watch dramas on topics related to forensic science!!

By Werner H

Oct 10, 2017

Well done. Great presentation style with good and representative examples. Good introduction for Forensic Science novices.

By Ankit

Sep 03, 2018

I'm having best experience ever, learning in such way great way just splendid, i would prefer this rather then classroom..

By PANAGIOTIS C

May 15, 2018

Thank you very much for a such an interesting and professional course. I learned a lot and I would surely recommend it!!!

By Fatima F B

Feb 19, 2018

It is a very interesting course! I like the way that it was explained and the answers that were given on the forus.

By Daniel K

Feb 26, 2018

A very well taught course that explains complex, but at the same time very interesting topics in forensic science.

By Marisa L

Jan 10, 2017

Extremely interesting and informative. It is an excellent option for understanding and knowing about these topics.

By Dakota T

Mar 26, 2019

I am so excited to continue! Already, this course has provided amazing articles and resources to help me learn!

By Shiz

Nov 04, 2019

Amazing!! As a beginner in Forensic science, I gathered so much knowledge. The professor is SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

By Szimona N K

Jun 29, 2020

Professor Bates is extremely engaging and informative. Loved his lectures, his class was a pleasure to take!

By Nicolas D n

Jul 02, 2020

Great Course. I enjoy it very much.

Congratulations to the teacher!!! Great way of explaining and talking

By Rachel N

Mar 26, 2018

Excellent course! Kept me interested from beginning to end. I learned an immense amount of information.

By Adel G

May 03, 2020

Solid course, though a tad on the easy side. It serves as a nice introduction to the subject indeed !

By Andrea A

Apr 28, 2020

Excelente curso. Combina la teoría con casos para evaluar las aplicaciones de cada técnica utilizada.

By Mahima S

Jan 28, 2020

I loved this course. Absolutely perfect for beginners who want understand the basics of forensics.

By Irina S

Aug 05, 2018

A very interesting course. Careful choice of material. Roderick Bates is an excellent teacher!

By Marsha J

Jun 26, 2018

Awesome course if you want an introduction to the forensic science and the labs that they use.

By Mario A G

Dec 17, 2018

Excelente estructuración del curso así como la selección de los temas. Altamente recomendable

By Devangi

It was an amazing experience to be able to do this course, Helped me learn a lot, thank you

By Sveva P

Loved this course! The material is very good, a lot of cases and the assegnments are fun!

By Anna F

I ENJOYED LEARNING THIS COURSE IT WAS INFORMATIVE AND WOULD HELP IN MY CAREER. THANK YOU

By Zarhaan K

Apr 18, 2020

Excellent course, very interesting, excellent video sessions and extremely informative.

By 徐丹妮

Feb 09, 2019

Some videos do not have Chinese subtitles……So there are some difficulties in learning.