Back to Foundations of Mindfulness

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Mindfulness by Rice University

This course provides a broad overview of the fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of mindfulness. With interactive exercises to help students explore their own attitudes, mental habits and behaviors, Foundations of Mindfulness offers a pathway for living with more freedom, authenticity and ease. Featured components of the course include experiential exercises, guided meditations, personal reflection and interactive discussions....

BR
Jan 11, 2021

Well organized course material. Many opportunities to engage with other students. Active learning throughout course. Excellent resources. Lectures are good length with meaningful content.

WR
Aug 26, 2020

In four weeks you can move from someone who has never experienced mindfulness to someone who has a solid foundation to build a transformational practice. I highly recommend this course!!

51 - 75 of 161 Reviews for Foundations of Mindfulness

By Simone L

Dec 7, 2020

This course was instrumental to opening my eyes to the difference of meditation and a mindfulness practice - some similarities, but differences too. I feel so fortunate to have come across Dr. Elizabeth Slator's course!

By ΕΡΗ Λ

Feb 15, 2021

The lecturer is simply amazing. The material and its organisation is flawless. I wish it lasted longer. I needed this course during these challenging times. I shall look for more courses with Elizabeth. She is divine!

By TyAnn S R

Feb 26, 2021

A course that is really good for you! The homework was fun and tests not hard. It was a lot of learning and inward focus and outward. My health improved while taking this course! The meditations were a gift!!!

By Orit A

Sep 2, 2020

Although I was familiar with some of the techniques used, I was made aware to many insights that were new to me. It was a good grounding space to start and deepening my relationship with mindfulness and myself.

By Grace R

Feb 24, 2021

I came to this course by mere coincidence however I completed it with a new me. A very inspiring and interesting course that I recommend to everyone. Special thanks to Dr. Slater for being such an inspiration.

By Preeti L

Feb 19, 2021

This course is amazing for everyone thinking of investing in themselves and learning how your brain impacts your life. It has helped me grow a lot and I hope it helps others do too!

By Magali C B

Sep 3, 2020

If you are scrolling through reviews to see if you should join this course, do it, it is really good and the professor gives great lectures that will engage you with the content.

By Devesh M

Apr 28, 2021

This has really put me actually on the path to mindfulness after all i have been reading all these years. I( cant thanki you deeply enough and hope you have more courses.

By Ritu D

Feb 11, 2021

Such great information and the activity challenges really helped to solidify the content of the course. Great guided meditation videos in the course.

By Sohanpreet K

May 24, 2021

This is a nice course to explore mindfulness. The material is presented in a good way and this motivates to take on activities and challenges given.

By Natalie C

Jan 4, 2021

Loved it. I look forward to learning more as I go along. The examples used in this course were easy to understand and I enjoyed her teaching style.

By Blanca T H

Sep 7, 2020

It was really nice to carry out this course. Dr.Elizabeth Slator is a great lecturer in this topic. All explanations and videos were really useful.

By Aditya h

May 15, 2021

Great Introduction to mindfulness training with guided meditations for each week. I throughly relished on the course and came out a better person

By Jaqueline G A

Jul 15, 2020

Excelente curso! Me encantó poder aprender como identificar y controlar las emociones que sentimos y poder lograr una mejor salud física y mental

By Alina V D

Feb 18, 2021

I really enjoyed this journey, I discovered how to stop judging myself soo harsh and embrace mindful breathing so that to follow my instincts.

By Nataliia H

Feb 18, 2021

The course is really useful for everybody. You will get new effective tools that will make you more resilient in this stressfull world.

By Poonam S

Sep 15, 2020

Very nice course. Thoughtfully designed mindful meditations which can be part of day to day life to bring in more mindfulness in life.

By Aida D C

Aug 10, 2020

Excellent course, great teacher and the content is very suitable. With or without expectations , beyond. Very grateful student!!!

By bindu s

Aug 23, 2020

I am very impressed with the teacher and the way of narrating all the lectures beautifully. I thankyou and hope to look forward.

By João C A

Feb 4, 2021

This course was a great opportunity to learn the basic concepts of mindfulness and to start practicing this type of meditation.

By Michael C

Mar 25, 2021

I totally enjoyed the course. It was professionally done and easy to follw. I would recommend this program to everyone.

By Meital B

Jan 4, 2021

Excellent course !!!

Excellent lecturer.

The rich and contributed to me personally and professionally.

Highly recommend !

By Lisa A

Dec 28, 2020

I learned so much in this class. Perfect for anyone wanting to find peace and well-being - which is probably everyone!

By Sherise M

Apr 27, 2021

Excellent! Informative material with challenging activities to supplement the course materials and shared resources.