Back to Foundations of Mindfulness

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Mindfulness by Rice University

This course provides a broad overview of the fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of mindfulness. With interactive exercises to help students explore their own attitudes, mental habits and behaviors, Foundations of Mindfulness offers a pathway for living with more freedom, authenticity and ease. Featured components of the course include experiential exercises, guided meditations, personal reflection and interactive discussions....

BR
Jan 11, 2021

Well organized course material. Many opportunities to engage with other students. Active learning throughout course. Excellent resources. Lectures are good length with meaningful content.

WR
Aug 26, 2020

In four weeks you can move from someone who has never experienced mindfulness to someone who has a solid foundation to build a transformational practice. I highly recommend this course!!

126 - 150 of 157 Reviews for Foundations of Mindfulness

Dec 15, 2020

Love it!

By Sambuddha K

May 31, 2021

Good

By Rocío M

Oct 7, 2020

I

By Chandrachurh G

Feb 23, 2021

In this pandemic scenario, while the world converges into my living room, it is difficult to be in control of our body and mind. More multi-tasking, more stress, degraded life-style, indiscipline and many other aspects are dragging us inch by inch to a mechanical life, where we do not care about what is going on around us or within us. We just need to achieve our tasks whether that takes us closer to our ambitions, aspirations or goals, or not.

This is a simple course which reminds us to be mindful. It reduces the fog around our senses to make reality visible; resulting in better decision making, enhanced mental health and increased care for our body.

By Danielle H

Feb 22, 2021

The course gives a good basis for mindfulness. However, you can't really ask the instructor questions. The discussion forums have too many people (as submissions to the forum are part of the course requirements), it is hard to connect well there. I tried asking a question of my own and it was completely lost in the shuffle.

Despite this, I have taken several steps towards mindfulness and I hope to continue.

By Peerawich U

Feb 10, 2021

Great course, understanding and insight are provided. Also some practical activities and guideline are available. It was a enjoyable and peaceful course.