Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

LP

Apr 9, 2022

This course inspired me, before taking this course I have been used some UX Design communities, I have worked in Adobe XD Design. This course explains the right way and UX process. I like this mentor.

NB

Mar 11, 2022

It is a great course for beginners and people transitioning to UX/UI design career from other fields. It gives you a basic knowledge and information what UX design is and how to apply it in real life.

151 - 175 of 6,419 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Jean-Paul A

Feb 6, 2022

This course has given me a solid foundation for understanding UX Design. I appreciate the inclusion of the topics that included networking, branding, and online presence to improve prospects for work. It would be easier to just focus on raw skills using different software, but taking the time to put yourself out there is just as important and in some ways can be more difficult. The push from this course was exactly what I needed. Thank You!

By NISHANT G

Jun 24, 2021

Awsome course I have learn lot of things about UX Design This course help me to understand whats is UX Design and Why it is required. It helps you know more the terms and definations in UX Field and how a UX Designer do to create a product for users. I have learned lots of definations in UX but I can't understant how I can use some of terms but I know I have understant these terms prpoerly in upcoming courses . Thankyou Google and instructors

By Megan

May 2, 2021

This first month course in the UX design series through Google has been very encouraging in my journey to becoming a UX designer. I believe that they have an insightful and welcoming approach to building a solid UX design foundation, and I am very happy to have chosen this series of courses for reaching my goals. I feel confident in moving forward to the second month, and confident in knowing that this career choice is a perfect fit for me.

By IDEAS N

Oct 18, 2021

Me gustó muchísimo. Siento que la información es de primera mano y de buena calidad, y de verdad que me motiva a seguir aprendiendo y a expandir mi universo de posibilidades. Desde pequeña supe que podía hacer cosas grandes e internacionales, después, con el pasar de la vida y la adultés un poco perdí el interés o el eje. Pero ahora me siento nuevamente en camino y de verdad creo que encontré finalmente mi lugar en el mundo. ¡Gracias!

By Samar K

May 27, 2022

User Experience Design” is often used interchangeably with terms such as “User Interface Design” and “Usability”. However, while usability and user interface (UI) design are important aspects of UX design, they are subsets of it – UX design covers a vast array of other areas, too. A UX designer is concerned with the entire process of acquiring and integrating a product, including aspects of branding, design, usability and function.

By Gil P

Mar 30, 2022

I really enjoyed my first weeks in this course! I started with some doubts about if this course model was right for me and during the lessons I realized that I was really satisfied with it. The speaker is very charismatic and well-spoken. The most difficult thing to learn was also the most interesting, how to build my portfolio and have an online presence. This first weeks were very inspiring and I will be continuing this course.

By Ewa K

Nov 30, 2021

It is a well-structured course, full of practical information. I loved the self-review parts, I also found the brief testimonials of UX designers very interesting and supportive. But what I liked the most is the design sprint part, which allowed me to have a peek into a real UX design work. I will surely recommend this course to anyone who considers taking up a new career path and want to resolve if UX design is the right one.

By Morris L

Apr 11, 2021

I can't help feel invigorated, revitalized, and just out excited after taking this intro level course. It gave me insight and taught me things in a very engaging/interacting way. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a potential career shift or even if you have the experience already just take a look and see the creative insight from others along the way to help inspire you along your own personal journey.

By Chris T

Dec 3, 2021

My experience was absolutely great!! I learned so much even though I already have year developing websites. Highly recommend for anyone getting started with UX Design. This course thought me the difference between User-Experience, End-user and User. I also learned that in UXDesign its very broad and a lot of opportunity from Visual Designer, Motion Designer, VR/AR Designer, UX Researcher, UXProgram, UXWritter, UXEngineer etc.

By Son T

May 18, 2022

The course provides a good overview of the general themes of UX as in what it entails, what you'll be tasked to do as a UX designer, where the study comes from and where it is today. You'll also learn about the different methodologies used by teams throughout the UX phases to get a product from concept to completion. Overall, the course delivers on what its title suggests - a solid foundational knowledge of the field of UX.

By PARTHASARATHI

Mar 30, 2022

this is a wonderful course to know what UX is and why it's important, what are the things UX designers do, how to make a digital precense, as for me, I am a non-English speaker, and I didn't often use English for day to day life, so my fluency level in English is not that good, even so, I can understand the contents Esaylly without much trouble. and Thank you Coursera for giving me this opportunity to enroll in this course.

By aditya s

Nov 30, 2021

Very well crafted. It is one of the best UX courses Online. Kudos to google team and Coursera for the same. It is really good and can't think of any improvement. However, I got confused initially, since the videos are already uploaded so why there is an start and end date provided for batches and due to this confusion ended up paying twice for same foundation course. That was the only issue otherwise course is good.

By Aleksandra K A

Jun 3, 2022

An easy-to-follow step-by-step course in UX design, good for beginners and anybody dreaming of a new career. It does not matter what you have been doing professionaly up until now, this course might put you on a completely new career path.

The study-as-you-go formula allows you to squeeze it into even the busiest of calendars, so no more excuses - if working in UX design is your dream, you are just one click away!

By Hansuli B

Apr 15, 2021

This course was extremely helpful in providing all the practical knowledge to establish me in the job market. Very precise and to the point. Loved the experience with the ability to download the course material for later reference Also the notes and the questionnaires were designed in a way to help me gain knowledge and not only assess me. That was very helpful. Looking forward to learning more in upcoming courses.

By Intermedia I

Dec 10, 2021

This course was very good! I have learned how to choose between three design processes: The five elements of UX Design, Design Thinking and Design Sprint. In addition, I became updated with the last UX roles, because they changed across the years. The most difficult thing to apply is the portfolio building because it takes a lot of time, but I've learned that I should freeze some time spaces each week to do that.

By Cassidy M

Dec 29, 2021

This course gave me the framework to understand a field that I had only just heard the name of and help me realize how my life and professional experience tie in to this growing field. I now have a professional website ready to feature my portfolio, professional social media accounts ready to go and a great system of knowledge to create strong dendritic connections across as I continue through this coursework.

By Nithin P

Nov 12, 2021

This foundation course is perfect for beginners who want to get an idea of the world of UX and designing. Since I was already familiar with the terms, it was quite slow-paced for me, but for an absolute beginner, this is the perfect place to start your UX life.

The best part of this course is the clarity with which the instructor talks. You never miss out on anything and everything is clearly understandable.

5/5

By Idara S

Apr 11, 2022

It was a great learning experience. Easy to understand and beginner-friendly. The inclusion of the Journey to UX design stories were very motivating and a great idea. The little quizzes in-between lessons also help remind the learner of key aspects of the lesson and ensure they are understanding. Itr has been quite the enlightening journey and can't wait to see where it takes me during the rest of the course.

By Isabel O

Feb 18, 2022

As someone that already has some basic knowlegde and experience in UX Design I though this was a complete and thorough course for any begginer. Due to personal reasons I stopped working in design for about two years and I'm now trying to work my way up again and I felt very lost, didn't really know where to begging and this really help me outline my own plan and strategy to work towards landing my first job.

By Costner H

Jan 4, 2022

I​ felt this portion was a great view into the position of UX designer. It gave you a great insight for those looking to see if this is the right path for them. It is definitely only a foundations course and I'm looking forward to moving forward and learning more. The instructor was easily relatable and understandable. I liked that they gave real-world examples using designers currently working in the field.

By Emily A L

Jul 24, 2021

Excellent, informative course if you are a new or intermediate UX designer. Effectively explains what UX design is, covers all the main terminology and tools, what design sprints are - all the important info you need to know to help get started in the world of UX design. While all of the information was useful, Week 4 was probably the most helpful due to actually helping one get started with their portfolio.

By Hernan F L

Mar 30, 2022

Thank you very much! I got plenty more than I expected. I'm truly grateful for all the learning I did during this period (I must admit I did it in 6 days). I completed every task but the networking part, which I'm planning right now, and have already made a list of people I know and have studied/worked to ask the some questions. I have a lot of plans actually. Really, thanks a lot, it's really motivated me!

By Faleke G A

Nov 27, 2021

I​ consider this a very robust introductory course to the foundations of UX design. I particularly like how everything is structured and the fact that Google has done a great job to make this course very immersive – it's almost like you are in a classroom. The reading sections are super informative. I'll put everything I've learnt in this course into use even as I proceed to the next courses in the program.

By Muhammad U M

Jul 28, 2021

Incredibly Awesome Course!!! It helps you to understand UXD, UX designer responsibilities, and learn industry best practices and methodologies, and a lot of different interesting topics that you would never even think of when it comes to UX design.

100 % recommended to anyone interested in the UX design but doesn’t know where to start from. The course is a kick-starter to start your career as a UX designer.