Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

NZ

Sep 14, 2021

It was great experience. The speakers were good designers who sharing their vision from the beginning to end. I do it just for few weeks, and I am happy to receive my certificate. Thank you, Googlers!

GP

Mar 27, 2022

First i have to tell the amount of effect and information than put in this course is great hell lot of information about UX Design. Now iam thinking that i have selected a best course offered about UX

176 - 200 of 6,471 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Hernan F L

Mar 30, 2022

Thank you very much! I got plenty more than I expected. I'm truly grateful for all the learning I did during this period (I must admit I did it in 6 days). I completed every task but the networking part, which I'm planning right now, and have already made a list of people I know and have studied/worked to ask the some questions. I have a lot of plans actually. Really, thanks a lot, it's really motivated me!

By Faleke G A

Nov 27, 2021

I​ consider this a very robust introductory course to the foundations of UX design. I particularly like how everything is structured and the fact that Google has done a great job to make this course very immersive – it's almost like you are in a classroom. The reading sections are super informative. I'll put everything I've learnt in this course into use even as I proceed to the next courses in the program.

By Muhammad U M

Jul 28, 2021

Incredibly Awesome Course!!! It helps you to understand UXD, UX designer responsibilities, and learn industry best practices and methodologies, and a lot of different interesting topics that you would never even think of when it comes to UX design.

100 % recommended to anyone interested in the UX design but doesn’t know where to start from. The course is a kick-starter to start your career as a UX designer.

By Bitf19m024-MUHAMMAD A

Feb 13, 2022

First of all thanks to Google for making such a good course available to me. I had design entusiasm before this course, but now I too have knowledge about things and roles regarding designs and designers. The best part is, in such a brief course I managed to learn a lot of things plus creating the idea for portfolio and online social media presence. Thanks Again. To google and the Respected Instructors. <3

By Václav K

Jun 6, 2021

What was good: Practice tips, tools, examples, frames, video tutorial, etc. What was not so good for me... 1) examples/comparing of "great" ux employee, Oprah, etc... i think its not so good for comparing. Becuase for ux beginners it could be somekind of demotivation. 2) Some tasks/practices was for a long time. I like more shorter task eg 15minutes max, because of planing my time for work/family/freetime.

By Yvonne

Mar 11, 2022

I appreciate having access to this introductory course and collected 30 pages of notes for Course 1: Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design. I found that some of my conversations reflected the learning that I experienced with the coursework and that my thinking was changing to frame situations around what I was learning about User Experience. I am thankful and look forward to Course 2 in this series.

By ayik

Jun 1, 2022

this is course really made me surprise because i am not just study but there are give me feedback like experience people at google and also give a advice. all of the topic, i will to apply at my life. I really recommended for a beginner UX design to take the course you never a regret. Thank Your for the mentor at the this course. See you the next or another course, thank you coursera, thank you google.

By Astha K

Nov 29, 2021

Curated by industry's best experts, the Googlers, this course is very student friendly. The course content, insights, practical cues and questionnaires are well thought through for anyone, from any past experience who is interested in UX design can achieve it easily. The mentor's way or say the language used is easy to understand. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to switch their career towards UX.

By Agnieszka K

Jan 4, 2022

This course shows you the basics of ux design very well and answers the questions that appear at the very beginning. All the most important foundations gathered in one place. It allows you to look at the topic from a wide perspective and immediately draws attention to important matters for ux designers, such as portfolio or personal brand. I will definitely come back to the notes from him. Great job!

By Kinkenat

Nov 22, 2021

I really enjoyed this first month of learning about the basics of UX design. I have so much more to learn but I have a better understanding of what UX design is and what interest me the most for a future career. I just found week 4 daunting being completely new to the world of UX design but I am sure with time I will feel more and more comfortable to network and have conversations with UX designers.

By karun s k

Jun 20, 2021

The course covers the basics of UX Design. I recommend this to anybody starting out in UX. It has definetly helped me understand UX in depth. It's mostly for beginners. The tutor does an excellent job in teaching the concepts clearly and efficiently. Writing down the notes they give you really buries down all the knowledge into your head and you can easily go back to your notes for future reference.

By Tina M

Jun 6, 2021

I loved the course. Even I've been going through another UX Design specialization course this one is the right one for everyone who is willing to change its own carrier path, willing to get to know what UX Design in fact means, and to try to visualize yourself in the field. This first course of the specliazation is, from the mine point of view, more like a broadcasted mentorship. God thanks to that!

By Anjana F

Oct 8, 2021

A powerful course. Covers every necessary aspect of "Introduction to UX Design" allowing you to stay focused, structured and engaged.

Great lecturing - lectures make sure to deliver a great structured content while being engaging with you. And they always ALWAYS motivates you to achieve our goals.

Community engagement is a great way to establish new relationship with people who are in the same field.

By Agata T

Dec 26, 2021

Very good course for begginers! With appropriate approach to the problem of UX Designer work, i fell good prepered to make next steps to become UX Designer. Thank you about part about creating my personal brand at the beggining of this course. I think it is very important to create something from the beginning of my journey, to not stop in the point of thinking that i still have nothing to show ;)

By Emma L

May 7, 2021

I really love this course! All the instructors and Googler's speed are amazing and touching, also easy to understand. I have to say Google did a really good job in terms of user experience, and my goal of learning this course is to work with Google after I graduated. This is my biggest dream now! The most important thing is I believe in myself, especially after learning this course! Love Google!❤️

By Debobroto C

Apr 28, 2021

A Journey by UX. This will be my story of learning user experince. I wanted to be a change-maker, deliversome good value to my society.

So I started to search, how can I design experiences that makes people's life simple and better. I took a lot of courses but Google UX Design is the best for me. I feel Google's work's always touche on user-centered design. Happy UX learning joureny with google.

By Mohammed S

Feb 6, 2022

One of the most coolest courses I have taken , Maybe beacuse of my interest and curiousity in the subject but also with superb instructors who are focusing not only in providing knowledge but also in dealing with real life issues like Imposter syndrome which is some of the dark phases in one's life.

Thankyou Google and the team behind this course for curating this course in such a superb manner.

By Zeeshan N

Nov 19, 2021

This course is very interesting and has a very deep knowledge about UX Design. The instructors are good in communication and have updated knowledge. A very structures course with amazing content mix of Videos, reading materials, quizzes and assignments. After completing this course now I have enough knowledge of UI/UX Design strategies, different roles and career path in the filed of UX Design.

By Yurany A T

Aug 19, 2021

Es un curso excelente, tiene los fundamentos de UX e incluye muchos elementos que te ayudan a fortalecer el conocimiento, abarca gran parte del trabajo en tecnología e incluye una parte excelente sobre el sindrome del impostor que te ensena mucho. Soy de Colombia y no tengo gran experiencia con el inglés pero aún así con los subtitulos en inglés logré entender todo lo que se trataba en el curso

By Jen N

Mar 21, 2022

As someone who is neurodiverse, coming into this course, I had no idea what to expect. I was worried it would be hard to follow- but that was so far from the case. This course is interesting (it held my teensy ADHD induced attention span really well!), easy to follow yet still high educational. I found it so interesting to hear just how much User Experience Design effects everything around us.

By anjika g

May 22, 2021

This course is a life changer. I have learned so much about UX design in just a few day that I don't think it would have been possible otherwise. the fact that it is a self paced course makes it even better as one doesn't have to wait for the next lecture to be released. I cant wait to start the second course. thank you Google and all the instructors for making this knowledge available to us.

By Mohit G

Dec 12, 2021

One Of The Best Courses In The It Field I This Course You Will Learn Different Things If You Don't Know Any Thing About UX Design No Worry They Will Teach Your Every Thing The Best Course I Ever Had it Covers Activity, Tests, Experience Sharing And Many Things. Just The Thing You To Know For Learning This Course Is Just Know How To Use Computer That's It. Rest Everything They Will Teach You.

By Christy S

Jul 15, 2021

I really enjoyed taking this! I had been feeling pretty lost in going for an associates in graphic design. I'm still studying it at a community college, but I didn't feel any motivation or even know what I was wanting to do. After taking this, I feel inspired to learn more about the UX design field. I know that with learning this and graphic design, I'll have some good skills under my belt!

By Nazanin p

Jun 22, 2021

For me, it was a great start. Now I know what the process is and what's going on in the UX. Last day I answered some questions of a senior UX designer about User research and designing for different platforms, and that was cool. The process was fluent and full of empathy and learning. Special thanks to google and Coursera. I just can't wait to start the next course with google's great team.

By AJIT B

Apr 4, 2022

​The course structure was easy for any new aspirant who wishes to enter the field of user experience design. The course covered the foundation and also prepared us for the multi layered strategy for transforming this educational experience into a career Opportunity. I wish all the aspirants a good luck and hope their goals are accomplished as this course offers a right amount of guidance.