Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

NB

Mar 11, 2022

It is a great course for beginners and people transitioning to UX/UI design career from other fields. It gives you a basic knowledge and information what UX design is and how to apply it in real life.

GP

Mar 27, 2022

First i have to tell the amount of effect and information than put in this course is great hell lot of information about UX Design. Now iam thinking that i have selected a best course offered about UX

5726 - 5750 of 6,350 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Sophie B

Jun 8, 2021

Really good intro. I found the last week a bit pointless, but maybe that's because I'm not new to the workforce or portfolio-based work.

By Aishat B

Oct 8, 2021

It was detailed and applicable at work. I can easily adapt it to what I currently do as a marketing communication expert outside UI/UX.

By yash s

Oct 19, 2021

By Experiencing this course I learn what is a good start for something to Learn and How form a robust foundation for my future skyline

By Akash P

Apr 12, 2021

I learnt most about UX designing process. I like mentors in the course.. they explained the process of UX & about the sprint clearly..

By Alvin G

Jun 8, 2022

A good course overall, I did notice that there is a bit of information that I thought was quite obvious to be in a course like this.

By Anil C

Jun 11, 2021

An excellent course that holds the hand of a novice and a veteran with empathy. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking at UX.

By Andrea Z A

Dec 16, 2021

Some of thecontentis repeated too much, and it'snot necessarytounderstandtheconcept.But therestisreallygoodtogetthebasesofuxdesign.

By Francis R

Apr 8, 2022

I feel like covering the basics of UX design should take less time. I didn't get a chance to practice much of what I have learned.

By Evelyn O

Jan 17, 2022

Got to start my personal portfolio which i wasn't expecting but I am super excited about the next stage in becoming a UX designer!

By Keshav R

Jun 12, 2022

Its too intresting to mee and my exicitement level is also high that im achieving my goals slowly slowly big thanks to coursera!

By Kyle K

Mar 10, 2022

Having more knowledge on when the learning will progress in to the actual UI design like in Figma, Adobe XD, etc would be lovely.

By carolyn r

Dec 7, 2021

I feel like the in depth information about networking/building an online presence should be placed towards the end of the course.

By Ashley Z

Oct 26, 2021

Course was very informative and enjoyed the personal experiences shared by actual employees from Google, made it more personable.

By John B

Jun 5, 2022

Easy to understand and very easy to plan out. I had to speed up the videos personally but the closed captions were very helpful

By Diego B

Jan 5, 2022

Very theoretical course, explains the basics well, we will see the following how they evolve and combine theory with practice.

By Ekansh G

Sep 21, 2021

I wish I would have known about imposter syndrome before as I regularly go through face. Nicely planned and very knowledgeable

By Obiajulu N

Apr 28, 2022

Great teaching. they simplified everything to make it easy to understand, yet covering the major scop of UX design principles

By Kristina Y

Mar 2, 2022

I wished it focused more on UX itself and the career portions (portfolio, networking, etc.) was split into a separate course.

By Victoria B

Mar 26, 2021

This course was very beginner-friendly. As a UX Design novice, I found the information to be easily presented and understood.

By Marcia A

May 14, 2022

Completo pero sin subtìtulos en español, los conceptos nuevos son difíciles de aprender para mi, pero lo pude hacer. Gracias

By Gokul V

Nov 7, 2021

I wish there was some more help in creating the portfolio. Or may be ask students to build one sometime later in the course.

By Amrit R

May 25, 2022

Very knowledgeble and the way of sharing knowledge by mentors was superb. I learned a lot and cleared all by basics. Thanks

By Shiza A

Sep 26, 2021

It cleared my doubts about UX design that I had earlier. I am looking forward to give back to the community. Thanks Google!

By Bagus A W

Jul 4, 2021

A good course and highly recommended for those who want a career in UI/UX, as this course is very comprehensive and useful.

By harshad p

May 26, 2021

This course is structured in a very beautiful and simple way that anyone can learn UX basic skills in short time of period.