Back to Principles of fMRI 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of fMRI 1 by Johns Hopkins University

This course covers the design, acquisition, and analysis of Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) data. A book related to the class can be found here: https://leanpub.com/principlesoffmri...

JB

Jan 10, 2019

It is really easy going and interesting course. With good explanations that keep you on track easily. I really liked it since the begging and it gave me curiosity to undertake the second one

AM

Sep 20, 2017

A very good introduction, but you would need some decent knowledge in statistics to fully understand the methods part. Standard undergrad psychology courses in statistics should be enough.

51 - 75 of 96 Reviews for Principles of fMRI 1

Jun 11, 2017

b

By Sam W

Feb 28, 2017

This is a great course to have available. However, I do think that in order to truly grasp many of the concepts, you need to either have a good baseline statistical background (ie, more than one college stats course), or be willing to spend a lot more time looking up many of the concepts (though many can only be found referenced in papers). For those who are engaged in applied statistics/signal processing, this would probably be fine. The course was very interesting, but I do wish they spent a bit more time breaking down the statistical measures and more examples/figures/analogies to make the course overall more coherent, and encourage a deeper understanding from a big picture perspective. It would be helpful if they had optional supplementary videos that dive deeper into the stats for those who could use it.

By Vladimir M C O

Oct 04, 2016

The language is clear. The video edition is fine. The mathematical parts were illustrated fantastically. In my case , practice made master, meaning that I saw the videos several times and searched on wikipedia and googled words a few times. Maybe some ideas would've been better understood if it had been included the use of a special software such as AFNI or SPM, that's why I didn't give the five stars to the course.

By Elaheh S

May 16, 2018

Thank you for the course. If I want to correctly rate it, is somewhere between 3 and 4. I think the chosen topics were very good. The slides and examples were very good too. However, as I am a medical doctor the mathematical point of view and the rate of the speech in that parts were a little bit confusing for me.

By Elisabeth H

Feb 05, 2019

The course is well structured and provides very detailed information, but it's also very fast-paced, which now and then makes it difficult to follow (especially for non-native speakers). Also, a lot of statistical knowledge is required.

By Pedro O

Nov 18, 2016

Some of the mathematical models and statistical models were hard to understand had I not taken mathematical and statistical classes on my masters. I really appreciated the slides for each individual modules; it made it easier to follow.

By Mohammad A

Nov 16, 2016

Statistics should definitely be a pre-requisite for this course. I study clinical pharmacology and my knowledge of stat was limited to mean, median and mode and standard deviation haha. good course though for whoever studied statistics.

By merin m

Nov 01, 2017

This course was really useful for me. The faculties gave a basis for fMRI. As the course progressed to 4th week it became little hard to digest because of more technical terms.

By Jolane A

Aug 31, 2019

Heavier on the statistics than I expected, but that's not a bad thing. A sort of wake-up call that I need to brush up on my biostatistics background.

By Maria A C

Jun 18, 2019

It should touch with more deeply and wirh more details the maths under the data analytics. I finished the course feeling many things have been missed

By Guillermo P

Dec 20, 2016

In general terms the course is very good. It would be great if they could include at least one real example of each statistic method presented.

By Young I C

Jun 22, 2019

Great free resource for beginning fmri researcher. However, you will need a lot more extra study/resources to understand the topics.

By Jérémy W

Mar 13, 2017

It goes a bit too much into the details sometimes. Personal researches are sometimes required to understand what is explained.

By Asli E

Dec 23, 2019

I wish this course had a bit more of a practical reasoning that explains us the concrete steps to take when analysing data

By Daniel G

Mar 21, 2018

Solid introductory course on fMRI, but some kind of interactive assignments and discussions might be useful.

By Eduard V

Oct 14, 2018

it does not incorporate a lot fo background information and the information is too succinct