Back to Fundamentals of Network Communication

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Network Communication by University of Colorado System

In this course, we trace the evolution of networks and identify the key concepts and functions that form the basis for layered architecture. We introduce examples of protocols and services that are familiar to the students, and we explain how these services are supported by networks. Further, we explain fundamental concepts in digital communication, and focus on error control techniques that include parity check, polynomial code, and Internet checksum. Students will be required to have some previous programming experience in C-programming (C++/Java), some fundamental knowledge of computer organization and IT architecture and a background in computer science is a plus....

VP

Nov 08, 2019

I learned many things from this course thanks for coursera ....\n\nunderstanding students who cann't with money providing free financial aid...\n\nthank you so much..

AO

Jul 13, 2019

This course helped me build foundation of computer communication. In the end, I feel like I had fun with interesting contents and assignments questions.

51 - 66 of 66 Reviews for Fundamentals of Network Communication

By Andrew T

Jan 09, 2018

Covers the basics well, but has some minor issues with clarity and errors in the material.

By Naveen C

Apr 15, 2018

The course is too rudimentary. Good a for someone who is completely new to networking.

By sachin s c

Sep 05, 2019

good stuff !

I have enjoyed the course

By Jun Z

Apr 14, 2018

The exercises and quizzes are good!

By Chirag M

Apr 02, 2018

Quite basic

By kamanaboyina n

Jan 23, 2020

good

By Pranai R

Apr 04, 2018

Good

By Lars D

Feb 07, 2020

The learning material is comprehensive and provides a good introduction in network communication.

However, the course quizzes contain some faults which causes lot of confusion. Sadly, the instructor and teaching staff do not respond to any questions in the discussion forums. Instead, these forums are spammed with the same topic over and over again.

By Gurmukh S

Nov 26, 2019

content is great but is not for complete beginners to networking. I had to refer a lot of material outside this course to fully understand the concepts. Nevertheless, I did learnt quite a lot about computer networks while doing this course and watching some videos on youtube.

By Julian M R

Sep 05, 2018

Good presentations - the examples could be more fleshed out and I would prefer longer videos with more time spent explaining the content of the slide. A good introductory course though!

By Vishal G

Mar 10, 2018

The course content is really good for the beginners.

The explanation for the concepts is not really great.

By chen x

Jan 07, 2018

Hope the professor not only just read the PPT, but provide more detailed explanations of the concept.

By Finn Z

Mar 12, 2018

need too much time after school

By Sheikh S A

Aug 25, 2019

Better details and more materials will be more helpful. Poor slides.

By Anton G

Jun 16, 2019

I barely understand the lecturer, Information provided is not enough to answer all quiz questions (especially of the final one). I believe this course is useless for a beginner. Providing links to RFC and referring to some pages of Tanenbaum's "Computer networks" is unacceptable in a course (at least as a main source of information): I would never sign up for this course if I knew it is just provides me information on what to read. I can google it after all.

By Nelli B

Mar 17, 2020

the information presented in the lectures is completely inadequate and does not explain the subject.