Back to Fundamentals of Network Communication

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Network Communication by University of Colorado System

In this course, we trace the evolution of networks and identify the key concepts and functions that form the basis for layered architecture. We introduce examples of protocols and services that are familiar to the students, and we explain how these services are supported by networks. Further, we explain fundamental concepts in digital communication, and focus on error control techniques that include parity check, polynomial code, and Internet checksum. Students will be required to have some previous programming experience in C-programming (C++/Java), some fundamental knowledge of computer organization and IT architecture and a background in computer science is a plus....

AS

Jun 28, 2020

It is a good course to cover the basics computer networking. It is simple and the workload is less. Try to go through other sources simultaneously to get in-depth knowledge on the topic.

A

Aug 16, 2020

It was a very good start in Network communication.

The lectures, quizzes, and materials are designed in a very good manner to reach the end of the course with the needed fundamentals.

376 - 389 of 389 Reviews for Fundamentals of Network Communication

By Gurmukh S

Nov 26, 2019

content is great but is not for complete beginners to networking. I had to refer a lot of material outside this course to fully understand the concepts. Nevertheless, I did learnt quite a lot about computer networks while doing this course and watching some videos on youtube.

By Julian M R

Sep 5, 2018

Good presentations - the examples could be more fleshed out and I would prefer longer videos with more time spent explaining the content of the slide. A good introductory course though!

By Lev D G

Apr 22, 2022

assignments are not steamlined (a lot of typos and miswritten formulas), the lectures are difficult to follow. The material is cool though. No support from the TAs

By Paul B

Apr 16, 2021

There is value in the course, but errors and lack of maintenance make it mediocre. Participation in the forums and discussions was low when I did this course.

By YOG R D

Aug 27, 2020

The accent of speaker is bad, very difficult to understand what he is talking about...

But content is very good🤘🤙

By Mohammad I

Aug 11, 2020

pronunciation is not so good

By Pham V T P (

Sep 26, 2021

nh cai dau buoi bo may vay

By Suryaveer S

Sep 8, 2020

lack of clarity

By Nathan W

Sep 9, 2020

Honestly, I'm rather disappointing in this course. For starters, this course going from very simple and giving some really very basic information about networking protocols and the OSI model layers. To extremely complex mathematics as If I'm doing a super hard University degree. Not to mention the instructor unfortunately can't pronounce English clearly, making it a terrible listening experience. I honestly didn't learn much and I'd say to go do a better course. Personally I recommend Googles IT Specialisation courses.

By Meng F J

Aug 27, 2020

It tries to cover too many content within too little time. Not enough explanation of the content but simply reading through the slides.

By oussama j

Nov 29, 2020

I have understand a lot of things by this course, thank you

By Hasan E Ş

Mar 16, 2022

very poor and unorganized course content.

By tungpth

Oct 26, 2020

Not teaching just slides reading.

By Hongyi L