Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

151 - 175 of 2,218 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Dan E

Jan 08, 2020

I have been working in designing and mostly learning on my own, I always wanted to study graphic design but never really have the opportunity, I really liked the course and everything that it coveredt, it helped me to understand the basic theory behind the design and Im looking forward to take the second course.

By Pratik R K

Jun 21, 2020

Great way to start learning about Graphic Designing if you are a beginner or even have any level of experience in this field. This course covers all the basics which will serve as a great foundation for your future endeavour in this field. I highly recommend you all to join and take the most out of this course.

By Tripti S

Oct 09, 2018

Amazing Course, such great insight and yet so simple. When I took this course I knew only the words Graphic Design and that I have to know a few creative suite softwares to learn graphic design. But this course has cleared my thoughs on the subject.

A must taka course for any one wanting to learn graphic design

By Akshaya

Jun 01, 2020

I had a lot of fun learning basic Design Thinking, how to approach Design, Typography, Basics of Image Making and how to ideate and visualise different shapes and forms. I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to unlearn what they know about design or art and learn a brand new way of thinking.

By Laura A J

Jul 25, 2018

i highly recommend this course for those who want to start their journey in Graphic Design and they don't know how to start. i love how the tutor tries to encourage us to experiment and try something new and not to be afraid of that. the assignments were fun and useful i am very glad for taking this course.

By Olga P

Dec 14, 2019

An excellent class that teaches you the basics of graphic design!!! Very thorough videos and exercises that get your creative mind evolving! The exercises are very fun to complete as the videos give you all the instructions needed to complete them. You will learn form, typography composition and much more!

By Lorna W

May 30, 2017

Really enjoyable course that was really easy to follow. The videos are great for visual learners, with transcripts that help with note taking, and the practical assignments help you learn by doing. Would definitely recommend as a starting point for anyone wanting to get into the graphic design industry!

By Eduardo G

May 16, 2020

Very well structured, lessons were clear, concise and very engaging and interesting. You build up on the assignments little by little but the concepts are powerful I recomment doing all the optional assignments since they are very fun to make and you learn and practice a lot. Thank you for this course.

By Nikola J

Aug 28, 2018

Being a self-learner in graphic design (photoshop, illustrator and so on) for more than a year, this course provided me with the necessary knowledge of design fundamentals, which I was lacking before. I am more confident to experiment and to think about my work from the theoretical perspective as well.

By Steven C

I found this course really useful for learning the basics of graphics design. The assignments helped me to think deeply about many of the design elements, e.g. typography, shapes, colors, textures & composition, which I don't usually do. It has given me a better understanding & appreciation of design.

By Jenny R R

I learned from zero this course. I am glad that at the end I got at least a piece of knowledge in Design. This is definitely my first motivation to keep going deeper into this wonderful world of Design. congratulations to Michael Worthington to be a nice and very clear in his videos, I learned a lot.

By Tracy B

Apr 27, 2017

Really enjoyed this course - very glad I saw it through to the end. Got a bit discouraged around week 3 because I don't have any experience with Illustrator or Photoshop yet, so I couldn't do those optional assignments. That's just a heads-up though, not a complaint. Would fully recommend the course.

By Mwa H L

Jan 26, 2016

Not so long ago i decided that I no longer wanted to practice the art of graphic design hazily since i was self taught. I wanted to know everything about it and this course has been quite helpful. For once i can now speak fluently about the fundamentals of graphic design. Thanks to the Coursera team.

By Archie

Jan 31, 2020

Excellent graphic design course. It has the perfect balance of content and the way it tests you is very effective and memorable. The way it is structured makes it an ideal starting point for any graphic designer, whether they already have some design experience, or if they are starting from scratch.

By Stephen M F

Jun 30, 2020

The peer reviews are great to take advantage of and you should definitely do the optional assignments that way you will learn the most. In some ways I don't think they should be optional and make sure to get your assignments in as early as possible otherwise you may be waiting a while for a grade.

By Nikoletta

Jul 19, 2018

Love the course, it was amazing, I think that starting at the fundamentals even if you have some experience, or are self-taught or talented is a must, you just learn the most obvious thing that you forgot while trying to make your designs better.

I learn so much, and I recommend this one to all.

By Megumi N S

May 02, 2020

Disfruté mucho del curso. Fue muy didáctico y pude entender mucho de los conceptos básicos de diseño. Sugeriría que puedan ser un poco más específicos en las tareas y comentar que es algo muy sencillo puesto que muchas cosas se pierden en la interpretación. Muchas gracias por todo el esfuerzo.

By Veena V

May 09, 2016

This course is excellent. Being very informative and fun, it is a great introduction to the design process. All of the assignments are well thought out and are very interesting. This course provides a lot of scope for learning and discovery of new techniques for image making and composition.

By Chirag R J

Aug 26, 2018

This was one of the most fantastic course since I got the basics of not only art but also contemporary designs. Visual Literacy and how forms, contrast, typography works and the most important aspect to think like a viewer or the viewer's perspective. I recommend this course to all my friends

By Valentina T

Mar 20, 2016

The course was exactly what I expected. Professor Worthington made the videos quite interesting and was always to the point. The assignments were also interesting and not too much time-consuming. I'm happy I took the specialisation and I hope that the rest of the courses are as satisfying.

By Tomas W

Feb 27, 2020

A super interesting and engaging entrance into the world of graphic design. I took this at the same time as the Shaw Academy Graphic Design program. Comparing this to Shaw Academy was night and day. This course did everything right, and I dropped out of Shaw Academy. Highly recommend.

By Thiago A L

Jul 03, 2019

The course Fundamentals of Graphic Design is excellent! I learned a lot and practiced a lot with the exercises. It is an excellent base for anyone who is starting out in professional design and for professionals who already work in this market and need to recycle their knowledge. Thank´s!

By Tereza M

May 09, 2018

The course is very well constructed. The videos are great, the assignments push you to experience what you learn, and peers reviews give you the feedback. It teaches me a lot, and especially it makes me look at common things as a graphic designer and boost my creativity. All I wished for.

By Tea G

Feb 10, 2016

It is a really good course, but it is designed for complete beginers. I took it as a review of fundamentals and didn't learn nothing new, but I didn't have those expectations. I just wanted a pure review of things I already know. It was fun and maybe a bit too easy - even for beginers. :)

By Ada F

Nov 26, 2019

I believe this was a great course. I think as with many classes, you get out of it what you put into it. If you practice and complete even the optional assignments you will have a great foundation or jumping off point for your education in graphic design. I really enjoyed this course.