Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

201 - 225 of 2,493 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Greeshma G N

Jul 10, 2020

It was really amazing to learn from this course. Got to learn something new and many interesting facts about designs in a broader perspective. Would surely recommend this course to someone who needs to build a base in Graphic Design before practically getting into the field.

By Tae W C

Feb 12, 2016

Great course for anyone!

Excellent learning and hands-on for those in any field and creative interests, also non graphic/visual designer like me. Lessons inspired me and helped applying to other projects I am working on by stimulating creative thinking and ways to experiment.

By khadiga e b

Feb 10, 2016

wonderful course, very helpful with basic knowledge of graphic design usage of elements and forms and terminologies. Thank you, the videos were very helpful and very insightful and easy to follow. I'd so love to carry on taking more courses that can help broaden my knowledge

By Rahul b

Jun 07, 2020

This course was easy yet very helpful building the basics of my skills, Thanks to Coursera to provide such platform to develop our skills with so much of ease & convenience. This course was very easy to understand cuz of such an organized interface & great interface. thanks

By Julie W

Mar 24, 2020

I appreciated the bite-sized video lengths, which made it easy to pop in and out of the content to handle life. Excellent audio and production, and fun, engaging assignments and I look forward to working through the remaining courses in this specialization. Would recommend!

By OSIGBESAN T

Sep 13, 2019

I was so surprised at how much I didn't know. I really appreciate the design process. I always looked forward to learning new things and also loved rating people's assignments too. It was indeed eye opening. Looking forward to what the next course has to offer. Thanks guys.

By Rhea R

May 05, 2020

This course was excellent. The instructor presented the information in a way that was accessible to both novices and experienced designers. Each project built upon the previous one, and by the end of the course I felt that I had retained knowledge and developed new skills.

By Azmina A

Jul 26, 2020

I have enjoyed this course and learned various aspects of graphic design. I look forward to the next course. This was an amazing course and I would recommend it to all who would like to pursue a career in this field and as well those who have an interest in arts as I do.

By Simran K

Jul 15, 2018

I absolutely loved this course! With the use of examples, quizzes and assignments I was able to understand and practice what I learnt. This course taught me a lot about how you can employ simple, small tactics to make a piece of art more sound and aesthetically pleasing.

By Bria C M

Feb 22, 2016

Very clear and not too complicated! I really appreciate how Michael Worthington gave us the history behind each term to give us an in depth understanding of how it functions. This lesson was very thorough and I will definitely apply everything I've learned to my designs.

By Norman K

The instructors are very clear in their communication. The use of videos, quizzes, and assignments goes a long way in ensuring that the message gets home. The practicality of the course makes it exciting in a good way and every lesson is always one to look forward to.

By Rose G

Jun 28, 2019

Watching the videos helped a lot to understand the fundamentals of graphic design, I really enjoyed doing all the assignments. I recommend to do the optional assignments as well. Looking forward to the next course! Great program to learn the very basics, thank you :)

By Rossy G

Dec 29, 2015

Love the course and the teacher was awesome, I am college graduate in Advertising and Graphic Design and happy to say I learned new things, as well as new ways to see composition and every other aspect of graphic design. Thank you a lot for this and keep them coming!

By Ludwig L

Jun 07, 2019

Awesome course to gather the basics of design. I am so glad I learned these skills because it will help me to grow and change my actual situation: living in Venezuela. Calart Instute and Coursera gave me a chance to survive Socialism. For that, I am plenty thankful!

By Цыгунова М М

Apr 09, 2018

Very thorough, yet totally comprehensible. Discusses and explains the fundamentals step by step, opening a whole lot of possibilities for broadening the skills and gaining new ones. I'll definitely take up the other parts of Graphic Design specialisation by CALARTS!

By Nimmy C

Jul 04, 2020

The course... Yes it was a very informative and interesting session with wonderful drawing/hands on assignments..... I like this course. Being an electrical engineer it was a new experience and a new opportunity to learn this course. Thank you the coursera team. 👍

By David R

Jun 01, 2020

Perfect for those of us who need an introduction to the basic principles behind graphic design. I'm a writer and know next to nothing about how my work gets laid out and included in the composition of modern graphics. This course put it all into perspective for me.

By Druzhkov K

Mar 23, 2016

I enjoyed the course a lot! The information was well-structured and clear. There was great emphasis on practice that helped to understand the given material on a deeper level. Receiving feedback from students and analyzing the works of others was also wery helpful.

By Sandra B

I really enjoyed every week, and the different assignments. The professor, his instructions were clear, concise and easy to understand! I would love that the forums were more easy to participate and follow the comments, overall this class exceeded my expectations!

By Alice S

Jul 04, 2018

It isn't rocket science, but this course gave me an opportunity to ponder design, to start seeing patterns EVERYWHERE, and exposed me to student work that helped me understand concepts. My advice is to peer grade as many projects as you can. You will learn a lot!

By Ilyes S H

Dec 17, 2015

Great course, I had a lot of Graphic Design courses recently and this is the best , it's the best approach to learn Graphic Design and be a designer too, not like other courses just reading theories as a story without knowing even how to make a step in the field.

By Stephanie M

Jul 03, 2017

This was a very interactive course. I loved that it combined practical applications of the coursework with peer graded assignments. The process of both receiving and providing feedback to classmates is very helpful in improving your work throughout the course.

By Juachi O

Aug 03, 2017

I have an Architecture background and have done Graphic Design work on the side. It was nice to properly learn about the concepts I use intuitively and learn to apply them intentionally.

This is a really well paced program and I enjoyed the assignments as well.

By Praneetha k

I'm really satisfied with the course and learned the basic fundamentals . But instead of option peer assignments if you make it required then that would work effectively on students.... as they will try to learn something new , work on it , and get experience.

By nivedita p

I have learned a lot through this course. Some people might find it a very basic course but to anaive like me it helped a lot. Assignments and peer review process was also very good and it was really a fun to submit assignments. I would recommend this course.