Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

201 - 225 of 2,290 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Rose G

Jun 28, 2019

Watching the videos helped a lot to understand the fundamentals of graphic design, I really enjoyed doing all the assignments. I recommend to do the optional assignments as well. Looking forward to the next course! Great program to learn the very basics, thank you :)

By Rossy G

Dec 29, 2015

Love the course and the teacher was awesome, I am college graduate in Advertising and Graphic Design and happy to say I learned new things, as well as new ways to see composition and every other aspect of graphic design. Thank you a lot for this and keep them coming!

By Ludwig L

Jun 07, 2019

Awesome course to gather the basics of design. I am so glad I learned these skills because it will help me to grow and change my actual situation: living in Venezuela. Calart Instute and Coursera gave me a chance to survive Socialism. For that, I am plenty thankful!

By Цыгунова М М

Apr 09, 2018

Very thorough, yet totally comprehensible. Discusses and explains the fundamentals step by step, opening a whole lot of possibilities for broadening the skills and gaining new ones. I'll definitely take up the other parts of Graphic Design specialisation by CALARTS!

By Nimmy C

Jul 04, 2020

The course... Yes it was a very informative and interesting session with wonderful drawing/hands on assignments..... I like this course. Being an electrical engineer it was a new experience and a new opportunity to learn this course. Thank you the coursera team. 👍

By David R

Jun 01, 2020

Perfect for those of us who need an introduction to the basic principles behind graphic design. I'm a writer and know next to nothing about how my work gets laid out and included in the composition of modern graphics. This course put it all into perspective for me.

By Druzhkov K

Mar 23, 2016

I enjoyed the course a lot! The information was well-structured and clear. There was great emphasis on practice that helped to understand the given material on a deeper level. Receiving feedback from students and analyzing the works of others was also wery helpful.

By Sandra b

I really enjoyed every week, and the different assignments. The professor, his instructions were clear, concise and easy to understand! I would love that the forums were more easy to participate and follow the comments, overall this class exceeded my expectations!

By Alice S

Jul 04, 2018

It isn't rocket science, but this course gave me an opportunity to ponder design, to start seeing patterns EVERYWHERE, and exposed me to student work that helped me understand concepts. My advice is to peer grade as many projects as you can. You will learn a lot!

By Ilyes S H

Dec 17, 2015

Great course, I had a lot of Graphic Design courses recently and this is the best , it's the best approach to learn Graphic Design and be a designer too, not like other courses just reading theories as a story without knowing even how to make a step in the field.

By Stephanie M

Jul 03, 2017

This was a very interactive course. I loved that it combined practical applications of the coursework with peer graded assignments. The process of both receiving and providing feedback to classmates is very helpful in improving your work throughout the course.

By Juachi O

Aug 03, 2017

I have an Architecture background and have done Graphic Design work on the side. It was nice to properly learn about the concepts I use intuitively and learn to apply them intentionally.

This is a really well paced program and I enjoyed the assignments as well.

By Praneetha k

I'm really satisfied with the course and learned the basic fundamentals . But instead of option peer assignments if you make it required then that would work effectively on students.... as they will try to learn something new , work on it , and get experience.

By Nivedita P

I have learned a lot through this course. Some people might find it a very basic course but to anaive like me it helped a lot. Assignments and peer review process was also very good and it was really a fun to submit assignments. I would recommend this course.

By Viktoriya F

Feb 23, 2020

I enjoyed video lectures very much. Interesting practical assignments, useful forum, helpful staff and mentors.

After course I have much better understanding how principles of graphic design working, how to use color wheel and typography in more efficient way.

By Seungeun L

Feb 03, 2020

I really liked the course, it motivates you to start from the very fundamentals which is a great way to strengthen your overall graphic skills. The courses are simple and informative and I would continue to take other courses as well within the specialization.

By Selby C

Jan 24, 2017

This course really demystified graphic design, and taught me some basics so I feel like I'm not completely lost anymore when I make or design things. The videos are really well produced and easy to follow, and I learned a lot from the assignments and projects.

By 程若茜

Oct 20, 2017

I really enjoy this course. It not only talks a lot practical techniques about graphic design, but allows me a lot of chances to creat my own artworks. I enjoy the processing of doing hands-on tasks. I am very motivated and encouraged during the whole course.

By Tina M

Jul 20, 2017

This course deftly forms the necessary base in Graphic Design study - I especially appreciated that it begins with the practice of making images using different media. The core concepts are well presented and the exercises actually help reinforce the lessons.

By Oluwasola M

Nov 17, 2015

Learnt a lot more about the design process so far in the week two of the course. Experimentation is constantly encourage during the classes and course exercise, i believe its an essential process every designer should embrace to communicate ideas effectively.

By Julie T

Jun 17, 2020

This course provided a good understanding of the basics of graphic design elements. The videos were interesting and made the concepts easy to understand. The assignments helped to reinforce the ideas presented and gave practical application for techniques.

By Jessica R

Apr 06, 2020

I started this course knowing absolutely nothing about graphic design. I now feel a lot more knowlegable of how graphic design works and how I can successly use it in a career. I highly recommend to all those that are interested in pursuing graphic design.

By Nikita K

Feb 06, 2016

It's great that the course has a lot of practical assignments! Also it is very important to get feedback on your work from other people that have interest in this field. It's good to learn what works and what doesn't and why. Very useful for me! Thank you!

By Lin Z

Aug 30, 2017

A rigorous introduction course, with many optional peer-graded assignments for further practice. I would highly recommend doing all of the optional exercises because they really help you understand and think further about the concepts taught in the video.

By Rafaela M G

Jun 01, 2017

I really loved this couse! It fit perfectly with what I wanted, both in terms of practicality, the way it is taught, the wealth of information and the possibilities of work to train the different skills, make this course very special, it was very worth it