Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

226 - 250 of 1,584 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Arwa A

Jan 13, 2018

Everything is really amazing, from the first week to last. i wish i had more time to complete the optional assignments.

if there is one thing.. i think the last required assignment was too simple.

Thank you.

By Indra L V

Jan 05, 2017

Este curso me ha ayudado a desarrollar mis habilidades en diseño gráfico. La brecha del idioma no ha sido una limitante y me ayudó a descubrir que me encanta el diseño gráfico. Agradezco a los instructores.

By Balajied S

Jan 24, 2016

This course will open your mind to graphic design to a whole new level. It will make you "think design'. Highly recommend it. The assignments are well thought out too. You will learn-if thats what you want.

By L. C

Nov 18, 2019

Great basic course! Information is presented systematically and tightly. There is no superfluous information and empty talk, all about the case. The materials are clear, interesting. Thanks to the mentors!

By Isaac B

Jun 09, 2017

Loved this course. It's so well structured and as a filmmaker I found this a really good primer to quickly getting up to speed on graphic design concepts that can be easily applied to multiple disciplines.

By Gideon I

Feb 09, 2016

I am enjoying the course as a beginner in graphic design, i am also taking practical classes on PS, Corel draw and In design. i believe strongly that this specialization will give me the much needed edge.

By Witenberg S R S

Feb 07, 2016

I really did enjoy the lessons, the assignments on different views of an object and last one on single contrasts indeed contributed to my creativity practicing. The lecture about patterns was impressive!

By Matthew B

Sep 21, 2016

Perfect for beginning and intermediate graphic designers. The explanations of concepts and exercises are quite useful and makes the foundations of graphic design clear and accessible. Highly recommended.

By Andie L

Aug 15, 2018

Great introduction into what Graphic Design is all about. It breaks down the complexity into bite size, tangible pieces of information that you can apply to your graphic design mindset. Highly recommend!

By Tianyin L

Feb 09, 2018

I feel that this course suits me, a complete novice to graphic design, very well. It covers the basics and key themes in graphic design, and the examples shown are very stimulating and thought provoking.

By Nakash

May 16, 2016

I like this course and Coursera .org. its giving opportunity to peoples for learning. guys if you want learn so please visit on Coursera .org

i learn many things from this course and i wish i learn alot

By Lai C Y

Jan 07, 2020

A great breakdown and thorough explanation of what is graphic design. Mind opening to know the origins of fonts, typeface in typography. A must-have if you have an interest in pursuing graphics design!

By Dylan B

Nov 15, 2017

A wonderful course! I was able to learn the skills necessary to express my ideas in a way other people can understand. I highly recommend this to anyone considering graphic design for pleasure or work.

By ognjen r

May 01, 2017

Great! Teaches you how to begin thinking as a designer. Interesting concept, cool homework. More than happy to recommend. Will definitely continue with rest of courses in Graphic Design Specialization!

By Devdeep M

Nov 02, 2016

It's amazing how this course breaks down graphic design to fundamentals that we hardly even think of. It acquaints you with the building blocks, and creates a foundation that'll take you a long way!

By Melanie B

Nov 10, 2015

Well structure, informative, and very accessible introduction to graphic design. Assignments were achievable and enjoyable, and supported the lesson very well. Great course! I hope you create more!

By Alicia B

Feb 13, 2020

This course gave me a great basic understanding of graphic design and further assured me of my decision to pursue a career in graphic design. The peer feedback was constructive and always helpful.

By Hope Z

Jan 03, 2020

Very great course to start designing. It helped me become bolder in creating contrasts in my work. Great for anyone interested in graphic design, or anything like bullet journalling, cooking, etc.

By Sahil M

Jan 01, 2020

The fundamental aspect of graphic design as written in the title itself is covered by the instructor in a fun and inciting way. The classes are interesting and one should definitely give it a try

By setsuna r

Jun 23, 2017

Hands on interraction would be nice with course instructor. Everything else including community feedback is great.

Access or feedback from mentors for graded assignments would make better impact.

By Foteini F

Dec 01, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and I definitely recommend it to anyone interested in learning or fine-tuning their understanding of the basics of design.

Very well structured and worth the time!

By keren k

Jan 03, 2016

great course for beginners in graphic design.

you get to know the basic and the tasks are simple so anyone can do them.

no previous experience is needed but its fun to try and make your own designs

By Дмитрий Б

Feb 19, 2016

This course helped me to explore my creativity. Although I've been working as a graphic designer for sveral years still I found a lot of interesting stuff that opened new horizons of creativity.

By Philip A

Jun 01, 2019

Very simple, straight-forward and effective. Even for someone who has already done graphic design for a few years this is very enlightening as it covers very strong basics. Highly recommend it!

By Lisa H

May 06, 2017

I LOVED this course. Awesome teacher, every lecture made interesting and fun to watch. Great doing the optional assignments for learning!! Recommend this 100% to any beginner of graphic design.