Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

26 - 50 of 1,406 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Matías A

Dec 04, 2018

Excellent course as an introduction to the graphic design world and it' s principle concepts.

By Matthew T

Jan 08, 2019

This is a really beneficial course to wrap your head around terminology. While some may be review or feel like "yeah, duh" ideas in terms of the uses of contrast and space, for any novices or amateurs looking to better their skills, or anybody exploring graphic design from its roots, it's a necessary jumping off point. The only thing I'd add is a module on software, both to explain what software is being used for the demo, and what options are out there for beginners, including open source software, to make the course as affordable and accessible as possible.

By Camila R

Jan 10, 2019

It gave me another perspective of the graphic design using just simple elements. It did me experiment in a creative way, without prejudices. A really good course!

By Efren A

Dec 27, 2018

This is a GREAT course, as simple as that. It is exactly the perfect first step into the world of graphic design, which is at least what I needed. Thank you so much for putting together such a great help!!!

By Ridhi R

Jan 15, 2019

Covers a wide range of topics and really focuses on getting the foundation right to understand graphic design before we jump to executing it. The video lectures are simple to understand the variety of examples and demos is brilliant!

Can't wait to finish the rest of the courses.

By Mariia O

Jan 13, 2019

Nice cource, that inspire you to try more and not be afraid to experiment and test.

By Medhat H M M

By Menna S

needs more quizes

By Brenda G

Jan 02, 2019

Clear instruction with good examples in lessons. Some of the students are pretty harsh in their reviews...

By Ahmed H

Jan 16, 2019

I would like to thank you for your effort, I have learned graphic design from youtube five years ago and I am with five years of experience, but I wanted to learn graphic design in an academic way and I found that here .. many thanks.

By EminOj

Jan 02, 2019

However I do have my master in Graphic Design I would rather to take those courses to upgrade my knowledge on my career and I think it has been had many beneficial effects to me. Most likely it will benefit me while I am teaching my students later.

By Mrunal P S

Jan 17, 2019

The Course of Fundamentals of Graphic Design has been created in a precise way throwing light on the important topics of Basic Design elemental study, Color theory, Typography and Design composition, making it interesting and simple to understand by a layman.

Professor Worthington has done a marvelous job and has been able to translate the Graphic design understanding and terminology through his videos. This was my first course from Cousera and I feel privileged.

Mrunal Sinha, India

By Marcos T

Jan 22, 2019

Fantastic. First day and learned so much. Thank you.

By Crystal L

Feb 17, 2019

It is a great way to enter the world of graphic design. The pace of the course is easy to follow, and the exercises made me understood the theories presented and had fun at the same time. I recommend it to anyone who is interested by this subject.

By Andra M

Feb 17, 2019

I enjoyed a lot this course! So creative, fun, easy explained and inspiring. Highly recommended!

Congrats to everyone involved in the creation of this course!

By Chrisha M

Feb 18, 2019

Absolutely helpful when you're a beginner. It explains as well as put examples so it's easier to understand, especially in visual art, I think that's needed

By Paulina F

Feb 06, 2019

Excellent!

By Chia-Lun-Hsieh

Feb 21, 2019

great class !

By Sujay S

Feb 22, 2019

All basics covered. Hands on projects/assignments were cool and was fun to work.

By Benjamin g

Feb 22, 2019

Great way to learn fundamentals and practice skills.

By mai k E d

Feb 22, 2019

it is very clear and not complex at all it helped me so much

By ahmed a e g b

great mentors

By Michael K

Feb 24, 2019

I learned a lot on graphic design here and I really enjoyed the homework.

By Emanuel R

Feb 24, 2019

Excellent course, I learned solid knowledges. Thank you very much.