Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

26 - 50 of 1,503 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Brenda G

Jan 02, 2019

Clear instruction with good examples in lessons. Some of the students are pretty harsh in their reviews...

By EminOj

Jan 02, 2019

However I do have my master in Graphic Design I would rather to take those courses to upgrade my knowledge on my career and I think it has been had many beneficial effects to me. Most likely it will benefit me while I am teaching my students later.

By Menna S

needs more quizes

By Daniel H

Dec 19, 2018

Excelent course. It can help you a lot to enforce your design skills, or you can star a real career with this course.

By Matthew T

Jan 08, 2019

This is a really beneficial course to wrap your head around terminology. While some may be review or feel like "yeah, duh" ideas in terms of the uses of contrast and space, for any novices or amateurs looking to better their skills, or anybody exploring graphic design from its roots, it's a necessary jumping off point. The only thing I'd add is a module on software, both to explain what software is being used for the demo, and what options are out there for beginners, including open source software, to make the course as affordable and accessible as possible.

By Ellen T

Jan 08, 2019

Great course - intelligent and incisive instruction. Really do recommend this as a starter course or refresher. Throughly enjoyed it and learned a lot despite having already having studied art and design many years previously.

By Camila R

Jan 10, 2019

It gave me another perspective of the graphic design using just simple elements. It did me experiment in a creative way, without prejudices. A really good course!

By Sujay S

Feb 22, 2019

All basics covered. Hands on projects/assignments were cool and was fun to work.

By Chia-Lun H

Feb 11, 2019

it was interesting course

By mai k E d

Feb 22, 2019

it is very clear and not complex at all it helped me so much

By Benjamin g

Feb 22, 2019

Great way to learn fundamentals and practice skills.

By Michael K

Feb 24, 2019

I learned a lot on graphic design here and I really enjoyed the homework.

By Art F D S

Feb 13, 2019

Very detailed and informative.

By Ksusha

Feb 13, 2019

Good course, everything is clear and intelligible!Thanks you!

By Karla L

Feb 13, 2019

I liked the course, I've enjoyed doing it as well. Instructors was great, Thank you!

By Emanuel R

Feb 24, 2019

Excellent course, I learned solid knowledges. Thank you very much.

By ahmed a e g b

great mentors

By 瞿睿

Feb 25, 2019

Good course design, I learned a lot.

By June W

Feb 25, 2019

I audited this course. I have been doing graphic design as a self-taught designer for years. While I didn't learn 'how' to do anything new in this course, I learned the correct terms for things I do, and the principals of design. I learned WHY things "just work" particular ways, and will be better able to explain design decisions to clients. All I could ever say was "it looks best that way". This has definitely take my skill level a notch higher.

By Anton D

Feb 26, 2019

This course is well taught and developed. I appreciate that it emphasizes the importance of making graphic design as the only way to learn and develop the artist within. Thanks!

By Sian-Louise N

Feb 26, 2019

I learned a lot from this course and I am now working through the next courses in this Specialization as a result.

By NOEMI T G

Feb 28, 2019

Basic course to learn the principles of graphic design, with very ilustrative and applied exercises, I enjoyed it ;)

By Tania P T A

Feb 27, 2019

Perfect course to learn the basic and fundamental things of graphic design. The course is easy to understand and it allows you to start working in designing small things using the elements you learn through the course.