Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

1426 - 1450 of 1,451 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Aydin A

Jun 28, 2016

Interesting and exploratory but not much was really explained; he just kinda showed examples and said see what I mean. That's great but you're not really learning why and thus in my opinion I don't feel like I learned much about graphic design

By Dany B

Feb 22, 2017

I FIND THE MATERIAL REALLY GOOD AND EASY TO FOLLOW, THE ASSIGNMENTS ARE VERY HELPFUL TO FULLY UNDERSTAND EACH CHAPTER. I LIKE THAT THERE IS INTERACTION BETWEEN PEERS AND HOW THERE IS FEED BACK FROM EACH OTHER, BUT I DONT LIKE THAT IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET AN OPINION, IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE ENOUGH, IF I GET FEEDBACK FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS AS LITTLE AS ME OR IS BEGINNING TO EXPLORE GRAPHIC DESIGN, I WOULD HAVE LIKED AN OPINION FROM A PROFESIONAL OR A TEACHER WITH MORE EXPERIENCE. ALSO, AFTER FEEDBACK THERE SHOULD BE A CORRECTION ASSIGNMENT OR A GROWTH OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THE FEEDBACK AND MAKE YOUR PROJECT BETTER.

By Roshni G

Jul 02, 2017

Interesting topic, but the way it's presented is boring.

By Dean C

Oct 22, 2017

Good but very beginner level.

By Mi Z

May 06, 2018

It teaches you the basic processes and techniques of image making.

By Jackie F

Oct 04, 2017

Very basic overview of graphic design, learned some new things!

By Blake F

Jul 06, 2018

This is a very basic course. The assignments are interesting and help make you think about design in new and different ways. The peer review was lacking and the quizzes were kind of silly. That being said, I think this helped me understand that I need to delve deeper into the individual aspects of design to really become a good designer. It is a good place to start for a complete beginner.

By Tushar D C

May 12, 2018

Did learn new things as well what graphic design really is (Spoiler: Its not restricted to only good looking designs).

By Julia G

Mar 28, 2019

The course is good but the actual lectures could be more fun.

By Dongqi L

May 30, 2019

too fundamental

By Radhvi K

Jun 24, 2019

simply.. Wow.!

By Jordan

Jun 01, 2019

Could use a few updated changes.

By Lukas F

Aug 28, 2019

Often feels a bit too superficial and basic

By Olga

Sep 19, 2019

This course is just about the basics. It was very easy for me to take this course, do assignments. Think twice before buying.

By Priscila A d S

Jan 15, 2019

Não gostei muito que meus exercícios são avaliados por colegas.

By Sarah F

Feb 03, 2016

"Let's try and draw a very basic, simple apple." I had to stop watching this course there. Sorry, but this is less than "fundamentals". I'm trying a new course on graphic design now...

By Daniil K

Jan 25, 2016

Too simple and boring

By Azeem A

Jan 12, 2016

I joined to learn outstanding experience but ... disappointed

By Elizaveta T

Mar 07, 2016

This course does go over some of the basics of graphic design, but I expected it to be a lot more rigorous. The assignments are incredibly simple, and I think that there should be no optional assignments in the class. The reason I'm taking this class is because I have a hard time motivating myself to learn on my own, so I need something that will really push me. I only spent about an hour a week completing this course, and I believe that you can't learn something by only spending an hour a week on it. Also what's the point of having mentors if they don't engage with you? I know I could have contacted them if I had a question, but I didn't because it was so easy. I wouldn't mind getting feedback from a professional graphic designer though if they're available. Also seeing how many students misinterpret the assignments, it makes me nervous that they are the ones grading mine.

By Jude

Sep 13, 2016

This is a very basic course, not at all college level.

By Asfandyar M

Jan 18, 2017

u

By Jordan P

Jul 07, 2017

This course has nothing to do with graphic design. It mentions that you'll have a wonderful portfolio after the course but every assignment I completed was not worth putting into a portfolio. This deals more with the ABSOLUTE basics and fundamentals of art, not graphic design. It felt like this class was what you learn the first day of an art class. You won't use illustrator or anything so no need to purchase it.

By Vitor F M F