Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

1426 - 1450 of 1,485 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By India W

Aug 18, 2019

This course helped teach me the basics of graphic design. I have done graphics for GCSE and currently doing A-Level but I wasn't taught the basic theories of things, like layout and composition. My favourite part was the typography section, with the extra briefs being fun and interesting to do.

By DILEEP K B

Aug 20, 2019

Excellent teaching methodology in course every video have one creative thing please don't skip

mainly the faculty Michael Worthington he an extraordinary creative skills, I didn't get this type of interaction with students in my college.

Don't stop with this course go on do specialization in graphic designing

By Hassan M

Jul 14, 2019

I am learning very well due to this course.

It includes Basic ideas of graphic designing.

By Huon S

Jul 13, 2019

Great course! I would really have like to have had some more time covering composition.

By Liliana E

Sep 02, 2019

It was really fun and challenging making this course. I love graphic design but my experience is very little so I've learned a lot. The downside is that none of the assignments are reviewed by a teacher, we only get feedback from our peers and some aren't very helpful.

By esmail m

Sep 06, 2019

I like it !

By Amit K

Sep 17, 2019

A very basic course on graphic designing. As a beginner I enjoyed the content and it was fun to complete the assignments before the dew dates.

By Yusuf S

Jun 10, 2019

Good course for beginners.

By Mihnavets L

Sep 24, 2019

It was helpful, but a bit boring :)

By Fernanda L

Oct 11, 2019

It is a good introductional course that starts our mindset to see how the graphic world is built around us.

By Atique

Nov 16, 2019

also, some add software knowledge.

By Fedotovskikh M A

Mar 21, 2019

It would be better to see some feedback from teachers, than from people who are also studying to designers

By Julia G

Mar 28, 2019

The course is good but the actual lectures could be more fun.

By Allison W

Jan 29, 2019

Needs to be much more fleshed out. Create subsidiary courses for each topic!

By Laura M

Feb 08, 2019

Very interesting but basic - definitely need to continue with the specialisations afterwards. Recommendations of online software courses / tools to learn from would be useful as some people (myself included) may not have the skills to progress onto the specialisations without this knowledge. Overall happy!

By Dany B

Feb 22, 2017

I FIND THE MATERIAL REALLY GOOD AND EASY TO FOLLOW, THE ASSIGNMENTS ARE VERY HELPFUL TO FULLY UNDERSTAND EACH CHAPTER. I LIKE THAT THERE IS INTERACTION BETWEEN PEERS AND HOW THERE IS FEED BACK FROM EACH OTHER, BUT I DONT LIKE THAT IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET AN OPINION, IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE ENOUGH, IF I GET FEEDBACK FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS AS LITTLE AS ME OR IS BEGINNING TO EXPLORE GRAPHIC DESIGN, I WOULD HAVE LIKED AN OPINION FROM A PROFESIONAL OR A TEACHER WITH MORE EXPERIENCE. ALSO, AFTER FEEDBACK THERE SHOULD BE A CORRECTION ASSIGNMENT OR A GROWTH OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THE FEEDBACK AND MAKE YOUR PROJECT BETTER.

By Roshni G

Jul 02, 2017

Interesting topic, but the way it's presented is boring.

By Blake F

Jul 06, 2018

This is a very basic course. The assignments are interesting and help make you think about design in new and different ways. The peer review was lacking and the quizzes were kind of silly. That being said, I think this helped me understand that I need to delve deeper into the individual aspects of design to really become a good designer. It is a good place to start for a complete beginner.

By Dean C

Oct 22, 2017

Good but very beginner level.

By Mi Z

May 06, 2018

It teaches you the basic processes and techniques of image making.

By Jackie F

Oct 04, 2017

Very basic overview of graphic design, learned some new things!

By Tushar D C

May 12, 2018

Did learn new things as well what graphic design really is (Spoiler: Its not restricted to only good looking designs).

By Alyson C

Feb 19, 2017

Great course to introduce you to basics of graphic design and basic design language.

By Oliver T

Nov 11, 2015

I totally liked the hands-on approach and the nice presentation of the material. On the other hand, I felt a little left alone since there was no didactically planned interaction beyond the peer reviews. Furthermore, a forum for discussion is nice, but it's a little sad if no one can answer course related formal questions, you misinterpret the instructions, and therefore receive a low grade.

By Elena P

Apr 19, 2016

Overall I think this is a great course and really helpful. However, I had an unpleasant experience on the last week. There is an assignment that asks you to create a single contrast composition of 2 shapes. It says "shapes" and still people are not sure if they can use more count of those shapes. I chose to use 2 shapes, but multiple counts and some people that thought this is not only 2 shapes, but 2 counts as well, chose to grade my work with the lowest rating due to unfulfilled assignment. I think this is Coursera`s fault to begin with. They should word their requirements properly so it does not create confusion. Now, we are left to the good will of a classmate to judge our work and people are not even sure what the assignment asks of us exactly.