Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

201 - 225 of 2,018 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Jessica R

Apr 06, 2020

I started this course knowing absolutely nothing about graphic design. I now feel a lot more knowlegable of how graphic design works and how I can successly use it in a career. I highly recommend to all those that are interested in pursuing graphic design.

By Nikita K

Feb 06, 2016

It's great that the course has a lot of practical assignments! Also it is very important to get feedback on your work from other people that have interest in this field. It's good to learn what works and what doesn't and why. Very useful for me! Thank you!

By Lin Z

Aug 30, 2017

A rigorous introduction course, with many optional peer-graded assignments for further practice. I would highly recommend doing all of the optional exercises because they really help you understand and think further about the concepts taught in the video.

By Rafaela M G

Jun 01, 2017

I really loved this couse! It fit perfectly with what I wanted, both in terms of practicality, the way it is taught, the wealth of information and the possibilities of work to train the different skills, make this course very special, it was very worth it

By Kenzie B

Jul 31, 2016

Loving this course. Not only is it helping me learn the fundamentals of graphic design in a fun and inventive way, but is also providing a great community. Would highly recommend this for anyone looking to improve or start there graphic design skills. :)

By Victoria E

Oct 05, 2018

Very informative and creative (at least if you do all the assignments). Really made my creative juices flowing.

The only downside, is you only get peer-reviews, so you don't get to check with a professional if your work is good, bad, getting better, etc.

By Карандашева К В

Nov 16, 2016

This course is very useful, especially for the beginners. It creates the fundament for your future study. The practical part is very interesting and gave students the opportunity to try different aspects of graphic design. Thank you Coursera and CalArts

By Monica M d V

Dec 17, 2015

This is a wonderful wonderful course... The tasks are perfectly designed to make you learn and understand... Every single video lesson is fun and engaging! I definitely recommend it to any one who is no familiar with GD and is interested in learning it!

By Ricardo M E P

Oct 12, 2017

It was undoubtedly an enriching experience. It allowed to gain basic competences in the design area and simultaneously, to unleash the creativity and the critical sense. As soon as possible I will do the specialization modules. I strongly recommend it.

By Sara H A

Jun 23, 2017

I find this course really helpful!! I didn't know anything about graphic design. I rolled into this course for no exact reason but I absolutely loved it! It is so good! I 100% recommend people trying this course whether you are a beginner or a pro!

By EminOj

Jan 02, 2019

However I do have my master in Graphic Design I would rather to take those courses to upgrade my knowledge on my career and I think it has been had many beneficial effects to me. Most likely it will benefit me while I am teaching my students later.

By Crystal L

Feb 17, 2019

It is a great way to enter the world of graphic design. The pace of the course is easy to follow, and the exercises made me understood the theories presented and had fun at the same time. I recommend it to anyone who is interested by this subject.

By Valentina T

Feb 19, 2017

The course introduces a structured way for beginners to make images. It provides a disciplined schedule to produce images. I recommend the course to people who have dabbled in the subject and are interested in learning a more systematic approach.

By Maria C

Apr 16, 2020

This course was extremely helpful when it came to sharpening my Graphic Design skills. I really appreciated the breakdown of what Graphic Design really is. I will definitely be continuing to the next course. CalARTS curriculum is truly helpful!

By Jana K

Nov 28, 2016

It was a great course. I have learned a lot. I don't consider myself specially talented in art or aesthetic feeling, but I think I improved after passing this course. And I have got a different view on many things connected with graphic design.

By Drew O

Apr 04, 2016

I'm taking this as a refresher. I find the videos to be very helpful and the peer reviews super rewarding in terms of both contributing and receiving. I've managed to relearn a few things as well as pick up some new approaches to my daily work.

By Anna M

Apr 01, 2020

Really well put together course, short videos and readings to break it down, if you're not working on it full time it's easy to fit it around other responsibilities. Nice projects that get you thinking in a different way, simple and effective.

By valiullah

Sep 10, 2017

An absolutely wonderful course for beginner as well as experienced graphic designers and illustrators. The fundamentals are extremely important in any field and this course does a brilliant job at making sure that they are crisp clear to you.

By William S d O

Excelente curso para tanto para iniciantes quanto para quem já tem mais experiência e gostaria de revisar e ver uma nova perspectiva sobre os fundamentos do design gráfico. Excelente curva de aprendizagem através das quatro semanas de curso.

By Joshua C

Professor Worthington does a great job of breaking down complex concepts into easy to understand lessons. Very glad to have taken the course and will continue with the Cal Arts Graphic Design courses as a result. Thanks for the great class!

By Andraea Z

This was an excellent course that gave me an insight into graphic design. I'm so glad I found this. I worked super hard, and as a result, I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you, Michael, for leading the class, and making such interesting videos.

By Danyella S

Apr 21, 2020

Excellent oportunity of learning and growth! The clear explanations and descriptions of the concepts were fundamental for my learning. And receiving constructive criticism from my peers made me more self-conscious about my creative process.

By Carolina Q

Jun 15, 2016

Very good visual material accompanied by excellent written supplement that allowed us to follow the recorded portion of the course. Interesting exercises and great methodology that allow students to review and provide feedback to others.

By Miranda J

Mar 22, 2016

Great course! This is the first course I've taken through Coursera and I am so impressed, both with the content and the delivery.

It really influenced the way I look at design. I am really looking forward to completing this specialization.