Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

2551 - 2575 of 2,895 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Abel K

Feb 02, 2020

This course has helped me engage with my work more! It helps understand the what and why of design, I enjoyed every minute of my learning curves.

By Ali A M

Aug 09, 2020

The course is great but peer graded assignments are not so reliable, peers just want to finish the assignment so they do not give good feedback

By Tuhin B

Apr 16, 2020

Coursera has not only helped me to understand the basics or fundamentals of Graphic Design, but also how to put them in practical application.

By Amit K

Sep 17, 2019

A very basic course on graphic designing. As a beginner I enjoyed the content and it was fun to complete the assignments before the dew dates.

By Abubakar I

Apr 28, 2020

The course is well organized and well demonstrated and it includes all the basics of graphic design for beginners. Really enjoyed this course

By Juliana Y

Jul 27, 2017

It's been fun! As the name suggest, it really is a fundamental course meant for beginners. I find the typography week to be most informative.

By Rachel S

Sep 15, 2016

Overall great course. Some knowledge Adobe Illustrator and file formatting needed.

The Audio is out of sink from the video on many lessons.

By David L

Jun 14, 2016

It's described as "fundamentals" and that's it. Very basic. Everything is well explained. In my opinion, it could be a little more in depth.

By Daria H

Feb 10, 2016

Great introduction course. I wish there were links to relevant literature on the topics. Some exercise formulations are not instantly clear.

By Micaela D G

Aug 17, 2020

Muy bueno! Las instancias de práctica me han resultado muy claras y me han permitido avanzar con el aprendizaje de la teoría. Recomendable!

By Naiara S

Sep 08, 2020

I really enjoyed the classes, but some assignments were not that challenging. Also the peer review is not as effective as I was expecting.

By Farah A

Jul 22, 2020

Its a great course.it helped me to grow my passion for Graphic design. its totally a basic level course. its really helpful for beginners.

By Thomas d M

Oct 20, 2020

As they say, it's very the fundamentals, maybe not necessary if you already have quite some experience, but interesting for any beginner!

By SHRUTI G

Jul 17, 2020

Thanks for this fantastic app which really was very beneficial for me. It is a best thing to do in this lockdown by learning more things.

By Joly F Z

May 29, 2018

A very good overview of graphic design - for someone just want an intro, can just take this course rather than the whole specification.

By Danielle T

Jun 25, 2017

Quite interesting and enjoyed it well enough! I was expecting it to be more computer based, but the principles were still of interest.

By Rhina B

Apr 19, 2016

A great course to learn to design. It's not a software course, which is perfect. Just what I needed it. Unfortunately, it's too short.

By Ximena M

Jul 06, 2017

The last assignment could have been more interesting. I think the optional assignment would have been a better closure to the course.

By Jewell J

Jan 31, 2020

Online courses are challenging. I would recommend examples for the homework assignments. The videos do not detail what is expected.

By Ramon A K G

Jul 29, 2019

Simple concepts are introduced but taking this course allowed me to further my creativity and practice my skills in graphic design.

By Stephanie N

Oct 16, 2018

I really enjoyed it, but I thought some of the instructions were a bit vague and required some guesswork. Overall, a solid course.

By AnSo M

Aug 20, 2016

Very good introductory course to Graphic Design. A good staple to get familiar with the very basics before starting learning more.

By ISHFAQ A

Jun 23, 2020

Maybe if their were a few more required assignments that would be better but regardless, amazing course, learned a lot! Thank you

By Khan Z A

Jul 18, 2020

Great course on Graphics design and a good introduction to its basic concepts.I wish there was a part on which software to use.

By Varisha K

Aug 12, 2020

There should be more instruction given to people on how to use Photoshop or inkscape. It took me long to realize things myself