Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

DD
Sep 2, 2021

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

AR
Apr 17, 2016

3626 - 3650 of 3,682 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Jordan

May 31, 2019

Could use a few updated changes.

By Lulu

Feb 11, 2016

lecturer could be more personal

By Dixit U

Nov 17, 2020

avarage course not preferable.

By Dean C

Oct 22, 2017

Good but very beginner level.

By Natalia K

Dec 29, 2015

It is good for beginners only

By Remington C

Dec 7, 2015

Bit too simple for my liking.

By Ieva

Oct 3, 2020

the lessons were very basic

By Semih S

Dec 28, 2020

For 4 week course its ok.

By Kenneth D D

Jul 26, 2020

Only very basic concepts.

By Afia T 2

Jul 30, 2020

It was Good.

By Nusanta S A

Sep 28, 2020

good

By Silvana L A C

Jun 14, 2020

Good

By Richard L

Aug 5, 2020

The course itself was very good. I studied for many more hours than the recommended times and I learned a lot. I read books about Bauhaus, color, and typography. I watched a film about Bauhaus and did an online course by Pantone about color perception. The thing that lets the course down is the peer reviews, which are mostly useless. I've tried hard to write thoughtful reviews and I've done more than the minimum number for every assignment. In return I've received reviews like "ok" and "good". These people are just taking the mickey and CalArts and Coursera are responsible by neglect. It would be easy to automatically check for a minimum number of words in reviews. I notice that Gail Swanlund gives guidance about how to review in the Imagemaking course, but shouldn't this be in the first course so people know how to review? There ought to be a way to report these non-reviews and the people should be stripped of their course marks.

By Elizaveta T

Mar 7, 2016

This course does go over some of the basics of graphic design, but I expected it to be a lot more rigorous. The assignments are incredibly simple, and I think that there should be no optional assignments in the class. The reason I'm taking this class is because I have a hard time motivating myself to learn on my own, so I need something that will really push me. I only spent about an hour a week completing this course, and I believe that you can't learn something by only spending an hour a week on it. Also what's the point of having mentors if they don't engage with you? I know I could have contacted them if I had a question, but I didn't because it was so easy. I wouldn't mind getting feedback from a professional graphic designer though if they're available. Also seeing how many students misinterpret the assignments, it makes me nervous that they are the ones grading mine.

By Olivia W

Aug 30, 2020

Like some other reviewers said this is more of an art course than graphic design, at least from my perspective. You wont be learning how to use photoshop or anything adobe for that matter. So, for your assignments I recommend using something free, such as Canva, if you don't already pay for adobe. I hope that they upload more courses on adobe and have assignments such as making a business card or a flyer.

By Teresa S

Aug 28, 2021

At one tine a enjoyed this class and now I don't. I Have been treated unfairly for the last couple months to turn in one assignment so I can complete this coursed. Every time I turned in assignment you always finds something wrong. Is this how Coursera teach and grade their student.

By Sarah F

Feb 3, 2016

"Let's try and draw a very basic, simple apple." I had to stop watching this course there. Sorry, but this is less than "fundamentals". I'm trying a new course on graphic design now...

By Nissam F F

May 16, 2021

A lot of Theory, but having already worked a bit in the graphic design I don't think this is very useful when you start working. But maybe good to initiate a complete beginner.

Jun 15, 2020

Super basic stuff. I think it could be condensed. Not sure I learned more than a couple concepts, which could have been summarized on 1-2 slides.

By Pamela G

Jan 1, 2020

Very boring video lectures, especially dry if this is your first exposure to graphic design or design in general. It does not motivate.