Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

DD
Sep 2, 2021

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

TJ
Sep 5, 2021

I had a lot of fun in this course. I learnt some extra bits of information related to graphic design and I think it's a great start for beginners as well as good practice for intermediate and experts!

376 - 400 of 3,626 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Rohit N

Dec 31, 2015

This perfectly introduced me to the basic know-hows of graphic design, thing which you'll never learn from self practice and creating stuff on photoshop or Ai. I enjoyed learning more from this than my 4 years in engineering in school!

By Djoeke V

Jul 9, 2021

Covers and summarizes the most important aspects of design. The required assignments can be simple if you're a somewhat experienced image-maker. More experienced learners will also learn a lot from especially the optional assignments.

By Ahmed H

Jan 16, 2019

I would like to thank you for your effort, I have learned graphic design from youtube five years ago and I am with five years of experience, but I wanted to learn graphic design in an academic way and I found that here .. many thanks.

By Brianna P

Feb 21, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. The teacher made the content very approachable and doable. The goal was to just create and start designing. I loved how low pressure it felt! It actually made me want to go the extra mile and design more!

By Ekaterina K

Jul 31, 2020

Great thanks for this course! I got a lot of new skills and now I see, that graphic design is a really interesting and exiting thing! This course helped me to free myself from my prejudices and fears in creation. Much obliged to you!

By José R M M

May 13, 2020

El curso es una buena forma de adentrarte en el diseño grafico, las activdades de cada semana son buenas y la ultima actividad los es al 100 por ciento. Aun así, creo que puedes apoyarte de otros cursos para que no se te escape nada.

By Lev

Jul 19, 2021

I highly recommend this course to those who wanted to pursue Graphic Design. The professor teaches the fundamentals or techniques that you need to know before creating a Graphic Design. Thank you for this wonderful course, Coursera.

By Kate S

Mar 11, 2020

I enjoyed the course. It touches all important basis (fundamentals) and acts as a perfect start to go deeper into the topic with following courses from this university for Graphic specialization. Good balance of video/reading/tasks.

By Kadaria O

Aug 22, 2020

As I person, who have never been into design, I find this course helpful. It gives basics for main aspects of graphic design. I have learned new things regarding typography and fornts, as the professor talked about history as well.

By Tommy W O

Jul 22, 2020

Concise, easily grasped, and rather eye-opening. It's easy to take pen to paper or mouse to a document and go to town with expression, but I feel enriched in a way that I haven't felt for a long time by simply studying the basics.

By Chelsi S

Really good course, even for those who already have a bit of experience behind them, good to go over the basics again. I would highly recommend doing all of the briefs, they're not time-consuming and you learn a lot by practising!

By Phoebe B

Apr 17, 2020

I really enjoyed the content and learned a lot of valuable hands-on skills. It was great to be encouraged to make a lot of images in a lot of different ways. I'm actually amazed at how much I have learned taking this short course.

By Assel N

Jun 8, 2016

I was so happy when saw this course for the first time. It became the first step to my dream career. All lessons and assignments are very useful and interesting to watch and implement. Thanks you very much for such an opportunity!

By SOUQUET A

Feb 18, 2020

It was very interesting and pretty cool as an introduction ! It was clear and simple, not quite easy but the fact that the instrutor tells us to practice any time, just for fun was so cool and not stressfull. Thank you for that !

By Teo M

Dec 8, 2016

Ha sido un curso especialmente interesante, sobre todo por la claridad en las explicaciones y la calidad de los trabajos prácticos. Recomiendo que las personas que sigan el curso realicen todos los trabajos opcionales propuestos.

By Jayakeerthikha K R

Jul 22, 2021

Beginner-friendly. I understand the basic concepts in graphic design. I love the sample designs used to teach that helped me to understand the core. Any one wanting to take structured course for beginners I would recommend this.

By Mubashir Z

Dec 16, 2020

This course was well organized, I was already a graphic designer but I never knew the terminologies and technical parts.. this course really enlightened my mind it some kind of broadened my thinking about new creations... Thanks

By Jory H

Jul 9, 2020

I am quite happy with this course. It is very basic, but very necessary for the beginner. I enjoyed the exercises and felt that it was a good breakdown of the rules of graphic design and helped me in the way I design something.

By Juan J L M

May 12, 2020

Un curso que empieza desde abajo y con el que es posible aportar tu toque creativo. La idea de calificación "E2E" (student to student) es un método interactivo para poder ver el trabajo de tus compañeros. Encantado con el curso.

By Ellen T

Jan 7, 2019

Great course - intelligent and incisive instruction. Really do recommend this as a starter course or refresher. Throughly enjoyed it and learned a lot despite having already having studied art and design many years previously.

By Dulce A R W

Sep 28, 2016

I really liked this course, it was a great introduction to this world which is graphic design for me. I also appreciate very much the scholarship, without it, I would not be able to complete this first course session. Thank you!

By Lenchi H E

Sep 24, 2021

I learned a lot in this course, although it has 5 to 8 minutes in each video lesson but I guarantee you'll be mind blown at the end, I strongly recommend this course before you start learning anything else about graphic design

By Ajibola T

Oct 26, 2020

Every great idea and dream must be established within you and you alone. Awesome teaching, so impacting and inspiring, actually I wanna thank Coursera for building to this level of being a good graphic design. Thanks Coursera

By Abdullah N Q

Oct 13, 2020

Great course, the instructor is awesome. I got my fundamentals right on graphic design, how to think about typography, shapes, imagery, space and how to fit it all together with right proportions of content and visual context.

By Kinga S

Aug 9, 2016

To break rules and be unconventional one needs to know conventions and rules - and this course is just that! It gives you key vocabulary to name some things which you may consider easy, but never bothered to notice and name :)