Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

1351 - 1375 of 1,485 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Patty N

Aug 08, 2016

Over all a good experience to get a solid understanding of basic graphic design aspects.

By Kelly L

Mar 05, 2018

Good information, wish there were more assignments and perhaps multiple presenters. This class is part of a specialization, so you can not get the certificate for completion unless you join the specialization.

By aliaa

Feb 25, 2017

excellent course but very basic

By chris m

Feb 20, 2016

This course is a good start in understanding the basics of graphic design, I felt it could go a bit deeper into the materials but its a good beginniing :)

By Kamalika S

May 03, 2016

The instruction videos are pretty good. The course gives a good overview of the fundamentals. It delivers what it promises.

By Laura B

Mar 06, 2016

I loved the course, although I think the instructions for various briefs should be more precise and/or someone should be available to clarify the instructions and answer any questions from students (regarding the briefs).

By Wesley M

Mar 18, 2016

Covers the topic very well, but keep in mind that it's only an intro. The focus is on introducing concepts and language.

By Natacha M J

Jan 24, 2016

I loved this course, even though (for me), some things were quite repetitive and unnecessarily lengthy.

By Alina I F S

Aug 29, 2016

O curso é ótimo para obter conceitos bem iniciais em design gráfico. Ele não aprofunda muito, mas oferece o ponto inicial para estudos na área e dá uma visão geral.

By C. M C

Apr 15, 2016

I really enjoy the exploration journey of this course!

Especially the moto of the tutor : "The best part to create it's to have fun in the process!"...Thanks a lot!

By Heather H

Feb 23, 2016

This had some really good fundamentals and some really helpful exercises. I recommend this to anyone who would like to understand a little more about Graphic Design.

By Edmond T

Feb 04, 2017

Good introduction to graphic design. The videos have a lot of "mouth noises".

By K N K

Apr 02, 2018

Course was great but felt the quality of sound and visuals should be improved. As Coursera is a professional platform, the videos are not that much fair to look at. and the sound, theres a lot of noise in the background which is a disturbance for some viewers.

By Anthony J S

Jan 22, 2016

Four stars, because there is always room for improvement. But this is a well structured course and gives a great grounding for anyone looking at graphic design.

Thanks to those who put this course together, great work.

By Jack M

Jul 05, 2017

Good course, great for an introduction, hopefully more advanced courses from CalArts will cover more advanced features

By Anton R

Feb 11, 2018

I thought the exercise of 10 images was a good intro to thinking of different ways to represent an object.

By Bhavana K

Jan 08, 2018

This course is very good for a beginner. It starts from very basic and the language is very simple and clear.I loved the assignments and I learned a lot during it. My personal advice do as many assignments as many time as you can, assignments are gonna teach you more than theory.

The reason I am giving it a 4 star and not 5 because I really felt that at some points I needed some clarifications and feedback from the instructor. I started few threads for discussing my subject related questions but no reply. If coursera team is able to fill this gap between teacher and student, I guess then this course is beyond 5 stars :)

By Marta S

Jul 12, 2016

As a self taught person in Graphic Design, it was interesting to put words to my basic knowledge. I found particularly helpful the lesson about composition.

By Sushen W

Aug 21, 2017

If you wish to be great at something,you need to know the basics first and that's what this course tells you about! All the Fundamentals of Graphic design explained beautifully and so precisely that you will feel yourself getting immersed in this course! Plus the weekly assignment challenges you to showcase what all things you have learnt in that particular week! Don't just think,just hit that enroll button already! Just go for it and enjoy learning! :)

By E. C C

Nov 19, 2016

Very basic introduction to the ground floor of Graphic Design. Get in, get it done, get out. I like how precise it was.

By Gautam J

Nov 29, 2016

This course sets a decent foundation for anybody interested in pursuing graphic design seriously.

By Curbita

Sep 17, 2016

I didn't really liked the course of the first week but than I really came to enjoy a lot the course about pattern and forms in particular which was a completely new way of thinking how to create for me, very interesting and full of possibilities.

By Michelle L

Oct 30, 2016

Great overview of graphic design for someone who does not have any experience in this area. Encourages creativity and new ways of thinking about every day objects and representations.

By Kathryin O