Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

1401 - 1425 of 1,436 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By MHD.Fettah

Jan 13, 2018

very basic .... like a really basic ... I will commend this course to a robot start his AI training .

By Remington C

Dec 07, 2015

Bit too simple for my liking.

By 翠花

Oct 05, 2016

The last assignment caused me CONFUSION. I mean, due to the unclear assignment requirements, we cannot review composition for composition's sake. For example, I did use two squares as the assignment asked, but I changed the transparency of them, so they form a new square when overlapping. And people think I used three squares and thus not following the instructions. And many people used a small circle and a large circle putting at the center vertically to form a scale composition, and you have to give them 3 points because they followed the instructions, but they actually did not do much in terms of composition. Though I got 3.5 scores by two people ( not very bad), I'm still frustrated, and I hope the assignment requirements could be clearer.

By Jane

Jan 23, 2016

This was a great introductory course to graphic design. It made me think of many ways to represent the same image. I

By Guinivere P

Feb 26, 2017

I really enjoyed the content and learned a lot but, there were far too many videos that were not functional. In some the video froze, in some the sound went off, in others there were a problem with bot visual and sound. It became increasingly hard to follow the ideas as I had no visuals to support the text.

By Mona E

Nov 27, 2016

It's very very basic, I know it's considered an introductory course but I expected more. It was very interesting and informative though.

By Oliver T

Nov 11, 2015

I totally liked the hands-on approach and the nice presentation of the material. On the other hand, I felt a little left alone since there was no didactically planned interaction beyond the peer reviews. Furthermore, a forum for discussion is nice, but it's a little sad if no one can answer course related formal questions, you misinterpret the instructions, and therefore receive a low grade.

By Alyson C

Feb 19, 2017

Great course to introduce you to basics of graphic design and basic design language.

By Mahek S

Aug 14, 2016

Instead of reading blogs and books on graphic design and then following that up with consequent practice I decided to take up this course which would help me do both more efficiently and so far I'm not regretting my decision.

By Hugo E

Jun 19, 2016

Thats a good course for beginers.

In my opinion should be more illustrative with more real and nice examples.

By Aydin A

Jun 28, 2016

Interesting and exploratory but not much was really explained; he just kinda showed examples and said see what I mean. That's great but you're not really learning why and thus in my opinion I don't feel like I learned much about graphic design

By Dany B

Feb 22, 2017

I FIND THE MATERIAL REALLY GOOD AND EASY TO FOLLOW, THE ASSIGNMENTS ARE VERY HELPFUL TO FULLY UNDERSTAND EACH CHAPTER. I LIKE THAT THERE IS INTERACTION BETWEEN PEERS AND HOW THERE IS FEED BACK FROM EACH OTHER, BUT I DONT LIKE THAT IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET AN OPINION, IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE ENOUGH, IF I GET FEEDBACK FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS AS LITTLE AS ME OR IS BEGINNING TO EXPLORE GRAPHIC DESIGN, I WOULD HAVE LIKED AN OPINION FROM A PROFESIONAL OR A TEACHER WITH MORE EXPERIENCE. ALSO, AFTER FEEDBACK THERE SHOULD BE A CORRECTION ASSIGNMENT OR A GROWTH OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THE FEEDBACK AND MAKE YOUR PROJECT BETTER.

By Roshni G

Jul 02, 2017

Interesting topic, but the way it's presented is boring.

By Dean C

Oct 22, 2017

Good but very beginner level.

By Mi Z

May 06, 2018

It teaches you the basic processes and techniques of image making.

By Jackie F

Oct 04, 2017

Very basic overview of graphic design, learned some new things!

By Blake F

Jul 06, 2018

This is a very basic course. The assignments are interesting and help make you think about design in new and different ways. The peer review was lacking and the quizzes were kind of silly. That being said, I think this helped me understand that I need to delve deeper into the individual aspects of design to really become a good designer. It is a good place to start for a complete beginner.

By Tushar D C

May 12, 2018

Did learn new things as well what graphic design really is (Spoiler: Its not restricted to only good looking designs).

By Julia G

Mar 28, 2019

The course is good but the actual lectures could be more fun.

By Dongqi L

May 30, 2019

too fundamental

By Radhvi K

Jun 24, 2019

simply.. Wow.!

By Jordan

Jun 01, 2019

Could use a few updated changes.

By Lukas F

Aug 28, 2019

Often feels a bit too superficial and basic

By Olga

Sep 19, 2019

This course is just about the basics. It was very easy for me to take this course, do assignments. Think twice before buying.

By Priscila A d S

Jan 15, 2019

Não gostei muito que meus exercícios são avaliados por colegas.