Back to Fundamentals of waves and vibrations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of waves and vibrations by École Polytechnique

See our course teaser on http://goo.gl/SU25sF Waves are everywhere. On water of course, but also in the air as you hear a plane, and under your feet during an earthquake certainly. Vibrations, too, are everywhere In your bike as you go over a bump, in you guitar as you play, and of course in your smartphone. You can guess that there is something in common behind all this. This is exactly the purpose of this course ! So if you want to understand better waves and vibrations, and the relation between them and to use that knowledge in your field, this MOOC is for you. We are going to consider any possible domains of applications such as civil engineering, aerospace engineering, plant biomechanics, and many others ! This is why we called the course “fundamentals of waves and vibrations”. There are so many phenomena and so many models that we need to work with you on the basic mechanisms . We look forward to see you in the course, and work together ! See also our related course on the couplings between fluids and solids at www.coursera.org/learn/fluid-solid-interaction, with the course teaser on http://goo.gl/YKSMnD...

SG

May 04, 2020

I already have a strong background in dynamics and used this course as a recall of basics. I found it very clear, in particular for the progress from waves towards vibrations and modes.

GB

Jun 01, 2020

The course provided me with a clear and concise insight about waves and vibrations. A must seek course for undergraduate as well as graduate students.

1 - 25 of 31 Reviews for Fundamentals of waves and vibrations

By Hannah L

Feb 20, 2019

i have background with physics and calculus but for me it was really hard to follow this classes, a lot of important concepts were given very fast.

By Vinayak V

Jun 10, 2019

Few important concepts were rushed through in the course. Short videos resulted in skipping through the required mathematical and conceptual discussions to get a proper feel of the topics.

The content of the course was however pretty good covering a decent range of topics in vibration dynamics.

By Florian L B

Mar 03, 2019

The course material is clearly explained by the three instructors. The lab sessions are highly interesting to get a feeling for real world dynamics. I really enjoyed the final exam that lead me to apply the gained knowledge to a small system and compute numerical solutions to the dynamic equations both in frequency and time domain. I highly recommend the class.

By Stanislas L G

May 04, 2020

By Philippe C

Jun 13, 2020

I really enjoyed this course which gave me a lot of insight on the nature of things around me. It is graphically pleasing with lots of exciting real world applications. Merci!

By Gopalchetty B

Jun 01, 2020

By BERTHING J G B

Feb 28, 2019

contain the most topic in a first course on vibration, with many practical research, with a expert teacher, MANY THANKS

By Divyarajsinh G R

I learned very much and this easy to learn and it's free of cost so everyone is learning and got certificate

By Veronica B C

Absolutely wonderful course. I love the enthusiasm of the teachers. Thank you so much!!!

By Rahul K P

Jun 18, 2020

It will really explore you to the new knowledge of Vibration and Acoustics.

By Kopparapu V M k

Nov 22, 2019

if you provide the key for this it will be helpful for unsolved questions

By Shubham M A

May 12, 2020

Nice course learned w lot about wave and vibration in a string etc.

By Mehmet Y

Oct 09, 2019

Perfect instructors, very valuable gains and insigihts.

By gk_18

Jun 26, 2020

Excellent material. Enjoyed the last quiz the most.

By purimitla s

Apr 28, 2020

it is very useful to me to develop skills

By Brûlé S

Feb 25, 2019

Congratulations to all the team for this

By Taha L

Jun 12, 2020

Le meilleure prof ever :)

chapeau bas

By Midde p

Nice course

By Saladi t n

Apr 22, 2020

Good

By Mohammad P S

In advance, many thanks for your excellent instructors, extraordinary and comprehensive materials.

In my opinion, your course will be better if you use more examples. The concepts are full of mathematical equations, and these are so useful for good understanding; however, students will learn better if they see some mathematical or programming exercises, like the final quiz. I mean "Practical Learning" (plus concepts), with solving some problems via equations or conceptual matters.

best wishes to you and Ecole Polytechnique.

By RAJESH P G

May 15, 2020

Thank you Prof. Emmanueland his team for making the course easier to understand and use it in our daily lives. Hoping to read others courses as well.