Back to Our Energy Future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Our Energy Future by University of California San Diego

This course is designed to introduce students to the issues of energy in the 21st century – including food and fuels – which are inseparably linked – and will discuss energy production and utilization from the biology, engineering, economics, climate science, and social science perspectives. This course will cover the current production and utilization of energy, as well as the consequences of this use, examining finite fossil energy reserves, how food and energy are linked, impacts on the environment and climate, and the social and economic impacts of our present energy and food production and use. After the introductory lectures, we will examine the emerging field of sustainable energy, fuel and food production, emphasizing the importance of developing energy efficient and sustainable methods of production, and how these new technologies can contribute to replacing the diminishing supplies of fossil fuels, and reduce the consequences of carbon dioxide release into the environment. This course will also cover the importance of creating a sustainable energy future for all societies including those of the developing world. Lectures will be prepared and delivered by leading UC San Diego and Scripps Institution of Oceanography faculty and industry professionals across these areas of expertise....

AM

Sep 29, 2016

Very informative course even for someone with a prior knowledge in a particular segment in renewable energy. Covers diverse energy resources along with economic, and environmental considerations.

JJ

Oct 31, 2016

Great learning experience! Easy way to get an idea of the work that is being done to better our lives in the future in terms of energy. Very interesting lectures and would highly recommend it.

26 - 50 of 193 Reviews for Our Energy Future

By Túlio A C B L

Apr 19, 2018

Excellent course. A good introduction on the future of energy, and particularly on a new generation of biofuels. Also Professor Mayfield has a lot of charisma and you see the passion he transmits on this course. Certainly an enjoyable as informative experience.

By Ujjawal S

Aug 03, 2018

A very detailed analysis of the present scenario of energy and also what our energy future will be like. Excellent presentations by the various scientists and teachers on the various energy fields. Great Q&A sessions by Steven Mayfield. Great Course.

By Lim Z H

Aug 03, 2020

This course was informative and provided an in depth view of energy consumption and how we are copying with it. I learned how to energy supply could be increased to meet the growing demands. However, we should also cut down on the amount of demands.

By Prithveeraj W

Sep 13, 2019

Course has diverse content from fields like biology, nuclear energy, wind energy, solar energy, semiconductors, energy economics, climate change analysis, etc all clubbed together giving a broader perspective about sustainable energy solutions.

By ADARSH a

Aug 05, 2020

Fabulous course. Gives detailed insight into all sources of energy presently available to mankind. Only drawback is that it's not up to date. The course takes facts and references dating back to 2013-15. But overall a very good course.

By Maat Y O C

Jun 04, 2020

I really liked this course, it provided the overall information about energy and I think It really changes the way I see the world know. I completely recommend It.

Thanks to all the great professors that participated in this course.

By Luis A L O

Sep 04, 2017

This is the first course that I have done on Coursera and I have to write: it has exceeded my expectations, It have give me tools to go forward in my studies about energy. I'm waiting for a course with updates about this subject!

By Birgilio R C

May 19, 2018

Great course, the importance of education about our consumes is what will help communities in all the planet to search for proper technologies, inter act and search for local and global solutions to reduce CO2 emissions.

By Nakkeeran. E ( E

Jun 28, 2020

Very valuable and important course for the day today life. All human beings particularly engineers irrespective of streams have to study this and learn. Most things taught in the course are very useful and important.

By Ulyana C

Mar 15, 2017

it wasn't smg that i expected . too much chemistry instead of physics and explanation how are things working. really long hours to complete a homework but it was worth it! in the end i really enjoyed the course

By aldofournies

Jan 28, 2016

It's a excelent course to study the all perspective about the energy situation in the world. Covering the poor and rich countries and diferents technicals skills to develop new and innovation s

By Alberto O

Dec 02, 2019

It was a very helpful course! I didn't knew a lot about biofuels, so it was very complementary with the knowledge I already had about other technologies and their sustainable development.

By Fernando B

Dec 26, 2016

Me gusto mucísimo el curso. 90% de la información es nueva para mí y sé que la aprovecharé para desarrollar una idea que tengo para crear mi propia empresa que sea ambientalmente amigable

By Fernando M

Jul 26, 2019

This course is recomendable because it includes multiple approach, pros and cons, different alternatives, explain the situation around the world. in summary a very complete course.

By laila k k

Jul 07, 2019

Even though without scientific background, I found this course simply brilliant. Pragmatic, with much data on the future sources of energy that I hope will replace fossil fuels...

By Shivaji S K

Oct 03, 2015

One of the great course I ever attended...well structured, very fruitful...definitely guided me to do something for clean energy and green environment..Thank you all professors...

By Dhairyarajsinh G

Jul 13, 2020

Excellent content of the course. Only one suggestion Please upgrade the course as its almost 8 years old data . The renewable energy science has changed a lot in this 8 years.

By Cristina D O G

May 26, 2017

It gives great insight into biofuel production, but also how other renewable energies work, and the necessity of them coming together to cope with global energy demand :)

By Jim L

Jan 02, 2019

A very thorough survey of clean energy options, with an emphasis on bio-fuels. Numerous lectures by leading experts in their respective fields. Very well done.

By Nancy W

Sep 18, 2018

A lot of really great material, and the Week 9 "Office Hours" are well worth the time. The course would benefit from mentoring and perhaps some more recent data,

By Michael D H

Mar 19, 2020

A very interesting course that really does explain all the renewable energies in great detail and what effect our civilisation is having on the planet.

By lucas s

Apr 05, 2020

Excellent course,i learned lot of things and the thing that there were lot of professonals really motivated me! Thanks for this course and experience!

By Andres F D M

Jan 22, 2017

Fantastic course, great material and very complete and insightful. It would be great if the information could be upgraded to see how we currently are.

By Irving E G

Apr 25, 2016

An excellent course for environmentally conscious individuals interested in the different options we have to create a 100% renewable energy future.

By Sachindra C N W

Jun 06, 2020

Excellent course providing insight to a vast array of renewable energy options such as wind, solar, nuclear, with particular emphasis on biofuels.