Back to Our Energy Future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Our Energy Future by University of California San Diego

This course is designed to introduce students to the issues of energy in the 21st century – including food and fuels – which are inseparably linked – and will discuss energy production and utilization from the biology, engineering, economics, climate science, and social science perspectives. This course will cover the current production and utilization of energy, as well as the consequences of this use, examining finite fossil energy reserves, how food and energy are linked, impacts on the environment and climate, and the social and economic impacts of our present energy and food production and use. After the introductory lectures, we will examine the emerging field of sustainable energy, fuel and food production, emphasizing the importance of developing energy efficient and sustainable methods of production, and how these new technologies can contribute to replacing the diminishing supplies of fossil fuels, and reduce the consequences of carbon dioxide release into the environment. This course will also cover the importance of creating a sustainable energy future for all societies including those of the developing world. Lectures will be prepared and delivered by leading UC San Diego and Scripps Institution of Oceanography faculty and industry professionals across these areas of expertise....

AM
Sep 28, 2016

Very informative course even for someone with a prior knowledge in a particular segment in renewable energy. Covers diverse energy resources along with economic, and environmental considerations.

JJ
Oct 30, 2016

Great learning experience! Easy way to get an idea of the work that is being done to better our lives in the future in terms of energy. Very interesting lectures and would highly recommend it.

126 - 150 of 269 Reviews for Our Energy Future

By Conrado M M

Sep 4, 2017

Excelente curso, com conteúdo muito bem elaborado e ótimo ambiente de aprendizado.

By Paul J L

Aug 17, 2015

Difficult course. If this is what you are interested in,the work is all worth it.

By Ong K H

Jun 13, 2020

Really interesting course and especially relevant in the world we live in today!

By Gustavo E R

Apr 13, 2021

Very good course, I didn't even know plenty of things presented here. Amazing!

By Anand R

Mar 30, 2019

A very good overview about the future needs and present progress in this area

By Carlos D F

Oct 21, 2015

Great course. Very useful information and very wide approach to the subject.

By Nicholas M R

Jan 3, 2016

Excellent, in-depth overview of today's challenges for Our Energy Future

By Tomasz K

Jun 13, 2017

Extremely interesting, well organized course. Highly recommended!

By Raghavendra P C

Nov 30, 2015

good course with detailed information. I enjoyed by part of this.

By Gustavo A

Jul 13, 2020

Fue más de lo que esperaba, realmente me gustó mucho este curso.

By Lincon U T

Sep 11, 2015

This course is awesome! Im finishing it and its very complete!

By Cecilia G

Oct 8, 2016

Me encanta, ojalá pudiera pagar por obtener el certificado :(

By S N H S

Jul 12, 2020

I really enjoy the course. Thanks to all my smart lecturers.

By SHAMIM A

Jul 3, 2021

really nice experience ,and i have learned something new

By Julius K

Apr 9, 2019

Immensely informative and interesting at the same time !

By Radha K G

Jan 9, 2019

It is so useful for my course work thank you so much sir

By Rogelio S G R

Jan 28, 2018

Excelente, una visión holística que vale la pena conocer

By Roel C

Nov 22, 2016

An eye opener on the energy possibilities of the future!

By Alfredo C

Jan 17, 2021

Great course. It will be nice if UCSD update the course

By Ayokunle O

Mar 2, 2017

I think everybody should at least have this knowledge.

By anurag g

Jul 22, 2021

It gave a wide infiinfo about our sweet envirobment I

By Joe f

May 25, 2021

V​ery good course, informative and thought provoking!

By David A

May 7, 2016

.....................................................

By Marianne A

Sep 27, 2020

This was a great introduction to the "big picture".

By M R K

Apr 27, 2020

Nice course to me and it is used for our future!!!