Back to Our Energy Future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Our Energy Future by University of California San Diego

This course is designed to introduce students to the issues of energy in the 21st century – including food and fuels – which are inseparably linked – and will discuss energy production and utilization from the biology, engineering, economics, climate science, and social science perspectives. This course will cover the current production and utilization of energy, as well as the consequences of this use, examining finite fossil energy reserves, how food and energy are linked, impacts on the environment and climate, and the social and economic impacts of our present energy and food production and use. After the introductory lectures, we will examine the emerging field of sustainable energy, fuel and food production, emphasizing the importance of developing energy efficient and sustainable methods of production, and how these new technologies can contribute to replacing the diminishing supplies of fossil fuels, and reduce the consequences of carbon dioxide release into the environment. This course will also cover the importance of creating a sustainable energy future for all societies including those of the developing world. Lectures will be prepared and delivered by leading UC San Diego and Scripps Institution of Oceanography faculty and industry professionals across these areas of expertise....

AM
Sep 28, 2016

Very informative course even for someone with a prior knowledge in a particular segment in renewable energy. Covers diverse energy resources along with economic, and environmental considerations.

JJ
Oct 30, 2016

Great learning experience! Easy way to get an idea of the work that is being done to better our lives in the future in terms of energy. Very interesting lectures and would highly recommend it.

101 - 125 of 275 Reviews for Our Energy Future

By Lars B

Nov 24, 2016

A very good overview of energy that opened my eyes for how to solve in a sustainable way the global warming and food issues.

By Shreya R

A very informative course. I learned about energy, renewable energy, economics of energy. Thanks to the course professors.

By Mustafa A A H

Jul 30, 2021

c​omperhansive course taght by experts in energy feild. Thank you Dr. Stephen for giving us this opprtunity to learn.

By Abhishek S

Sep 22, 2020

great understanding and knowledge obtained about multiple sources of energy & efficiency to improve from this course.

By Muhammad R

Dec 26, 2015

Excellent course for those who have interest in Renewable Energy and very comprehensive and informative for everyone.

By Richard M

Dec 10, 2016

Excellent course with well explained instructions. Broad range of topics and in depth enough to have a good grasp o

By 76_Prajeskumar P

Jan 24, 2021

Excellent informations were provided by this course on our present energy environment & future energy environment.

By Tommaso A

May 14, 2020

Great course with fantastic teachers. I learned a lot about energy and environmental problems. Highly recommended.

By Vladimir P

Mar 20, 2020

Really learned a lot and it was just the thing I was looking for. I feel I can apply this knowledge in the future.

By Richard H

Apr 30, 2016

I am a retired US Army Officer and Wind Energy Professional. This is a superb course and is immensely relevant.

By Vishwaknath R P

Apr 7, 2019

I am very thankful to the instructors as they allowed me to learn some great things about OUR ENERGY FUTURE

By Pawan K S

Nov 7, 2017

its an awesome course....everyone should have to study this...it should our responsibility to do it....

By João N

Jun 29, 2016

Excellent teachers, thanks to you all.

Dr. Stephen Mayfield inspire respect for the subject, Congrats!

Oct 6, 2016

They give an overview of the most used and innovative sources of alternative energy, well explained!!

By fadi k

Aug 24, 2016

very encouraging course , nicely put and very hard work to put all these themes together.Thank you

By Srinivasan R 1

Jun 7, 2020

Detailed explanations and a great initiative to improve students knowledge about the environment.

By Ludwig v B T

Feb 15, 2018

It's a great course to understand energy demand a supply in a broad sense. I totally recomend it.

By Karina W

Mar 13, 2021

Very comprehensive look at energy and the environmental, social, political and economic impacts.

By Aleksandrs P

Jul 3, 2017

An excellent course that covers all aspects of modern energy challenges. Definitely recommend!

By Idris A A

Nov 3, 2015

Because of this course, I'm considering a masters degree in the Field of Energy, In sha Allah

By José D R C

Sep 18, 2017

Interesting insights on energy sources and how we can make use of them. simple and explicit!

By Margareth A P L

Oct 13, 2020

Es un muy buen curso, me gustaron la mayoría de las presentaciones y la dinámica del mismo.

By Jose B

Jan 6, 2018

Great course, giving students a good understanding of the current and future energy issues

By Abdur R B

May 12, 2018

Very informative perspective of the Energy Landscope. Thanks to Prof. Mayfield and UCSD.

By Margaux D d M

Jun 27, 2016

This helped me to understand much better what is Sustainable Energy and what it implies.