Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

BM

Jun 17, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

FL

May 23, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

26 - 50 of 612 Reviews for Gamification

By Magali R

Apr 04, 2017

This course is very dense and requires a large amount of time but it's worth it. There's rich and deep content, useful tools, and warnings. I like the emphasis on ethics and the thought for the players. Pleasant alternation between quiz and written assignements to manage the workload, and assigment on credible case is great to build condifence in the use of the content of the course and on future real implementation. Thanks ! That was a great experience !

By Ricardo P

Jul 02, 2017

Kevin Werbach is an awesome professor with an awesome way of portraying this topic. Lots of examples and real-life examples help reinforce the theory behind all that is learnt from the course. Even tho sometimes the quizes have some questions about some really minor topics that we sometimes don't focus on during the classes, we can always go back and review the contents! Really happy for this being my first coursera course.! More on the way for sure!

By Oleksandr T

Jan 04, 2017

I liked this course really much. Fortunately, book "For the Win" was published in Russian as well, so I read it as well. What I can say about both of it - I liked it a lot.

I like games and I like to work in business, so this course was kinda solution for me explaining, how can I do both of it same time. Also, I got lots of practical advices and examples about it.

Thanks, Mr. Kevin Werbach for the course and the book.

Greetings from Ukraine!

By Alyona B

Jan 13, 2016

I've known a lot of new intresting things from the Course. There were excellent interviews with people who have a deep practical background in the area. After the course you'll be able not just to gamify but get a much deeper understanding on how to make your service successfull, understand your users, understand the triggers that actually work in IT area. Very very useful, highly recommend. Kevin Werbach knows how to engage his audience.

By Nikoloz C

Aug 27, 2017

It was the first online course that I took and it is really excellent. As for a teacher with a couple of decades of experience I can't say that it was compleat revelation. But Prof. Werbach is so inspiring that a lot of ideas of using of Gamification just started generating in my head. I am quite sure that a great future is awaiting for this interesting subject. I would be happy to thank Cousera and Prof. Werbach for your priceless work!

By Paul D B

Feb 13, 2016

Absolutely fascinating course, taught by an intelligent, funny, professor. I would love to take more courses from Prof. Werbach!

As a long-time gamer (35+ years) this course was so interesting, on so many levels. It's going to take a while to digest everything I've learned. In the meantime, I will be purchasing the professor's book as a token of gratitude for the availability of this course....and to learn more about gamification!

By Savithri R

Jul 03, 2017

Thank you Professor Kevin Werbach for the wonderful lectures. A layperson like me who has no idea of gamification could understand the lectures and complete the course.

The assignments and the quizzes were beautifully designed and helped me learn more about the course. I have bought the book Professor and I intend to keep learning some more from the book. Thank you Sir and the entire team of Coursera for making this happen for me.

By Dario S K J

Dec 23, 2016

The course is very well structured, explanations are clear and Kevin makes everything light and easy to understand, breaking down bigger concepts into smaller pieces of information, as well as providing plenty of examples.

The exercises are also very practical and require a strong understanding of the main concepts, so they work very well to assess student progress.

Overall an amazing course - comprehensive, interesting and light.

By Javier R

Apr 03, 2018

I loved this course, the way in which the teacher approached the subjects very light & fun yet deep & professional, having always a game-like mindset (never forgetting to give examples of how the learned mechanics would work in a gaming experience).

I'm definitely buying this course on the future & I hope there are more of them regarding this games & business subject.

Thankful for having participated in this experience. Javier.

By Sagar L

Feb 09, 2020

The course excellent analyzes and explains all the concepts relating to Human Psychology in the context of interaction and involvement with Game Elements. Not just from an academic and theoretical subject point of view but the course will also help the students to understand the impact of real-world strategies adopted by governments and organisations world-wide. A must do course for everyone!

By Yura

Oct 26, 2016

Enlightening, useful, engaging and motivating! That is how I describe this course. Professor Werbach manner of teaching and information presentation made the course interesting to learn and pleasurable to participate in. I believe that knowledge gained in this course could and should be applied to many varieties of business and social enterprises. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

By Chidi D

Mar 14, 2016

This course is rewarding. I have been looking for a new field to move into and i have found one. Thank you. I just finish taking the course and i know i have seen great future ahead. Gamification is quite broader than we think. It will take the world into a dimension than we think. The name might change. It is quite amazing. You will see the application in areas you never thought before.

By Alexey F

May 07, 2016

I used to work as a game designer for five years, creating multiplayer social games for Facebook and web browser MMO games, later couple gamification projects for services. I've learned this profession on my own, reading articles and books. I came here with a goal to refresh my memories, but I've learned new things too. It was an enjoyable experience, and I'm thankful for that.

By Denise G B

Sep 21, 2017

Excelente curso! Trata desde a história da gamificação, a suas primeiras aparições, e aplicações. Aborda como os elementos dos jogos colaboram para motivação pessoal, social e corporativa. No curso você aprende todos os aspectos da metodologia e mostra exemplos desta ferramenta no dia a dia. Com Este curso você aprenderá a usar este método para o crescimento do seu projeto.

By Mohamed A T K

Jan 17, 2016

A *Very* rich course on the novel topic, and although introductory, it will open the whole scope of gamification wide in front of you for further research and learning. The instructor is knowledgeable and fun, the assignments are a litter harder than the Coursera course average but that adds a challenging sense to it. Recommended course if the topic is of interest to you.

By Martin J

Apr 01, 2017

Gamified course on gamification. Prof. Werbach goes from very basics through psychology concepts and game elements to solid framework to use for your gamification work. This all with MANY examples and references to books and videos. Prof. Werbach shows you, that not everything, that you thought works in gamification actualy works, explains why not a what to use instead.

By Peggy D L

Jun 07, 2017

Excellent! I would take it again just to get the references and information I know I missed. I teach at a University, using games and simulations in both undergrad and graduate courses. This gave me a deeper understanding of games and gamification. I've purchased some of the materials mentioned in the course for further reading. Thanks, Kevin, for a great course!

By Sergei G

Jan 08, 2017

The course is very well organized, balanced with theory and practice; will give you broad scope of what gamification is where it can be applied. The course is full of insights that can be used in real life. I like everithing in the course, the content, the teacher, the students and how all the parts are connected to each other.

Big thank to the authors! Just great!

By Parisha J

Jan 20, 2019

Amazing! I was totally hooked to the course and kept on coming back, especially to hear the instructor's one-liners every now and then. Jokes apart, Kevin Werbach did a fabulous job!

I was intrinsically motivated to do this course all this while and felt elated upon its completion. Thanks a lot everyone who contributed towards creating this course :D

By Anusha S

Feb 13, 2017

This course was very well structured, and I can immediately identify learnings from the course that I can apply in my work as I am trying to design a gamified system for my customers. I loved the use of examples that I could look up immediately while new concepts were being introduced.Thank you to Prof. Warbech and his team for putting this together!

By MARÍA D B R

Sep 06, 2019

Great experience! I love the explanations of professor Kevin Werbach so clear and complete. I have had feedback everytime throughout the course through the explanations, activities and forums. All the concepts related to gamification are explained and also possible drawbacks we can find when gamifying. The future is open for us to play. Thankyou

By Sharon L

Feb 10, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. I appreciated that the lectures were divided into short 7-15 minute videos so I could squeeze a few in over lunch at my desk. I also appreciated the slides which I downloaded, exported to powerpoint and used to take notes. Professor Werbach was an engaging instructor and put together a well-designed online course.

By Enio P d A

Jan 02, 2016

Very complete!

This course covers many important issues from different areas of knowledge under the perspective of motivation and behaviour change.

---------------------------------

Muito completo !

Este curso aborda muitas questões importantes de diferentes áreas do conhecimento sob a perspectiva de motivação e mudança de comportamento.

By Victor H C N

Jan 28, 2020

I am grateful for the creators of this course for the hyper detailed research and the deep history of recent events. These "secret wars" happening right in the corner in the eye deserved a cold harsh look, to master those tools and when to recognize when those tools are used on us. Thank you again for the sharp minded Coursera team.

By CLEBER D S S

Jun 12, 2018

This is one of the best courses I have ever done! I just fell in love with everything! Congratulations to everyone who participated in the course! You contributed a lot to my life! The coursera goes beyond teaching, it changes people's lives and makes believe that we are all capable of achieving our goals !! God bless all!!! ;-)