Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

FL
May 22, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

BM
Jun 16, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

51 - 75 of 715 Reviews for Gamification

By Javier R

Apr 3, 2018

I loved this course, the way in which the teacher approached the subjects very light & fun yet deep & professional, having always a game-like mindset (never forgetting to give examples of how the learned mechanics would work in a gaming experience).

I'm definitely buying this course on the future & I hope there are more of them regarding this games & business subject.

Thankful for having participated in this experience. Javier.

By Bokang M

Sep 27, 2021

This course is enough to prepare you for being a gamification consultant. It is very detailed and comprehensive. You're given most if not all tools, frameworks and theories that can be applied in different scenarios depending on your gamification project's context. Every theory and framework is presented with pros and cons so that you are equipped to make informed decision bases on your use case. This is a great course!!!

By Sagar L

Feb 8, 2020

The course excellent analyzes and explains all the concepts relating to Human Psychology in the context of interaction and involvement with Game Elements. Not just from an academic and theoretical subject point of view but the course will also help the students to understand the impact of real-world strategies adopted by governments and organisations world-wide. A must do course for everyone!

By Yura

Oct 26, 2016

Enlightening, useful, engaging and motivating! That is how I describe this course. Professor Werbach manner of teaching and information presentation made the course interesting to learn and pleasurable to participate in. I believe that knowledge gained in this course could and should be applied to many varieties of business and social enterprises. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

By Chidi D

Mar 14, 2016

This course is rewarding. I have been looking for a new field to move into and i have found one. Thank you. I just finish taking the course and i know i have seen great future ahead. Gamification is quite broader than we think. It will take the world into a dimension than we think. The name might change. It is quite amazing. You will see the application in areas you never thought before.

By Alexey F

May 7, 2016

I used to work as a game designer for five years, creating multiplayer social games for Facebook and web browser MMO games, later couple gamification projects for services. I've learned this profession on my own, reading articles and books. I came here with a goal to refresh my memories, but I've learned new things too. It was an enjoyable experience, and I'm thankful for that.

By Fleur Y

Sep 19, 2021

J'ai adoré le cours du professeur Werbach ! Le contenu est très dense. L'approche est ludique (quelle mise en abyme !). Les exemples concrets sont nombreux. Les références sont accessibles. Qu'on soit novice en marketing ou en management ou expert, ce cours donne des pistes de réflexions intéressantes et un cadre formel pour construire des systèmes gamifié. Merci et Bravo !

By Denise G B

Sep 21, 2017

Excelente curso! Trata desde a história da gamificação, a suas primeiras aparições, e aplicações. Aborda como os elementos dos jogos colaboram para motivação pessoal, social e corporativa. No curso você aprende todos os aspectos da metodologia e mostra exemplos desta ferramenta no dia a dia. Com Este curso você aprenderá a usar este método para o crescimento do seu projeto.

By Mohamed A T K

Jan 17, 2016

A *Very* rich course on the novel topic, and although introductory, it will open the whole scope of gamification wide in front of you for further research and learning. The instructor is knowledgeable and fun, the assignments are a litter harder than the Coursera course average but that adds a challenging sense to it. Recommended course if the topic is of interest to you.

By Martin J

Apr 1, 2017

Gamified course on gamification. Prof. Werbach goes from very basics through psychology concepts and game elements to solid framework to use for your gamification work. This all with MANY examples and references to books and videos. Prof. Werbach shows you, that not everything, that you thought works in gamification actualy works, explains why not a what to use instead.

By Peggy D L

Jun 7, 2017

Excellent! I would take it again just to get the references and information I know I missed. I teach at a University, using games and simulations in both undergrad and graduate courses. This gave me a deeper understanding of games and gamification. I've purchased some of the materials mentioned in the course for further reading. Thanks, Kevin, for a great course!

By Sergey M G

Jan 8, 2017

The course is very well organized, balanced with theory and practice; will give you broad scope of what gamification is where it can be applied. The course is full of insights that can be used in real life. I like everithing in the course, the content, the teacher, the students and how all the parts are connected to each other.

Big thank to the authors! Just great!

By Angélica A S

Jul 11, 2020

Un curso muy útil. Brinda un conocimiento que, aunque es de un nivel básico, es bastante profundo, no es superficial. Realmente es un curso que me ha dado unas herramientas básicas para diseñar sistemas gamificados en mi contexto laboral que es la educación virtual. Además, me motivó a seguir estudiando acerca de la gamificación en nivels más avanzados.

By Parisha J

Jan 20, 2019

Amazing! I was totally hooked to the course and kept on coming back, especially to hear the instructor's one-liners every now and then. Jokes apart, Kevin Werbach did a fabulous job!

I was intrinsically motivated to do this course all this while and felt elated upon its completion. Thanks a lot everyone who contributed towards creating this course :D

By Anusha S

Feb 13, 2017

This course was very well structured, and I can immediately identify learnings from the course that I can apply in my work as I am trying to design a gamified system for my customers. I loved the use of examples that I could look up immediately while new concepts were being introduced.Thank you to Prof. Warbech and his team for putting this together!

By Niranjan K

Jul 13, 2021

This is an amazing course. It covers all the aspects required to integrate gamification to business or other contexts. It also covers many psychological concepts, such as behaviorism and motivation theory. And it helped me understand reward structures. I would recommend everyone to take this course. It's really fun. The instructor is just great.

By MARÍA D B R

Sep 6, 2019

Great experience! I love the explanations of professor Kevin Werbach so clear and complete. I have had feedback everytime throughout the course through the explanations, activities and forums. All the concepts related to gamification are explained and also possible drawbacks we can find when gamifying. The future is open for us to play. Thankyou

By Sharon L

Feb 10, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. I appreciated that the lectures were divided into short 7-15 minute videos so I could squeeze a few in over lunch at my desk. I also appreciated the slides which I downloaded, exported to powerpoint and used to take notes. Professor Werbach was an engaging instructor and put together a well-designed online course.

By Enio P d A

Jan 2, 2016

Very complete!

This course covers many important issues from different areas of knowledge under the perspective of motivation and behaviour change.

---------------------------------

Muito completo !

Este curso aborda muitas questões importantes de diferentes áreas do conhecimento sob a perspectiva de motivação e mudança de comportamento.

By Victor H C N

Jan 28, 2020

I am grateful for the creators of this course for the hyper detailed research and the deep history of recent events. These "secret wars" happening right in the corner in the eye deserved a cold harsh look, to master those tools and when to recognize when those tools are used on us. Thank you again for the sharp minded Coursera team.

By Cleber S

Jun 11, 2018

This is one of the best courses I have ever done! I just fell in love with everything! Congratulations to everyone who participated in the course! You contributed a lot to my life! The coursera goes beyond teaching, it changes people's lives and makes believe that we are all capable of achieving our goals !! God bless all!!! ;-)

By Carl W

Mar 10, 2016

This is an excellent course on Gamification, or how to add game elements to your website, mobile app or business to make it more compelling and fun. I learned so much about psychology and motivation. I also learned about how NOT to slap game elements together to gamify something without being clear about the objectives.

By Andrés M

Es el mejor curso que he realizado en años porque no sólo veo su real aplicación dentro de mi profesión como profesional de Recursos Humanos sino que también despertó una pasión en mi y un tremendo interés de seguir especializándome en este tema que ayuda a lograr los objetivos de diversos negocios presentes y futuros.

By Alexandre R d C

Nov 10, 2015

Awesome course!!! Recommend for every that need or want to know about Gamification.... and a big bônus is the Professor Werbach, so nice and intelligent... hard study, but with a lot of fun too.... I liked and suggested for new students!!!

Congratulations coursera and congratulations professor Kevin Werbach!!!

By Guilherme E C M

Dec 17, 2017

This was an interesting and well structured course that definitely delivered substantial amounts of quality information about gamification. The quizzes and assignments were challenging, but not impossible to complete and pass. Plus, being able to look at other students' assignments also helped to fixate the content.