Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

BM

Jun 17, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

FL

May 23, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

51 - 75 of 597 Reviews for Gamification

Jul 28, 2017

AWESOME TRAINING COURSE

By Anusha S

Feb 13, 2017

This course was very well structured, and I can immediately identify learnings from the course that I can apply in my work as I am trying to design a gamified system for my customers. I loved the use of examples that I could look up immediately while new concepts were being introduced.Thank you to Prof. Warbech and his team for putting this together!

By Yao D

Jul 31, 2017

The first coursera class that I actually finished! Very good at keeping me motivated with applicable information and engaging lectures!!

By Mohamed A T K

Jan 17, 2016

A *Very* rich course on the novel topic, and although introductory, it will open the whole scope of gamification wide in front of you for further research and learning. The instructor is knowledgeable and fun, the assignments are a litter harder than the Coursera course average but that adds a challenging sense to it. Recommended course if the topic is of interest to you.

By Doug H

Jan 07, 2016

This course has excellent and interesting content, is reasonably rigorous, and will help you to generate useful ideas.

By Vincent N

Nov 21, 2016

I really enjoyed the course. Thanks some much to Prof. Werbach and the team.

By Jorge A G

Dec 17, 2016

This course is great to understand how a game like design can change deeply the outcome.

By Engin D

Jan 25, 2016

I like this course and decide to give 5 stars before ending the course. Because i learn many things that i need.

By Augusto G

Jan 12, 2018

Excellent. It gave me lots to think about and definatelly a big background to work on using gamification techniques.

By Rafael d P C

Sep 12, 2017

I really liked the theme.

I've been fond of video games since I was a kid.

The teacher has very good didactics.

By Sergii Z

Dec 15, 2015

Great course. Professor Werbach gives materials with lots of excitement and explains everything with great details and examples. I've passed the course twice (second time for Coursera Certificate) and both time it was great experience.

By Mica A

Feb 08, 2016

Highly recommend this intriguing course. It covers psychology, behavioural economics, motivation, employee and customer engagement and of course elements of game design. The assignments are a blend of quizzes - which can be tricky! - and 3 written papers which allow for a lot of fun and creativity in putting the theory you cover into practice. A course with real meat on its bones, you'll come away with a lot of learning and start seeing gamification all around you. More courses like this, please!

By Omar V A S

Jun 05, 2017

It was simple and has a lot of information.

By David J S L

Aug 20, 2016

Excellent fusion of psychology and management.

By Paulo H S M S

Jul 28, 2017

Awesome!! Despite an old course, everything was actually new to me. Very interesting, this will certainly help with my PhD.

By Pablo I P E

Mar 21, 2016

Amazing, it's my second time and you have no idea how useful this is!!

By Antonio C V

Dec 22, 2015

Great! We're in week 3 and I'm learning and enjoying a lot.

By Denis V

Dec 14, 2017

AMAIZING COURSE

By Dave S

May 08, 2016

Enjoyable but also somewhat challenging course. Instructor's lectures are excellent.

By Chase H

Jul 25, 2017

I really like the way we do peer review on our assignments where we exchange feebacks and ideas with other students. That really gives me more feeling that I am not just taking an online course but also I am in this learning community. I guess this is especially helpful to introverted people like me who doesn't have much energy participating in the forum. I have been working in the online game industry for more than 7 years and only recently I got to the concept of gamification. By taking this course I believe I not only learned a lot more about gamification, but also I got to learn more of why some games are better than the other. Big thanks for offering this course I will definitely be taking any follow up courses in this space.

By Mihai

Mar 16, 2016

Great course.

By Rowan A H

Nov 18, 2016

Brilliant course! This is a really interesting and exciting (sometimes a bit scary) field. Thanks so much to Professor Werbach for putting this all together. There is not a single person I would not recommend this course to.

By Mario A G S

Oct 22, 2017

The course was great! I am applying every topic of that course in my work.

By Manikandan E

Nov 02, 2016

I really enjoyed this course! Learned a lot! Thanks a lot Professor Kevin!