Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

BM

Jun 17, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

FL

May 23, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

76 - 100 of 606 Reviews for Gamification

By Gautam G

May 05, 2016

This course add a new dimension in my career. It changes my thoughts I really appreciate and recommended this course. Special thanks to Professor Kevin Werbach to offer such rich course materials and share his remarkable thoughts on Gamification.

By Hugo C

May 03, 2019

Um curso excelente! Aplicado de maneira maestral pelo professor.

Não pensei que é fácil assimilar os conceitos envolvidos, pois são muitos, do mesmo modo que é um verdadeiro desafio aplica-los à prática.Mas é possível e muito divertido tudo isso,

By Regina K

Jul 26, 2017

A very comprehensive and enlightening course containing a lot of helpful examples and very well explained by the teacher. I strongly recommend this course to everybody who wants to get a good understanding on gamification and its application.

By Jasper Z

Feb 13, 2016

Absolutely enjoyed learning about Gamification! Kevin explaines every aspect very well and it made me learn how to think as a game designer. I'm definately going to use my knowledge in practical situations! Thanks for all, I learned a lot!

By Martyna C

Feb 09, 2016

This course was extremely informative, eye-opening and pleasureable. I've learned a lot during these 6 weeks. I strongly recommend this coure for everyone because it's not only about business but also about self development and motivation.

By Alexander G

Mar 05, 2019

Great course! Very useful. It's really important that you disuss not only advantages of gamifification but also limits and threats. I wish the course soon would be more up to date. Thanks a lot for this profound and very practical course!

By Santiago L E

May 08, 2017

Disfrute mucho aprendiendo sobre este tema. Las últimas 2 semanas ya se iba haciendo duro sacar el tiempo para terminar el curso. Uno comienza muy animado pero al final, aunque los temas son interesantes, otras cosas se vuelven prioridad.

By Matheus V

Jan 10, 2018

Muito bem estruturado e explicado, o professor aborda extremamente bem os temas e de forma clara com os exemplos bem detalhados, eu gostei bastante do curso e recomendaria com certeza para alguém que queira saber mais sobre gamficação.

By Sergii Z

Dec 15, 2015

Great course. Professor Werbach gives materials with lots of excitement and explains everything with great details and examples. I've passed the course twice (second time for Coursera Certificate) and both time it was great experience.

By Kadri A

Dec 21, 2015

Excellent course if you want to get an overview but also jump into some detail. The lecturer is really good and explaines everything very well, uses a lot of examples which makes it even easier to understand. Good assignements, too!

By Catia R

Dec 18, 2017

For those who want to start to better understand and use the gamification system, this course is very interesting because it covers in a general way all the concepts related to the system. The tasks performed were very interesting.

By Alexander E L

Feb 15, 2016

El profesor Kevin Werbach, nos entrega un inglés excelente para aquellos que no somos de habla inglesa.

Es un curso divertido, de clases livianas y lleno de información extra con la que se puede seguir aprendiendo fuera del curso.

By Rajan R

May 06, 2017

Course delivery is superb, and the support is outstanding as well. Whatever misgivings are my own concerning gamification. I foresee more and more of gamification designs that would miss the substance for the form.

Rajan Ramasamy

By Cristian V

Mar 12, 2016

The teaching quality is excellent. The course is complete and detailed. The teacher seems to have real intention of making you understand what gamification is, what can it do for good and what are the dangers and the criticism.

By Abhijith C

Aug 01, 2017

Very interesting! the peer-graded assignments were fun to do. Prof. Werbach explains the concepts so clearly! His way of analysing and breaking down real world examples to explain all the concepts of gamification was a delight

By Andrés C

Oct 19, 2018

It's a great course that gives you all the information, tools and challenges that exist with the gamification but above all it is a course that inspires you, challenges your creativity and demands you to be better every day.

By Rowan A H

Nov 18, 2016

Brilliant course! This is a really interesting and exciting (sometimes a bit scary) field. Thanks so much to Professor Werbach for putting this all together. There is not a single person I would not recommend this course to.

By Deepti U

Aug 04, 2017

Great repository of information on anyone trying to understand gamification better. I also appreciate Prof. Werbach for sticking to the nomenclature of gamification despite a lot of opposition to it existing in the market.

By ariel a

Aug 09, 2016

Fantastic, if you try to change your world you only need a intrinsic motivation find you own rewards. after finish this course. I think like a game designer in my projects and new developments, thanks professor Werbach !!

By Ilse R

Apr 14, 2017

This course is very comprehensive and intresting. It gives you useful handles to implement gamification into your business or life. The assignments make sure you implement the stuff learned in class into real situations.

By Ajeeth P

May 26, 2017

Amazingly well designed program! The tests and assignments are designed to help reinforce and apply all the concepts discussed in the lectures. The course is rigorous but not too difficult that you will get demotivated!

By Abdul R K

Mar 22, 2016

As a Software Developer, I see a great value in such a course, the concept was totally new to me when I first heard about it, and I got a lot of benefit of it, thanks a lot for making it free to go through this course.

By Alexandros I

Jun 01, 2016

This course has the basics of gamification in one place. It really helped me organize and produce my project better and protected me from actions that could prove to be potentially harmful if I had applied them.

By Sebastian B

Nov 29, 2016

Best gamification for enterprise courses out there! Not only it's professionaly taught, but also prof. Kevin Werbach knows how to keep users to watch his course! Pretty fun and educative. I highly recommend it!

By R K M

Nov 29, 2016

Very good one. I really liked the academic approach applied to this new upcoming topic. Future directions are also guided & cautions are provided so the learner is aware of where he/she should be careful of.