Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

BM

Jun 17, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

FL

May 23, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

126 - 150 of 630 Reviews for Gamification

By José S

Mar 29, 2020

Very insightful! Very good content and very thoughtful considerations about the implications of game design techniques. I enjoyed it and it pushed me to study harder than I expected.

By Denis S

Mar 09, 2018

That's super cool. Exceed my expectation 200%. My most valuable take away are self-determination theory, flow, importance of intrinsic motivation, and design framework. Thanks a lot!

By Ong J

Sep 20, 2017

As someone who have no previous knowledge on the course's material, I find Prof. Werbach's lectures clear and fun to follow. I have learnt a lot from both the videos and assignments.

By Richard B

Aug 01, 2016

The whole field of gamification is very helpful to my recent and future projects. I had lots of great aha moments. Listening to Kevin Werbach was easy and fun. Thx also to my peers!

By Darvesh P

Sep 24, 2017

Amazing course, opens up your eyes and makes you realise that bagdes that you get on some website is a clever gamification trick to keep you engaged! Nice and interesting course!

By Tammy M

Apr 01, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and ended up buying the book also. The combination of lecture, interviews, reading and activities was a great way to understand gaming fundamentals.

By Erez M

Jul 04, 2019

At last a course that get provide interesting twist to way companies think. I'm taking this course to understand how I can enhance our agile implementation in the organization.

By Nicolás A B

Apr 04, 2017

Very good course. Well structured, easy to absorb lectures and great examples make's you want to devour it in days, while powerful concepts leave you thinking for a good time.

By Anish B

Feb 10, 2016

This is a course for someone who is absolutely serious about learning Gamification for business. The lecture videos are very thorough and the interviews are very informative.

By Andrew R

Jan 14, 2016

Extremely useful and informative. Is everything you will need to begin gamifying any system right away! Professor covers full range of topics in the perfect level of depth.

By Cansın A

Dec 15, 2015

I enjoyed the course (in general) and find the materials appropriate, if you are a beginner or an intermediate on such topic and interested in, it will probably help you out.

By Libor Z

Sep 26, 2016

I really liked the course, its range and complexity and how engagingly it was presented. Thanks and congratulations to the team around Professor Kevin Werbach for good work!

By liddi

Aug 25, 2016

This is an exceptional course that gives a deep dive into the good, the bad and the ugly of gamification. A well balanced view of benefits and risk. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

By Laura B

Apr 17, 2017

This course provided me with great insides about gamification and explained in a really simple but powerful way how to implement gamification in your activities / business.

By Hector A I

Mar 13, 2017

It's the second time I watch this course. That's how great it is. Prof. Werbach is a master with gamification and the way it explains the course it's just awesome. THANKS!

By Ryan W

Feb 23, 2020

I have learned so much from this course! It has been very useful and given me a better understanding of how Gamification works and can be adapted to real-like scenarios.

By Elena N

Oct 22, 2017

I got great pleasure of this course! He is wonderful! Thanks to Kevin Verbah for his efforts, an interesting presentation of the material and very interesting interviews!

By Alexandrine A

Feb 04, 2017

Absolutely loves this class. Learned a lot and will apply all those gamification concepts in my daily job which is build products as a UX designer. Thanks for this class.

By Iris W

Sep 22, 2016

Awesome trainer and great videos which are easy to follow. The assignments where just right and helped reflect the learning Content and gain a deeper knowledge. Thank you

By Rita V

Aug 29, 2017

Curso Excelente! Ampliou muito meu horizonte de estudo! Me surpreendeu bastante a qualidade do curso! Parabéns Coursera e Universidade da Pensylvania pela oportunidade!

By Ducournau O

Jan 15, 2016

very interesting subject, well explained with a perfect use of the mooc format.

Final exam actually appears to be quite tough (so imply s***** fun according to ... ;-)

By Maribel P

Mar 13, 2016

Thanks a lot.

I find in this course a useful base of knowledge about the fast-growing practice of gamification.

I hope research in this area that is still developing

By JOSE J C F

Mar 03, 2019

I learned about the basic concepts of gamification. The content of the subjects was easy to learn. The examples and exercises facilitate the practice of the theory.

By Richard I

Jan 05, 2016

Excellent course material and presentation. I've taken it before and earned a certification. I'm now taking the course again to refresh my knowledge on the subject.

By David M

Jun 24, 2018

Very well explained, structured, detailed. I had a gamification project but didn't know how to start. The course helped me a lot. Exactly what I was looking for.