Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

FL
May 22, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

BM
Jun 16, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

126 - 150 of 690 Reviews for Gamification

By ariel a

Aug 9, 2016

Fantastic, if you try to change your world you only need a intrinsic motivation find you own rewards. after finish this course. I think like a game designer in my projects and new developments, thanks professor Werbach !!

By Sujata

Jul 5, 2020

It was very informative with good examples. The exercises, quizzes, and the assignments were well thought out and ensured that unless one has looked at all the content and understood it, it is difficult to pass the exam.

By Ilse R

Apr 14, 2017

This course is very comprehensive and intresting. It gives you useful handles to implement gamification into your business or life. The assignments make sure you implement the stuff learned in class into real situations.

By Ajeeth P

May 26, 2017

Amazingly well designed program! The tests and assignments are designed to help reinforce and apply all the concepts discussed in the lectures. The course is rigorous but not too difficult that you will get demotivated!

By Abdul R K

Mar 22, 2016

As a Software Developer, I see a great value in such a course, the concept was totally new to me when I first heard about it, and I got a lot of benefit of it, thanks a lot for making it free to go through this course.

By Pedro H

Jul 17, 2020

Excelente curso, muy buenos contenidos, en ningún momento te hace sentir abrumado por la cantidad de información que entrega si no que te mantiene constantemente motivado a seguir aprendiendo más. 100% recomendable

By Alexandros I

Jun 1, 2016

This course has the basics of gamification in one place. It really helped me organize and produce my project better and protected me from actions that could prove to be potentially harmful if I had applied them.

By Sebastian B

Nov 28, 2016

Best gamification for enterprise courses out there! Not only it's professionaly taught, but also prof. Kevin Werbach knows how to keep users to watch his course! Pretty fun and educative. I highly recommend it!

By Mahdi S

Jun 11, 2020

I am grateful for having the chance to participate in this course. I have studied books and articles and taken part in several courses for Gamification and I want to say it was by far the best and the deepest.

By Amir J

Mar 20, 2020

One of the only courses on Gamification that addresses the concept from all the necessary perspectives. The course is very rich in the academic research especially in the Psychological aspect of Gamification

By R K M

Nov 29, 2016

Very good one. I really liked the academic approach applied to this new upcoming topic. Future directions are also guided & cautions are provided so the learner is aware of where he/she should be careful of.

By Vijai M A

Oct 20, 2016

It's been a great experience going through the course. Kevin is an expert and love his style of delivering the content in a fun manner. Seriously learnt a lot about gamification. exceeded my expectation!!!!

By Akshay S

Jan 12, 2019

Very nice and thorough course with meaningful quizzes and assignments. Only improvement is that it could use a refresh. Many case studies are quite old and I am sure a lot has happened over the last years.

By María T R

Oct 23, 2017

Excelente profesor, muy buena información, super recomendable. El único problema son los subtítulos en español, en varios videos están desincronizados o no están disponibles... y las tareas son en inglés.

By Antonio

Aug 18, 2019

Curso muy interesante sobre las posibilidades de implementar sistemas ludificados en el mundo empresarial así como en las relaciones laborales entre trabajadores. Al fin y al cabo, la vida es un juego :)

By Kelim V

Dec 16, 2017

I learned to be less tense with studies,

understand that through the games there are people who work hard to compose a great gamified system.

Prof. Kevin and team congratulations. I'm already missing. :)

By Christian J

Sep 19, 2016

Very insightful and useful. I already had some knowledge about gamification before I took this course, but I still learned a lot. If you are interested in human behaviour, this is a course you will like.

By Leticia B

Jun 15, 2020

Achei o curso bem completo! Me deu uma ótima visão de como implementar a gamificação em diversos contextos diferentes, levando em consideração todos os pontos positivos e perigos acerca dessa abordagem.

By Sonja M

Jun 6, 2018

One of the best courses I completed on Coursera, very comprehensive and inspiring. Proferssor Werbach is evidently very passionate about the subject and knows how to engage students. Highly recommended!

By Santi H

Aug 9, 2017

The course is great because it lets you gain enough information on the subject easily and motivates you to learn from another sources as well. At the time of this review I haven´t finished the course.

By Monica G S

Mar 13, 2017

Un curso claro, muy bien dirigido y explicado por Prof. Werbach quien sabe enganchar en el tema de manera fluida y entretenida. Ha sido una experiencia muy interesante y más que satisfactoria. GRACIAS!

By Jairo M M

Jan 17, 2016

Este es un curso básico de Gamification que abarca los conceptos al detalle y mediante ejemplos practico de la teoría se facilita el aprendizaje. Felicito al profesor y agradezco el tiempo brindado.

By Meirav M

Jun 25, 2020

Very thorough and enlightening course. I like the level of depth and the various examples.

The tests are very confusing, I would use less multiple choice answers or reduce a bit the threshold.

By Kevin T

Dec 18, 2020

Loved the content. Very pertinent and rich! The peer-review activities are maybe too deep to be actually a peer-review, but, besides that, really good content that I'll definitely recommend.

By Joel C

Jan 31, 2017

A very general course that will provide you with the "overall" look of what gamification is, as well as lots of real world examples of how gamification is being used in real context. Thanks!