Back to Gathering and Developing the News

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gathering and Developing the News by Michigan State University

Journalists develop information through interviews and sources. The most successful journalists quickly master these important skill sets. The production of journalism relies on several elements: newsgathering, interviewing sources, researching and trying to find as much information as possible. The course will also teach you how to where to find information, interviewing skills and how to process information from various sources for publication....

NN
Jul 31, 2020

I really had a wonderful time learning from this course. The explanation was excellent in every video and it gave me a very clear understanding of the topics. Thank you so much for making this course!

DS
Jun 11, 2020

I really enjoyed learning the inside parts to gathering and developing the news! This has taught me very valuable information on how to gather and put together news.\n\nThanks,\n\nDenise S.

76 - 100 of 100 Reviews for Gathering and Developing the News

Jun 26, 2017

cool

By Aadya P

Dec 23, 2020

Very beautifully designed and informative. All professors are learned and interactive. Its just like sitting in a classroom

By Jordan H

Jul 19, 2019

Great content, but implementation of "Peer Eval" system is very spotty and slows down the learning process.

By Tomelilla G

Apr 29, 2020

A valuable and detailed course with practical suggestions

By Jeronne d V

Feb 14, 2021

quizzes are too short. make it harder.

By Pierre V

Mar 3, 2019

very instructive and practical

By Joel A C

Feb 10, 2020

Adequate.

By MG

Apr 14, 2021

The courses in this specialization are great, except for the assignments. I enjoyed the quizzes, but waiting around for peers to grade/review assignments is infuriating. I want to move at my own pace, and because the assignments are required, it's holding up multiple courses--even though I've reviewed everyone else's. Not happy about it.

By nicolas b

Aug 19, 2017

Sadly I missed one assignment because there was no one to review it ! There's no one. I have 7 out 9 passed, but I can't tell if I passed or not.

By Lijuan Z

Mar 12, 2019

There some technical issues with this course:

the assignment and preview is not working! makes it impossible to complete the course.

By Eva G

Apr 22, 2016

There are some incorrect answers in quizes and some instructions for the ssigments are qiute unclear...

By Sunny d l

Jul 2, 2020

review are not getting fast it take time to get the review overall this course is full of experience

By Herma

Apr 27, 2016

I thought the course was oldfashioned, it doesn't prepare you to be a journalist in the digital age, where terms like crowdfunding, search ability, new businessmodels, apps and social media are key factors of success. Yes, there was a small section where they explained crowdsourcing (lol) but interviewing as many people as you can seems to be cryptosaurus approach. Also the social media tips seem to be very interesting if you're 65+. It's worth following this course for free but definately not your money, the free course on futurelearn had ten times more content and I learned so much more...

By Zulaikha

Aug 12, 2021

This course has peer review topics and peer reviews dont show up, so these assignments arent graded. Assignments that arent graded = no certification of completion. my coursera doesnt have the option where I can get a URL and ask for a review in the forums and this has set me back from getting my certificate.

By Kalyani B

Jan 11, 2020

drones on about the obvious