Back to Exploring ​and ​Preparing ​your ​Data with BigQuery

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Exploring ​and ​Preparing ​your ​Data with BigQuery by Google Cloud

Welcome to the Coursera specialization, From Data to Insights with Google Cloud Platform brought to you by the Google Cloud team. I’m Evan Jones (a data enthusiast) and I’m going to be your guide. This first course in this specialization is Exploring and Preparing your Data with BigQuery. Here we will see what the common challenges faced by data analysts are and how to solve them with the big data tools on Google Cloud Platform. You’ll pick up some SQL along the way and become very familiar with using BigQuery and Cloud Dataprep to analyze and transform your datasets. This course should take about one week to complete, 5-7 total hours of work. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to query and draw insight from millions of records in our BigQuery public datasets. You’ll learn how to assess the quality of your datasets and develop an automated data cleansing pipeline that will output to BigQuery. Lastly, you’ll get to practice writing and troubleshooting SQL on a real Google Analytics e-commerce dataset to drive marketing insights. >>> By enrolling in this specialization you agree to the Qwiklabs Terms of Service as set out in the FAQ and located at: https://qwiklabs.com/terms_of_service <<<...

RS

Jan 16, 2019

I love how this course was well structured. The labs helped excellently in getting hands-on experience with the tools. I highly recommend this one for starting out any analyzing with BigQuery

AR

Apr 06, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed learning about BigQuery and using the Google Data Prep blew my mind! I am planning to use it for my day to day work and also take up more courses about Data prep

1 - 25 of 300 Reviews for Exploring ​and ​Preparing ​your ​Data with BigQuery

By LIJUN L

Aug 08, 2018

This is the best course I've ever taken from Coursera! Lecture/Demo/Lab instruction are VERY CLEAR! and I love the humor. :) Hope to have another course by the same teacher.

By Aarzu W

Jun 07, 2020

I have done many courses on coursera , however this one is fantastic. Each week and each module is craftily curated and the course ensures hands on experience of GCP and all the tools. The course is a balanced mix of theory and practical information. It was a great learning experience. I would recommend this to all the people seeking job opportunities in the field of data science or in analytics.

By Norman L M

Aug 29, 2018

this was very thorough and progressed ideally in bite-sized modules. I really appreciate being able to download the videos and the transcripts, too. The labs are wonderful.

By Pradeep S

Jun 18, 2019

Excellent instructor + great content.

By Viktor H

Jun 30, 2019

I think this is a rare example of good course for Google Cloud BigQuery. I would recommend this one instead of "Serverless Data Analysis with Google BigQuery and Cloud Dataflow"

By Oleg S

Oct 21, 2019

The lecturer is a very boring guy with slurred pronunciation. He mumbling under his nose from time to time. It's hard to listen to learn something new. But it's good if you suffer from insomnia. 2. The amount of information in this course is very very poor, but the duration of the videos is pretty long. You can read all the stuff in 30 minutes. You just don't have to watch all the videos. 3. All sql queries are written. You don't have to think at all. It seems to me, this course was designed for 14 year old children. I'm a little bit older, it's pretty slow for me. My advice is - don't spend your time, just read some google docs instead

By Frank S

Feb 19, 2018

Unclear if I will continue given the difficulties with Quicklabs integration. This class is overall pretty interesting but IAM needs to be much simpler. There must be a way to provide a provisional account for the enitrety of the course instead of having to get temp logins .. It is just so cumbersome and the time constraint on labs is not practical/required. The goal is to learn about GCP not race through the labs to meet a time quota.

By Paul O

Mar 21, 2020

My least favourite courses on Coursera so far have been those that are offered by big companies. There is too much selling of their product. This course was a lot of material packaged as a one week course. They should break it up into 2 or 3 weeks.

By Marga M

Feb 16, 2020

A ton of "Why you should use BigQuery" which becomes repetitive and not very useful. I took this course because I wanted to learn BigQuery, I don't need to be convinced. Instead, I wanted to learn and I learned very very little.

By Radosław O

Dec 21, 2018

Last lab was interesting. Previous lessons where boring for someone who knows SQL.

By Chun M N

Feb 24, 2018

lots of system error in lab 4

Oct 02, 2018

Disappointing.

Badly structured, half-baked explanations. Teacher is a sound analyst but lousy teacher and incapable of communicating concepts clearly.

Expected better from Google.

By Nils K

Mar 12, 2018

This is essentially an ad for Google services you have to pay for.

By Agnes C

Jun 08, 2019

The UI and the datasets have changed what caused a big confusion

By Yohei O

Oct 27, 2018

Contents are not based on new BigQuery UI

By Vincent C

Nov 14, 2018

The labs do not work. I would error out.

By José A G R

Aug 15, 2019

very basic and verbose

By Vidya S

Oct 07, 2018

I found the course extremely useful and very well structured. The trainer was excellent in terms of knowledge, communication and importantly making the topics very practical and bringing alive concepts with real life examples. The Lab format is extremely helpful for learning by doing making the learning process highly involved and almost simulating real life experiences on the job. Congratulations to the trainer and the backend team for bringing together this excellent course and I am looking forward to completing the remaining courses as soon as possible.

By Manoj G

Apr 23, 2020

Overall a very good course and I loved the casual teaching style of the instructor. Labs were also good. It is a good start for people who wants to start from scratch. At least for me, I was completely new to cloud and I had exposure on Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, MS Power BI and Google Analytics along with decent knowledge in SQL. So, this course really helped me to get into cloud with the introductions of BigQuery SQL/GUI versions and Cloud DataPrep, an overview of products and billings.

By Kumar K

Dec 26, 2019

Courser materials are very clear and hands-on make it more understandable. But some of the hands-on (qwiklabs) sessions are not updated to the latest version. If you update them to the latest version, it will be helpful for us, Because option mentioned in the instruction of lab and what we see in actual lab are different (may be it is updated to new name). Other than that I really enjoyed this course. Special thanks to the instructor, for making his point crystal clear with use-cases.

By Jorge C S

Feb 11, 2019

It would be interesting: do not lose the data worked on the labs, I do not know if giving an account for training or something like that, the labs are very good but it is a pity that I as a student does not have access to the practices I have done.

On the other hand, I do not know if it would be possible, at the end of the course, to access a Google Cloud trial, I do not know if the free tier is enough for Big Query and ML, the free limits do not seem very high to me

By Jazmin C

Jul 05, 2020

This course was an excellent introduction into data analytics through the Google Cloud Platform. Every lab was step-by-step with thorough explanation videos concluding each session, and the time limits on each lab allowed for plenty of self-exploration with the materials as well. I greatly appreciated the set-up of the videos and I think the concepts were explained very well, too.

By Juan L

Amazing course! The online courses now became an important part of the world learning. People do online courses in order to increase their current skills, sometimes to get promotions, to get job and even for the sake of knowledge itself. The platform is well structured.

The Lab it´s great for handson work! Congrats!

By Juan D O

Jun 15, 2018

Un curso muy divertido. Al principio me sorprendió un poco cuando hice el primer laborario y luego vi que los videos siguientes mostraban cómo hacerlo. No estaba marcado en ninguna parte que iba a tener esta ayuda luego. Me gustaría poder intentar las preguntas challenge y que la plataforma califique mis respuestas.

By Dan O

Aug 06, 2019

Well organized and well structured for people with varying degrees of knowledge with SQL. Fun course and it's very easy to get lost in trying new things, so very well done!

This course focuses on context of SQL in BigQuery. They do a great job of provided the relevant information needed from GCP for BigQuery.