Back to Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure by Google Cloud

This course introduces you to important concepts and terminology for working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You learn about, and compare, many of the computing and storage services available in Google Cloud Platform, including Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and BigQuery. You learn about important resource and policy management tools, such as the Google Cloud Resource Manager hierarchy and Google Cloud Identity and Access Management. Hands-on labs give you foundational skills for working with GCP. Note: •Google services are currently unavailable in China....

AN
May 9, 2020

Thank you so much for this amazing interactive course. I enjoyed every part for improvement suggestions please consider increasing the lab projects' time a bit so that students can be on less pressure

OB
Feb 4, 2020

This course gives good non-in-depth overview of GCP. You'll learn about most of options and tools GCP offers. Also I really liked that all labs are automated and don't suffer from peer-review issues.

76 - 100 of 7,251 Reviews for Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure

By Julio C A

Feb 20, 2020

Tenía un año de experiencia con la plataforma y solamente conocía el módulo de Compute Engine, VPC y Cloud DNS, gracias a este curso pude explorar todos los demás servicios disponibles en Google Cloud, entender el marco teórico de cada uno de ellos, evaluar casos de estudio para entender en que escenarios se utiliza cada servicio, diferenciar las soluciones e implementarlas a traves de Quick Labs. Recomiendo el curso ampliamente.

By Daniel J G

Dec 16, 2019

I first became familiar with GCP at Google's Cloud Onboard event in 2016, and was granted a generous $3000 credit to use in the Google Cloud. This sufficiently prepared me for this course making it possible to easily absorb ALL OF THE CONTENT AND FEATURES exhibited.

I am very grateful, and excited, to finally start using advanced features in my own applications that will make them more useful and bring value to others. Thank You!

By Anuj K

Aug 25, 2020

When i enrolled in this course literally i was like a blank page .I learnt lots of things from this course and i am grateful to Coursera team who is helping the students &professional to develop their-self. I have excellent experience with this course however if anyone ask will me that what was most important thing in this course i will highly said that <<<Lab part which gives us real exp>>>>> . Happy to learn with coursera

By Mohamed Y

Jan 17, 2020

Nice Course with all the concepts been explained in DEPTH! Needed to spend some quality time to imbibe and I would recommend to see all the videos twice in full stretch or seeking back to the part of the video where you didn't understand. For those who want to know what's cloud and GCP, you must take this course up and complete it. Opting a specialization is even recommended personally to grasp the core concepts even deeper.

By Eric R

Oct 18, 2020

It is nice to see that web-based labs using real resources are becoming much more solid. I started with VMware's learning zone labs but those were extremely buggy or the instructions did not match the labs, in some cases these were just broken. Same for ITprotv.com which I have used for years. Seems like you have mastered it right here. The fact that I was able to get this far without trouble proves the previous statement.

By John D

Apr 5, 2019

Overall acceptable. As a visual/text/reading learning the videos slow down my progress, and hinder my retention. I found the PDF file(s) often had missing elements, or contained more information. Also a number of the transcripts are in error. For example IAM transcribed as "I am" several times. Also the text too speech process used (assumed) did not manage one of the presenter/trainer's speech patterns well at all.

By Grant L

Jul 24, 2019

Very good course... some slides did not correspond to discussion in terms of content (have to look at both) and some video (eg lab previews) were dated. Some lab issues occurred with course not recognizing completed which required re-do. Some content could elaborate more on details... for example, processing limitations of data ingestion, security as it applies across different services (eg API), etc.

By Pratik D N

It was an amazing journey into Cloud Computing with the Google Cloud Platform. It gave a broad overview of all the important cloud concepts in a very short period of time. The hands on lab also gave us an idea of how Google Cloud Platform works and the various amazing technologies integrated into it. This course is a must for those who wants to know what cloud is and understand how Google Cloud works.

By Dian S

May 14, 2020

most people want to use cloud computing technology, because they want to pursue the efficiency side of a system's infrastructure. By taking this course, I have come to better understand how to determine the right infrastructure for a project. By considering low costs when building, efficiency in infrastructure maintenance, speed selection and data accuracy can be provided by the system to end-users.

By Neil M

Feb 10, 2020

Effective learning is a result of layering a combination of different experiences. The format of interactive course material, along with linear Video, External Links and text orchestration via Video and a readable and timed transcript is simply excellent. It reflects instructional design and detail in the construction of this learning experience that is all the future of learning is intended to be.

By Abhijeet G

I think this was a pretty good course to introduce someone to GCP. I am looking forward to completing the entire specialisation. The instructors are almost always very easy to understand and the exercises are helpful.

One aspect that be improved in this course is adding a few minutes in the introduction to broadly clarify the distinction between the various Compute services provided by GCP.

By Lasitha M D

Apr 16, 2020

Thank you very much Coursera and google for providing the materials to learn the fundamentals of GCP infrastructure. The course was well organized, questions arranged accordingly with necessary complexity. Qwiklab helped me to get a hands-on experience with vast GCP services and the experience I has was enormous. I'm planning to use the skills I've learnt in this course in my projects

By Praveen R

Jul 4, 2020

Very good course to get you introduced to all GCP and general cloud concepts. Some details are just on the surface (i.e. has much more depth), but since its introductory its good enough information. The hands on lab is very good. You can see things working. I found this the most helpful. The explained concepts are very crisp and the course seems very current and recent.

By SIDDHANT K

Jul 31, 2019

It was a fantastic experience. This was my first time with google cloud instructors and they were way better than expected specially Mr. Brian Rice and Ms. Catherine Gamboa, always precise and to the point. I was able to learn so many things and it exposed me to the far ends of cloud computing, which in turn invigorates me to learn more and continue my specialization.

By Tim K

May 4, 2018

One of the better online training courses I've done for any Cloud platform. The lessons are condensed introductions to the services and concepts, with links to all the relevant documentation, and the labs are designed in a very useful way, guiding the student through the steps, but letting the student be hands on with the actual tools used in production environments.

By Temba M M

Aug 11, 2017

I can readily recommend this course so far to anyone interested in getting an overview of the Google Cloud Platform, and how the various products and services available on GCP fit together to provide a superior cloud platform. GCP is very well suited to a multitude of purposes for businesses and enthusiasts alike. Very much looking forward to week two of this course!

By Gangadhar V

Nov 18, 2020

Good course,

Get you started with lot of cloud concepts you have heard but not tried. This course walk you through 4 fundamental cloud concepts

-- Virtual machines

-- App engine

-- Kubernetes

--BigData

Note: If you have a/c with Quicklabs delete that a/c and the lab work fine. Number of other students have problems with labs. Hanggin there work with Quicklabs support

By HARSH

Jul 17, 2021

I was extremely delighted to be part of this program and was very impressed by the data provided by the team. The videos were very systematically placed and consisted ample info to progress properly. The labs in between also helped to practically apply the concepts learned. Overall loved the course and would be continuing on this path to complete the others too.

By Md. N A

Aug 1, 2020

I am grateful to google for giving me the Chance to know its largest Cloud-Infrastructures. I have enjoyed this course & I have learned a lot about Google Cloud Platform & Its massive cloud infrastructures through this Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure Course. I am very much interested & curious to know more about Google-Cloud Platform.

By Suhas S

Jun 9, 2020

The course was good in terms of explaining the core fundamental cloud concepts. The hands on lab offered by qwiklabs is helpful to actually see the concepts in action. There could have been a more elaborated discussion on Kubernetes, Machine learning platform and cloud storage type. Anyways we have an option to explore more using their cloud documentation

By Sudip B

May 2, 2020

This was really a good overview on overall GCP Platform.

The byte sized quizzes are really good. You often fail and revisit and clarify the concepts (at least for me)

Qwiklabs hands on are really helpful and make you feel engaged.

One suggestion though: if there was a provision of one gcp account till the entire course duration (timed demos are very limited)

By Dinesh B

Aug 15, 2020

Extremely professionally curated course, delving into the core of the GCP basics - perfect for a business professional wanting to learn more on Cloud Computing. Especially appreciated the Lab exercises which made learning hands-on, and gave a glimpse into the actual interface of GCP. Kudos to the Google team for building such a wonderful cloud platform!

By Ninad D

Sep 12, 2017

It's a very well designed course and the instructor, Doug, has a very calm and clear way of explaining all the Google services. The lab demos further help in better understanding the services. One should also personally carryout the exercise labs at end of each module to get better understanding. Overall I found it perfect and well constructed course.

By Satyam K N

Jul 14, 2021

Successfully completed Google Cloud Fundamentals for Azure Professionals: Core Infrastructure. I learned a lot about the many computing and storage services available in the Google Cloud Platform. These include Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL and BigQuery. Thanks you Coursera.

By Harald M

Aug 15, 2021

This course was - at least for me - quite demanding and more comprehensive and time-consuming than I previously thought. Owing to the fact, that it was well-taught by both lecturers and well-structured, too, it was worth the time. I appreciate the hands-on experiences with Google Cloud Platform to put the acquired lesson knowledge into practise.