Back to Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure by Google Cloud

This course introduces you to important concepts and terminology for working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You learn about, and compare, many of the computing and storage services available in Google Cloud Platform, including Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and BigQuery. You learn about important resource and policy management tools, such as the Google Cloud Resource Manager hierarchy and Google Cloud Identity and Access Management. Hands-on labs give you foundational skills for working with GCP. Note: •Google services are currently unavailable in China....

AN
May 9, 2020

Thank you so much for this amazing interactive course. I enjoyed every part for improvement suggestions please consider increasing the lab projects' time a bit so that students can be on less pressure

GF
Jan 28, 2017

Great course to introduce the specialization. It could be more robust, but it does the job and you are also provided with links for documents that will help you build on what you learn in the course.

51 - 75 of 7,255 Reviews for Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure

By Tina M

Mar 22, 2021

It is not easy to follow and listen/watch this course. There are lots of jumps from topic to other.

By Maxim S

Apr 24, 2020

I don't think it deserves even 1 star. Materials are 2,5 years old. Outdated is not strong enough word. Information is incorrect, misleading. Some of the services, names, page change, and not updated in the course. Lots of commands in the labs are not supported so pars of the labs simply do not work.

I think, by continue running this course, Coursera doing itself a huge disservice. Based on this course, would I want as a customer, to pay for other courses or modules? if they are the same or similar quality why would I waste my time and money? The company also shows ignorance and disrespect towards customers who spend their time trying to learn something new in return getting incorrect, old concepts. Plus it shows lack of accountability and expertise - nobody checking materials for being up to date.

Nov 3, 2021

I enrolled through my company, signed up for what was supposed to be a free course and then being asked to "upgrade" to do the quiz ?! Sounds like a scam to me. Bait and switch. Keep your course.

By Matthieu B

Apr 18, 2019

Google needs to update this course. Lots of things have changed and are actually redone in subsequent courses.

Also please stop pointing at users, learn to use your hands efficiently!

By Vladislav A

Mar 4, 2021

Is that an educational course? Or an advanced promotion?

By Omar J

Jan 29, 2018

Just a video of a guy reading to me.....

By 김요엘

Oct 7, 2020

미등록 하려는데 왜 미등록이 안되냐???? 코세라야 좀 고쳐

By Pablo E S

Oct 12, 2020

It is a great introduction to Google Cloud Platform and to many of its services. Provides a lot but easy to digest information about GCP and many technologies (storage, databases, network and cloud computing) related to GCP.

I would recommend taking this course if you have previous experience in the field with technology, otherwise, it might be difficult to understand some key concepts. Experience like already worked with Networks and/or Databases and understanding what Cloud Computing is and the diverse options in the Internet.

I love the fact that we can play around with the laboratories and they are very well designed. Instructions are accurate with latest version of GCP Console and easy to follow. One key part here is that there is demonstration video prior to doing the lab which introduces you to what you are going to do in the lab and increases chances of catching what you are learning.

I am definitely very happy of having taken this course and looking forward to the next courses/levels prior to a GCPA certification.

By Marilyn M

Jan 22, 2021

The lab for Deployment and Stackdriver was very challenging. I could not get pass Task 3. The text editor is not as easy to do as it looks in the video. I would try to deploy an instance, and it would say it already existed. When this happens there are several commands you can use. Google it. You might need to search for "delete an already existing deployment" etc. I did all the other labs pretty easy. This one i mentioned above gave me a very hard time. I was actually thinking of abandoning this gig but finally i got my certificate. I have to add I am new student i don't know much about computers . Because I got stuck in this lab i feel like i got to know the text editor and cloud shell and google console better than before. I do wish the labs were timed for two hours. For beginners like me an hour is not sufficient time.

By Manasa

This is a kind of course required for any cyber security analyst looking into venturing in Cloud security (in particularly GCP here). The course had a very vast touch points and some very interesting detailing for the person to understand what are the common cloud terminologies used in GCP, what each of them mean, how they are related, how we can work on this platform. It is complete package i could say, i personally enjoyed this learning session. As i did the course during my free trail session (week access to coursera portal) I have determined to cover the course within that time period though it was too much to grasp, i still have a day's time left now. I am surely going to revise the topics, to make sure i have taken the best from this course. Thank you so much Google & Team!

By Pavel K

Mar 14, 2019

Pretty good introduction into Google Cloud Core Infrastructure with practical labs which give you a sense of how things works. You not only watch and read but experience how things work and try things out in the cloud. 👍🏻 One think I didn't like so far, is the fact that instructors read from the screen, predefined, very short and very non human text, which is good for reading, but not for listening. I think it's fine for instructors use notes, but reading the whole course from the screen. You can find a guy from the street, put a Google T-Shirt on him, and ask him to teach the course, it would look the same, given guy can read and speak well.

By Nathan W

Jan 6, 2021

I am very happy with this course overall. It was very professionally done, with great production, videos and content. The exams are put together well and everything seems factually correct.

My only issue was that It took me 3 hours to complete the"Getting Started with Deployment Manager and Stackdriver" quiklabs assignment. While I did finally get it to work in the end, it took way to many tries even though I used the same commands in the same order on many attempts.

Anyway, idk if anyone else had this issue but I would be tempted to give my review 4 stars because of the waste of time it took to complete.

By Georgios K

Feb 6, 2020

Very good overview of the GCP core services. I would argue that it's a lot of information to digest in a week, but the slides are amazing to refresh your memory. The labs are a quite nice touch. The GCP console interface was a little bit different to what was in the videos, but it was not a serious issue. Sometimes the lab progress tracking would not work and I would redo it in fast-forward. Again, not a serious issue, but it can be annoying if you don't figure it out early in the lab's progress, as you need to restart the lab that takes some time for provisioning account, project and VMs.

Feb 2, 2021

Thanks to Google and Coursera for this Great Starter Course on Google Cloud Platform. I enjoyed the learning through out the course. The quizzes are best part which tests our attention during online class.Its a well designed syllabus for beginners to learn and get started with google cloud. Qwiklabs played a key role in covering the practical experience in the learning process..

Finally It was a great experience...

**I personally feel that some more Qwiklabs labs on GCP can be added to the same course for enhanced practical experience and to boost the hands on confidence on GCP**

By Vydyam A

Jul 11, 2019

The course provides most of the cloud concepts with lab facility and for the beginner this course is a lot to swallow, as each session is lot to learn and understand, additional effort is must before proceeding to the next session with in a week course. I found the lab exercises are useful as it helps to understand few of the commands (especially for the application developers) to learn and apply.

Overall, I recommend this, but in one week this is plenty and definitely the student has to spend additional effort before/after each session to grasp and fetch more from this course.

By Nathan W

Jun 28, 2018

I came at this course with a fresh eyes, as this was my first exposure to the Google Cloud Platform ecosystem. Wow, what an incredible array of choices available to developers and companies for a variety of functions. This course does assume a certain level of technical knowledge (as far as comprehension goes, in my opinion) but the labs are exquisitely done; you won't be left hanging wondering what you next step is, as all steps are laid out sequentially. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the material and look forward to continuing the specialization(s) offered!

By Loretta A

Apr 20, 2020

Fantastic course! I really liked the mix of instructors and their different teaching styles. All the instructors were very knowledgeable and explained the content clearly. I also really, really, really appreciated the hands on labs. The instructions were easy to follow and I understood why I was doing these technical things step by step. I've been working on some GCP project over the last year or so (with training during my Master's program). This is by far the most informative/useful exercise I've had for learning GCP in depth.

By Yip T W

Jan 13, 2020

I learned about what is mean by Cloud Computing,GCP regions and zones IaaS ,PaaS ,SaaSthe services provided by Google Cloud,Compute,Storage,Big Data,Networking,Security,Google Cloud Platform storage services,how it works,examine the function and purpose of Google Cloud Platform's big data and machine learning services.It gives overall insight about storage ,big data and machine learning services offered,its advantages,properties and the audiences.I'm grateful and feel more knowledgeable about Google Cloud Platform now!

By Gilles T O M K

Mar 31, 2020

Ce cours a été très bénéfique pour moi, non seulement que c'est une première expérience professionnelle dans le Cloud computation, mais aussi une pratique dans l'utilisation des outils Google clou Platform qui sont très performants. Je remercie l'ensemble des partenaires ayant bosser durs pour mettre en place ce cours et tout cet environnement de travail et de tests. Je remercie également le support Qwilab qui s'est avéré très réactif et prompt dans la résolution des problèmes auquels j’étais confrontés dans les Labs.

By Julie G

Oct 29, 2019

Très bon cours pour appréhender les concepts et le fonctionnement de Google Cloud Platform.

Cependant, certaines parties du cours ne sont pas très claires et nécessitent une lecture de la documentation officielle afin de bien comprendre les différents principes (dans mon cas, la partie IAM n'a pas été très claire, notamment sur l'héritage des droits et dans quel cas un droit prend le dessus sur un autre).

Je recommande tout de même ce cours, qui m'a beaucoup fait progresser sur le sujet en peu de temps.

By Lye H F

Jan 24, 2021

A very good introduction and sufficient hands-on to all the core infrastructure of GCP. Excellent course, which get me started on GCP journey to unlock GCP potentials. I only knew about the Compute Engine VM instance prior to attending this course. After completing the course, I finally understood more on Kubernetes, Cloud Storage & App Engine. And of course, some touch-base on all the big data & machine learning related infrastructures that I may be looking at soon.

By Susanna M

Apr 1, 2019

I think the only reason I was really not engaged this week was honestly because I've done all but 1-2 of the Qwiklabs before. It felt like a repetitive for me but I was obligated to do them as they were a grade requirement and I had to go through them again when I've built working PoCs in GCP. However, if I was brand new to GCP this course would be very engaging and I think that it would definitely be useful to go through the Qwiklabs, lectures, and quizzes.

By Aleksandr N

Mar 2, 2021

It's a wonderful course that goes over a lot of the cloud product line, lets you try a few things, and while the labs are not problem-proof, and I have had to redo several a couple or a few times because something ended up misbehaving, it's not the courses fault. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the material and the instruction.

Pro tip, just open the course in an incognito window and you can go through all the labs fairly easily and painlessly.

By Dr. M S K (

May 9, 2021

This is the first course I've taken on Coursera.org. Well-designed course, but not for the beginners. It was tough for me in the beginning but after two labs I am comfortable. Moreover the demonstration sessions were perfectly arranged and gave us proper benefit. All the demos are accurate! Everything we see in demo, we can find it exactly in the GCP lab. I definitely recommend this course everyone who is willing to get started with GCP!

By Ankur S

Jan 9, 2019

Having been on gcp adoption journey for a while now, took this course as part of architecture with Google cloud specialization.

Found the content to be good and explanations were just enough to get a high-level introduction.

Found the labs to be quite interesting however the labs experience could have been improved by not having to login for each section.

Would recommend for any one wanting to get a good overview of gcp ecosystem.