Back to Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure by Google Cloud

This course introduces you to important concepts and terminology for working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You learn about, and compare, many of the computing and storage services available in Google Cloud Platform, including Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and BigQuery. You learn about important resource and policy management tools, such as the Google Cloud Resource Manager hierarchy and Google Cloud Identity and Access Management. Hands-on labs give you foundational skills for working with GCP. Note: •Google services are currently unavailable in China....

AN

Thank you so much for this amazing interactive course. I enjoyed every part for improvement suggestions please consider increasing the lab projects' time a bit so that students can be on less pressure

OB

Feb 05, 2020

This course gives good non-in-depth overview of GCP. You'll learn about most of options and tools GCP offers. Also I really liked that all labs are automated and don't suffer from peer-review issues.

51 - 75 of 5,352 Reviews for Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure

By Susanna M

Apr 01, 2019

I think the only reason I was really not engaged this week was honestly because I've done all but 1-2 of the Qwiklabs before. It felt like a repetitive for me but I was obligated to do them as they were a grade requirement and I had to go through them again when I've built working PoCs in GCP. However, if I was brand new to GCP this course would be very engaging and I think that it would definitely be useful to go through the Qwiklabs, lectures, and quizzes.

By Ankur S

Jan 09, 2019

Having been on gcp adoption journey for a while now, took this course as part of architecture with Google cloud specialization.

Found the content to be good and explanations were just enough to get a high-level introduction.

Found the labs to be quite interesting however the labs experience could have been improved by not having to login for each section.

Would recommend for any one wanting to get a good overview of gcp ecosystem.

By Julio C A E

Feb 20, 2020

Tenía un año de experiencia con la plataforma y solamente conocía el módulo de Compute Engine, VPC y Cloud DNS, gracias a este curso pude explorar todos los demás servicios disponibles en Google Cloud, entender el marco teórico de cada uno de ellos, evaluar casos de estudio para entender en que escenarios se utiliza cada servicio, diferenciar las soluciones e implementarlas a traves de Quick Labs. Recomiendo el curso ampliamente.

By Daniel J G

Dec 16, 2019

I first became familiar with GCP at Google's Cloud Onboard event in 2016, and was granted a generous $3000 credit to use in the Google Cloud. This sufficiently prepared me for this course making it possible to easily absorb ALL OF THE CONTENT AND FEATURES exhibited.

I am very grateful, and excited, to finally start using advanced features in my own applications that will make them more useful and bring value to others. Thank You!

By Mohamed Y

Jan 17, 2020

Nice Course with all the concepts been explained in DEPTH! Needed to spend some quality time to imbibe and I would recommend to see all the videos twice in full stretch or seeking back to the part of the video where you didn't understand. For those who want to know what's cloud and GCP, you must take this course up and complete it. Opting a specialization is even recommended personally to grasp the core concepts even deeper.

By John D

Apr 05, 2019

Overall acceptable. As a visual/text/reading learning the videos slow down my progress, and hinder my retention. I found the PDF file(s) often had missing elements, or contained more information. Also a number of the transcripts are in error. For example IAM transcribed as "I am" several times. Also the text too speech process used (assumed) did not manage one of the presenter/trainer's speech patterns well at all.

By Grant L

Jul 24, 2019

Very good course... some slides did not correspond to discussion in terms of content (have to look at both) and some video (eg lab previews) were dated. Some lab issues occurred with course not recognizing completed which required re-do. Some content could elaborate more on details... for example, processing limitations of data ingestion, security as it applies across different services (eg API), etc.

By Pratik D N

It was an amazing journey into Cloud Computing with the Google Cloud Platform. It gave a broad overview of all the important cloud concepts in a very short period of time. The hands on lab also gave us an idea of how Google Cloud Platform works and the various amazing technologies integrated into it. This course is a must for those who wants to know what cloud is and understand how Google Cloud works.

By Dian S

May 14, 2020

most people want to use cloud computing technology, because they want to pursue the efficiency side of a system's infrastructure. By taking this course, I have come to better understand how to determine the right infrastructure for a project. By considering low costs when building, efficiency in infrastructure maintenance, speed selection and data accuracy can be provided by the system to end-users.

By Neil M

Feb 10, 2020

Effective learning is a result of layering a combination of different experiences. The format of interactive course material, along with linear Video, External Links and text orchestration via Video and a readable and timed transcript is simply excellent. It reflects instructional design and detail in the construction of this learning experience that is all the future of learning is intended to be.

By Abhijeet G

I think this was a pretty good course to introduce someone to GCP. I am looking forward to completing the entire specialisation. The instructors are almost always very easy to understand and the exercises are helpful.

One aspect that be improved in this course is adding a few minutes in the introduction to broadly clarify the distinction between the various Compute services provided by GCP.

By Lasitha M D

Apr 16, 2020

Thank you very much Coursera and google for providing the materials to learn the fundamentals of GCP infrastructure. The course was well organized, questions arranged accordingly with necessary complexity. Qwiklab helped me to get a hands-on experience with vast GCP services and the experience I has was enormous. I'm planning to use the skills I've learnt in this course in my projects

By SIDDHANT K

Jul 31, 2019

It was a fantastic experience. This was my first time with google cloud instructors and they were way better than expected specially Mr. Brian Rice and Ms. Catherine Gamboa, always precise and to the point. I was able to learn so many things and it exposed me to the far ends of cloud computing, which in turn invigorates me to learn more and continue my specialization.

By Timothy K

May 04, 2018

One of the better online training courses I've done for any Cloud platform. The lessons are condensed introductions to the services and concepts, with links to all the relevant documentation, and the labs are designed in a very useful way, guiding the student through the steps, but letting the student be hands on with the actual tools used in production environments.

By Temba M M

Aug 11, 2017

I can readily recommend this course so far to anyone interested in getting an overview of the Google Cloud Platform, and how the various products and services available on GCP fit together to provide a superior cloud platform. GCP is very well suited to a multitude of purposes for businesses and enthusiasts alike. Very much looking forward to week two of this course!

By Suhas

Jun 09, 2020

The course was good in terms of explaining the core fundamental cloud concepts. The hands on lab offered by qwiklabs is helpful to actually see the concepts in action. There could have been a more elaborated discussion on Kubernetes, Machine learning platform and cloud storage type. Anyways we have an option to explore more using their cloud documentation

By Sudip B

May 02, 2020

This was really a good overview on overall GCP Platform.

The byte sized quizzes are really good. You often fail and revisit and clarify the concepts (at least for me)

Qwiklabs hands on are really helpful and make you feel engaged.

One suggestion though: if there was a provision of one gcp account till the entire course duration (timed demos are very limited)

By Ninad D

Sep 12, 2017

It's a very well designed course and the instructor, Doug, has a very calm and clear way of explaining all the Google services. The lab demos further help in better understanding the services. One should also personally carryout the exercise labs at end of each module to get better understanding. Overall I found it perfect and well constructed course.

By Harold L M M

Jan 19, 2018

This is an excellent introduction to all the core services and features in the Google Cloud Platform. This course has a lot of good labs that give you hands on experience on services such as Compute Engine, Container Engine (Kubernetes), AppEngine (The Google's PaaS for web apps) and various of their Cloud Storage services. Highly recommended.

By Francesco I

Oct 02, 2018

Good if you want understand the high level fundamentals about GCP in relation and you already have an understanding about other Public Cloud offerings. To better understand each product you need continue studying the other courses in the Coursera GCP curriculum. Very good the hands on quiklab sessions to start using GCP products from scratch.

By Rocky D

Oct 20, 2019

Very effective and informative course, significantly grows my knowledge. It's makes me easier to understand the bigger picture about Google Cloud Platform, and to determine the next path of my career and my interest of learning. I hope there is a chance for me to take part in this exponentially technological growth in ICT World. Thank You!

By VIGNESHWARAN A

May 26, 2019

The course tries to cover the major components of GCP and designed in such a way it cater to all the learner levels. Newbies could come across some unheard terminologies, but suggest to go through the course material patiently and do a little bit of reading on web. Thoroughly satisfied with the Lab provisioning, content creators and coursera

By kamal d R

Feb 22, 2018

At first is should thank Dough for providing such a wonderful and effective introductory course in the GCP fundamentals.This course i would say that this is the starting step for GCP platform, one can really enjoy the course sessions with simple implementations taught by the tutor. cheers to google for providing such an awesome course .

By RAHUL V .

Oh Gosh, I Finally completed it. My Achievement. I'd really recommend this to all of you guys, this is exactly what you need to get a good grasp of the whole "Cloud Computing" topic. I am still amazed to learn and found so many cloud tools by google which literally can take off my days work to design a really good software or program.

By Harish S

Mar 11, 2020

This is fantastic, designed with care, Step by step and lab support is awesome. Quiz need improvment as sometime same answer is shown as incorrect but correct sometime. But rest everything is awesone. Prior to this course my understanding on cloud was limited but after this foundation course I have more indepth understanding on cloud.