Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Sit Less, Get Active, The University of Edinburgh

(674 ratings)

About this Course

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC #GetActiveMOOC. Also, visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active P.S. Before you start we would like to know about your approach to physical activity. Please check your emails so you can take the survey we have sent you. Then you can preview the course, or come back and join us when the session starts on September 4, 2017...

By MM

Jul 25, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

By DB

Dec 27, 2016

A must go through course.. minimal video time and max life changing learning.. awareness from this course will make your life much better in long (read 66 days) run.\n\nAll the best :)

209 Reviews

By ANA LUISA ESPINOSA JARAMILLO

May 18, 2019

Un curso muy motivador, lo recomiendo!

By Elaine Chen

May 17, 2019

The course is encouraging and useful! Thank you.

By Ralph Francis Stone

May 17, 2019

Great course for me. A three year old could navigate it easily and that's exactly why I liked it. ;-)

By Nanti Mitsiali

May 08, 2019

very usefull, many practical tips!!!!

By Martina Sokač

Apr 08, 2019

A lot of useful information, made me becoming more active at home and at work.

By Amatuzzahra Rampurawala

Apr 04, 2019

This my first course on Coursera and I'm loving it.

Great work,Thanks for your hard work team Sit Less,Get Active.

By

Mar 30, 2019

It is an extraordinary course

By Dawn Howard

Mar 27, 2019

It got me moving! Thank you!

By Janet

Mar 26, 2019

This course really helped me think about getting more active. Especially given that I sit alot at work and in school.

By nguyen dong thuc

Mar 26, 2019

It is an short, interesting and easy to understand how being physically active benefits our life.