Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC #GetActiveMOOC. Also, visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active P.S. Before you start we would like to know about your approach to physical activity. Please check your emails so you can take the survey we have sent you. Then you can preview the course, or come back and join us when the session starts on September 4, 2017...

ND

Sep 05, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM

Jul 25, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

101 - 125 of 219 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By Carla O

Oct 17, 2016

Excellent for people who need help understanding and organizing their daily physical activities.

By firas

Jul 01, 2016

what a great Course

By KHALED C A W

Jul 01, 2017

Excellent!!

By Kuei-Hsuan L

Jan 15, 2017

Good class to learn how to set goal to get more active.

By Stephanie C

Sep 19, 2016

I really enjoyed this class. It gave me a kick start to my weight loss journey. I also like the promo messages and the checking in after the course was complete.

By Jorge A D F G

Jun 26, 2017

A very useful course about how to recover your health and the health of your family and society

By Alexios G

Sep 21, 2017

Great material that gives a plan and methods to become more active.

By Margot R

Sep 07, 2017

There is a lot of very us

By Jorge M P d C L

Aug 10, 2017

The perfect motivation to get going and reduce procrastination.

By Subhasis C

Oct 24, 2017

I had long ago completed two courses on Coursera. They were challenging for a full time employed person like me and who did not belong to those domains. I took up this course as a personal enrichment challenge and the course really changed my outlook to everything from heart disease to dance to habit formation. The optional readings are excellent. A serious student can use those optional materials to research this subject. And the presentations did not drag. I have little money; so i had applied for financial aid but right now after finishing the course I just became more debt-ridden by paying for the course through my credit card! This is to say thank you Coursera and my instructors. The course is worth getting into debt for. Thanks again.

By Joao d S B

Feb 02, 2018

Wonderful and very nice tips to help us keep active!:)

By Soňa P

Jan 11, 2017

Course had good structure, the videos were informative and really encouraging to go and start moving, from simple things like stretching at home or in your office to more sophisticated activites like sports or dance. Actually, I've never thought about activites and moving this way – it could be really anything, even just not sitting counts. The course also encouraged me to rethink some of my activity goals, like reaching 10k steps (most of the time almost impossible for me) – every step is good and better than count them is to focus on time spent by the activity. I thought this course will be just fun, you know, everyone knows that sitting too much is bad etc., but it really worked for me as a motivation to set some goals and get moving. Thanks!

By Devendra D

Nov 03, 2016

The course is very good. It provides lots of practical tips that can be incorporated in day to day lives.

By Amaury G M O

Jul 24, 2016

Full of straight-forward information, easy to use and efective!! Thank you so much!!

By Laura I

Jul 23, 2016

This course has given me the motivation and tools to lead a more active life. I am ready to do this!!

By Aliza W S

Dec 27, 2016

Nice, easy course that gives you a lot of information about being physically active even at times you may not want to be or may think you cannot be. Interesting videos and graphics. A lot of important information to share with family and friends to help get everyone on the path to being more active and healthier.

By Natasha K

May 26, 2017

I absolutely loved this course! As an individual who is a Zumba instructor and very into fitness and a healthy lifestyle, and wants to take up a career in sports psychology, the course not only helped me understand concepts better, but motivated me to pursue my personal fitness goals. All the instructors were very knowledgeable and gave such great inputs and fabulous short videos. Looking forward to more such courses from University of Edinburgh! Thank you! Cheers :)

By Shaistah A

Oct 31, 2016

Interesting, simple and interactive course that provided useful information through reading, writing, videos, comedy making it more fascinating. Quiz were quick and short, more focused on how we would make ourselves more active rather than on memorizing everything.

By Mai T

Jul 30, 2016

Great course! It is really inspirational! Thank you!

By Ahmad M

Jul 29, 2016

helps me get active in my daily life and accomplish my tasks, without stressing more on the outcome, helps me initiate better.

By Lily S

Jan 03, 2017

very practical, relevant, and inspiring!

By Reem m s g

Oct 22, 2016

thanks for the course it is very useful

By Natalia H H

Jul 04, 2017

Lleno de información para aplicar en el entorno en que vivimos.

By Borbála B

Nov 01, 2017

Very great, and it motivated me. Thank you so much!

By Indre R

Sep 25, 2017

Very good course for self motivation to be more active.