Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND
Sep 4, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM
Jul 24, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

101 - 125 of 500 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By Jhoane M B R

This will surely help everyone to be always healthy. We must take care of ourselves because prevention is really better than cure.

By Marjet B

Dec 8, 2020

Easy and inspirational. Very quickly started implementing 'active travel' and setting small attainable goals with things I enjoy.

By Alasdair G

Feb 11, 2021

interesting and motivating. Good quick course that can be done and dusted in less than a month of learning and habit forming.

By Charlla A

Oct 2, 2020

The videos and optional readings provided excellent scientific studies and tips to sit less and become more physically active.

By Ahmad M

Jul 29, 2016

helps me get active in my daily life and accomplish my tasks, without stressing more on the outcome, helps me initiate better.

By Cathy

Feb 16, 2017

this course is very useful and helpful, it let you to set your own goal of physical activity and tells you how to keep going.

By Vaughna D

Jul 8, 2020

I loved this course. Great information given in small pieces made it easier to retain. Thank you for offering this course.

By Martha L G P

Oct 4, 2020

The information is too interesting and applicable in your normal life, you only need to have more concrete with your goals.

By Caeli M

Jan 31, 2018

I would have loved a follow up assignment. Set a SMART goal week one and then review it in the final week. Otherwise great.

By Md S R R

Aug 3, 2020

Instructors were excellent, I learned a lot about ways of becoming healthy. Thank you very much for this excellent course.

By Shubham P

Pretty good course to get started on your journey into physical activity. As the name says it all, "Sit Less, Get Active".

By Thanida R

This course motivated me to do more physical activity and improve my work out target. Little thing can become productive.

By Jenell B

Jan 25, 2019

Awesome content and easy to understand and incorporate into my daily life! Thanks to all that put this course together.

By Vivian N

Apr 10, 2017

This course is very interesting. Many videos are 5-10 minutes long and one can squeeze them into their free time easily.

By Arifiah M P

Dec 30, 2020

This inspires me to implent what I get from this course onto my daily lives. This course is so easy, the quizes as well

By Rene B L

Feb 19, 2017

Great course! It's still on my mind and present in my behaviors- those things I learned months ago when enrolled in it.

By Gobinath S

Feb 17, 2017

It's awesome and useful to be active though i am a desk job professional.

Thanks for sharing this valuable information.

By devendra s

Jan 22, 2021

A very good online course for Physical Activities, it's statistics science and it's importance is very well explained.

By Lori J

May 13, 2020

A great informational course with amazing details of why and how long we should be active for all stages of our lives.

By suman s

Aug 23, 2020

An outstanding course, right with the basics on how to get active through small and simple changes in your lifestyle.

By Janet O

Mar 26, 2019

This course really helped me think about getting more active. Especially given that I sit alot at work and in school.

By Anulakshmi P - 4

Jun 28, 2020

Im very much happy to say that this course very much influence my life style and now i can manage my lifeore easily.

By Do H D

Jan 19, 2017

Very informative course. I found each material is a good one. The graphic, storytelling and quiz is well-organized.

By Emanuela

May 25, 2021

Very interesting and useful course, it gives me several tips that are feasible, easy and also fun. Very inspiring.

By Catherine K

Apr 17, 2020

Interesting, encouraging and not daunting information. Useful to anyone who works in or with the healthcare field.