Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC #GetActiveMOOC. Also, visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active P.S. Before you start we would like to know about your approach to physical activity. Please check your emails so you can take the survey we have sent you. Then you can preview the course, or come back and join us when the session starts on September 4, 2017...

ND

Sep 05, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM

Jul 25, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

51 - 75 of 219 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By Darya B

Jul 03, 2018

great and useful info!

By Anastasia M

Dec 18, 2016

I love it! It motivates me to be active!

By Dr. T P

Aug 03, 2017

good

By Merza I

Oct 24, 2016

Thank you for you all for this great and inspiring course!

By Do H D

Jan 19, 2017

Very informative course. I found each material is a good one. The graphic, storytelling and quiz is well-organized.

By Pankaj M

Oct 08, 2016

This is a wonderful course. This is very precise and practical course about being active which promotes the benefits of being active. Apart of it this course also speak about different health condition and how a person can be active in that situations too.

By Sri H K P

Jul 26, 2016

The videos are really informative and cover most of the common concerns/excuses we have to avoid a physically active life style. I could connect to everything in the course and have improved my activity times from the past 3 weeks. This course definitely has given me a good push to improve myself.

By Alexandre R

Jul 28, 2016

muito bom. relembra vários conceitos essenciais! recomendo!

By Minesh K

Nov 07, 2016

It is an excellent course for a Physical Therapy and other Healthcare students and professionals and individuals.

By Riyaz A S

Jun 26, 2018

Everybody should do this course.

By Sara Q

Oct 24, 2016

lite, informative, thank you

By Cathy

Feb 16, 2017

this course is very useful and helpful, it let you to set your own goal of physical activity and tells you how to keep going.

By Joy P A

Sep 05, 2017

A truly awesome course, inspired me to take up exercising and fitness seriously.!!Loved it

By puneet v

Aug 02, 2016

Loved this course

By Carla O

Oct 17, 2016

Excellent for people who need help understanding and organizing their daily physical activities.

By firas

Jul 01, 2016

what a great Course

By KHALED C A W

Jul 01, 2017

Excellent!!

By Kuei-Hsuan L

Jan 15, 2017

Good class to learn how to set goal to get more active.

By Stephanie C

Sep 19, 2016

I really enjoyed this class. It gave me a kick start to my weight loss journey. I also like the promo messages and the checking in after the course was complete.

By Jorge A D F G

Jun 26, 2017

A very useful course about how to recover your health and the health of your family and society

By Alexios G

Sep 21, 2017

Great material that gives a plan and methods to become more active.

By Margot R

Sep 07, 2017

There is a lot of very us

By Jorge M P d C L

Aug 10, 2017

The perfect motivation to get going and reduce procrastination.

By Subhasis C

Oct 24, 2017

I had long ago completed two courses on Coursera. They were challenging for a full time employed person like me and who did not belong to those domains. I took up this course as a personal enrichment challenge and the course really changed my outlook to everything from heart disease to dance to habit formation. The optional readings are excellent. A serious student can use those optional materials to research this subject. And the presentations did not drag. I have little money; so i had applied for financial aid but right now after finishing the course I just became more debt-ridden by paying for the course through my credit card! This is to say thank you Coursera and my instructors. The course is worth getting into debt for. Thanks again.

By Joao d S B

Feb 02, 2018

Wonderful and very nice tips to help us keep active!:)